Martin D-18 Acoustic Guitar, Traditional Sunburst
Martin D-18 Acoustic Guitar, Traditional SunburstDetails
The D-18 dreadnought guitar is part of the classic Martin Standard series and features a sleek, modern high performance neck for enhanced playability. The D-18 boasts a Sitka Spruce top and Mahogany back and sides. This Martin guitar is perfect for the intermediate and advanced player.
Product Ref: 30178View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
The Martin D-18 features a solid sitka spruce top which helps deliver a smooth 'all-round' sound, while genuine mahogany back and sides provide a warmer, darker tone than cedar or spruce, adding punch and projection due to its denser composition. This combination is popular due to the balanced but versatile tone provided, and lends itself to most musical styles of play, while delivering increased sustain and volume.
Other quality features of the Martin D-18 include: tortoise binding, 1930s style belly bridge in solid black ebony with a compensated bone saddle, nickel open geared tuners, a delmar tortoise pickguard and a high-grade polished gloss, traditional sunburst finish.
Strong, Stable Neck
The D-18 features a solid hardwood neck with a modified low oval profile neck shape with performing artist taper for comfortable playability. A solid black ebony fingerboard with 20 frets leads to a square taper headstock with rosewood headplate and nickel open-geared tuning machines with butterbean knobs.
Body & Bridge
- Model: D-18
- Construction: Mahogany Blocks/Dovetail Neck Joint
- Body Size: D-14 Fret
- Top: Solid Sitka Spruce
- Rosette: Style 18
- Top Bracing Pattern: Standard ''X'' Scalloped, Forward Shifted
- Top Braces: Solid Sitka Spruce 5/16''
- Back Material: Solid Genuine Mahogany
- Back Purfling: Style 18
- Side Material: Solid Genuine Mahogany
- Endpiece: Delmar Tortoise Color
- Binding: Tortoise Color
- Top Inlay Style: Multiple Black/White Boltaron
- Finish Back & Sides: Polished Gloss
- Finish Top: Traditional Sunburst
- Bridge Material: Solid Black Ebony
- Bridge Style: 1930s Style Belly w/ Drop-In Saddle
- Bridge String Spacing: 2-3/16''
- Saddle: 16'' Radius/Compensated/Bone
Neck & Fingerboard
- Neck Material: Select Hardwood
- Neck Shape: Modified Low Oval Profile w/ Performing Artist Taper
- Nut Material: Bone
- Headstock: Solid/Square Taper
- Headplate: Solid East Indian Rosewood /Raised Gold Foil
- Heelcap: Tortoise Color
- Fingerboard Material: Solid Black Ebony
- Scale Length: 25.4''
- Number of Frets Clear: 14
- Number of Frets Total: 20
- Fingerboard Width at Nut: 1-3/4''
- Fingerboard Width at 12th Fret: 2-1/8''
- Fingerboard Position Inlays: Old Style 18
- Finish Neck: Satin
- Tuning Machines: Nickel Open-Geared w/ Butterbean Knobs
- Recommended Strings: Martin Studio Performance Lifespan Phosphor Bronze Medium Gauge (MSP7200)
- Bridge & End Pins: Black
- Pickguard: Delmar Tortoise Color
- Case: 445 Hardshell
- Other Options: Available left-handed at no additional charge (please call customer services for details on 0843 155 0800).
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.