Martin 000-18E Retro Electro-Acoustic Guitar
Martin 000-18E Retro Electro-Acoustic GuitarDetails
Product Ref: 43140View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Martin's 000 Body Shape
The Martin 000-18E features Martin's 000 body shape, which is also known as the auditorium, providing comfort and great volume projection. Its sleek, smooth, curvaceous shape features a 12th fret join construction, which provides more length in the body, offering more volume and bass projection. Its nipped in waste means it will sit comfortably on the knee, offering well-balanced to accommodate many different playing styles. The auditorium shape was found on the 1940 pre-war era guitars, providing a modern take on an authentic, vintage build.
Solid Sitka Spruce & Genuine Mahogany Body
The 000-18E Retro features a stunning solid sitka spruce top that offers a broad dynamic range, versatility, and crisp articulation. Spruce is the most commonly used wood for guitar tops as it generates a dynamic tonal pallet and accommodates numerous playing techniques. The wood itself is quite elastic in nature, which resonates well whilst remaining strong, and provides a focused, clear sound of deep lows, warm midi-range, and bright singing highs. The spruce top is contrasted beautifully by the mahogany back and sides, as mahogany is denser and produces a richer tone, with emphasised warmth in the mid and low ranges. The mahogany back and sides offer a rich characterised warmth, and is well-balanced with a bite of its own. Mahogany is used a lot in the acoustic world, because it is relatively economical, durable, attractive, easy to work with, and resonant.
Select Hardwood Neck & Ebony Fingerboard
The neck is sleek, modern, and has a high performance taper for enhanced playability. The select hardwood neck is topped with an ebony fingerboard that provides a responsive, bright, snappy, crisp attack, and excellent durability. The ebony fingerboard and bridge also add clarity and well defined punch, coupled with smooth sustain and bright top-end. The neck also features a modified low oval shape, offering durability and stability.
Martin Playability Enhanced
For 183 years, Martin have been at the forefront of guitar innovation and premier craftsmanship, bringing consumers some of the best acoustic guitars possible. The iconic Martin tone is known worldwide and playability has become an important characteristic that sets Martin guitars aside from others within the acoustic world. Martin's manufacturing processes have been perfected by their Plek machines, the Pleking process helps Martin guitars maintain their undeniable tone.
The Plek Pro has been developed for use in guitar production factories as a tool that not only does precise fingerboard dressing, but also helps with quality control. The computer controlled device scans and dresses the guitar under actual playing conditions, strung and tuned to pitch for using precise string tension emulation. This machine has been a major break through over the last decade, as its eye for detail identifies exactly what needs to be done for perfect fretwork. The Plek Pro delivers you with perfect results, raises the quality of the instrument, and gives you a beautifully toned, easy to play acoustic guitar.
Fishman F1 Aura+
This stunning guitar comes equipped with Fishman electronics, to provide an amplified authentic acoustic tone. The Fishman F1 Aura+ is exclusive to Martin guitars, and features stunning imaging technology in a distinctive and easy to use on-board preamp system. The sophisticated system has an ability to replicate the sound of nine different world-class studio microphones, providing a unique intelligence not found on any other high-end guitars. Offering an intuitive menu that is versatile with controls situated in the ideal position for ease of operation while on stage, or in rehearsals. Controlled with two rotary buttons and a single, large, bright LED display for easy-read purposes. Featuring mid-scoop control, from flat to emphasised treble and bass, volume control, image select, pickup, image blend control, digital chromatic tuner, phase switch, and compressor. In addition to these high-end features, the Aura+ features an automatic anti-feedback filter with up to 3 notches.
The Martin 000-18E was constructed and designed with vintage-retro aesthetics and tone in mind. The Martin Retro is finished with an aging toner gloss top to recreate the pleasing pre-war authentic-acoustic appearance. The aptly named 000-18E Retro screams authentic-aesthetics via taking the design, construction, and ornate details from pre-war acoustics and bringing the vintage-vibe back to the future. Martin have chosen a classic faux tortoise pick-guard to accompany the aging toner top, and old style 18-stripe sound-hole rosette, which projects Martin's vintage vision perfectly.
- Solid sitka spruce top provides versatile tone that will accommodate numerous playing styles
- Genuine mahogany body offers rich distinct warmth
- Ebony fingerboard for smooth sustain
- Aging top toner projects authentic appearance
- On-board Fishman preamp and chromatic tuner for precise tuning, and personalised tone control
Body & Bridge
- Model: 000-18E Retro
- Construction: Mahogany Blocks/Dovetail Neck Joint
- Body Size: 000-14 Fret
- Top: Solid Sitka Spruce
- Rosette: Old Style 18
- Top Bracing Pattern: Standard ''X'' Scalloped
- Top Braces: Solid Sitka Spruce 1/4''
- Back Material: Solid Genuine Mahogany
- Back Purfling: Style 18
- Side Material: Solid Genuine Mahogany
- Endpiece: none
- Endpiece Inlay: none
- Binding: Tortoise Brown
- Top Inlay Style: Multiple Black/White Boltaron
- Side Inlay: none
- Back Inlay: none
- Bridge Material: Solid Black Ebony
- Bridge Style: 1930s Style Belly w/ Drop-In Saddle
- Bridge String Spacing: 2-3/16''
- Saddle: 16'' Radius/Compensated/White Tusq
- Bridge & End Pins: Black w/ White Inlay
- Pickguard: Delmar Tortoise Color
Neck & Fingerboard
- Neck Material: Select Hardwood
- Neck Shape: Modified Low Oval Profile w/ Performing Artist Taper
- Nut Material: Bone
- Headstock: Solid/Square Taper
- Headplate: Solid East Indian Rosewood
- Heelcap: Solid Black Ebony
- Fingerboard Material: Solid Black Ebony
- Scale Length: 24.9''
- Number Of Frets Clear: 14
- Number Of Frets Total: 20
- Fingerboard Width At Nut: 1-3/4''
- Fingerboard Width At 12th Fret: 2-1/8''
- Fingerboard Position Inlays: Old Style 18 - Green Abalone
- Fingerboard Binding: none
- Finish Back & Sides: Polished Gloss
- Finish Top: Polished Gloss w/ Aging Toner
- Finish Neck: Satin
Electronics & Hardware
- Electronics: Fishman F1 Aura Plus Retro
- Tuning Machines: Grover Nickel V97-18NA Sta Tite
- Recommended Strings: Martin SP Lifespan Phosphor Bronze Light Gauge (MSP7100)
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.