Martin DRS-2 Road Series Electro Acoustic Guitar, Natural
Martin DRS-2 Road Series Electro Acoustic Guitar, NaturalDetails
Product Ref: 25535View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
The DRS-2 features a dreadnought body shape, which provides an enormous voice, and maintains overall tonal balance. The dreadnought shape was originally designed for hard pick attack. However through years of superb craftsmanship, Martin have created a stunningly toned, well-balanced dreadnought voice that can handle many genres and styles of play with equal ease. The big body is ideal for players with a longer reach, and those more comfortable with the dreadnought size. The sheer volume the dreadnought can project makes it ideal for the singer/songwriter, as vocalists can really push their diaphragm to the max and not feel too loud against the guitar's volume, as it will sing as loud as you do.
Solid Sitka Spruce Top & Sapele Body
The DRS-2 features a stunning solid sitka spruce top that offers a broad dynamic range, versatility, and crisp articulation, and accommodates numerous playing techniques. The wood itself is quite elastic in nature, which resonates well whilst remaining strong, and provides a focused, clear sound of deep lows, warm midi-range, and bright singing highs. The spruce top is contrasted beautifully by the sapele back and sides, which exhibits a powerful mid-range, great punch, and bright, airy trebles. Sapele is sometimes mistaken as African mahogany, because it closely resembles mahogany's tonal characteristics. Tonally, sapele produces everything mahogany does, featuring a little extra zing. Overall sapele is a great all-purpose tonewood that will deliver a consistent, balanced tone in a variety of playing styles, from finger-picking, to strumming.
Select Hardwood Neck & FSC Certified Richlite Fingerboard
The select hardwood neck is topped with a richlite fingerboard that offers durability and a smooth and energetic playing experience. The neck is sleek, modern, and has a high performance taper for enhanced playability. The richlite fingerboard is dense and smooth, offering clarity and making string bends a breeze to play.
The Martin DRS-2 comes stage ready and equipped with a Fishman Sonitone on-board preamp system, featuring a sound-hole mounted preamp. The mounted preamp has rotary controls for volume and tone, offering easy tone control for great amplified tone.
Martin Playability Enhanced
For 183 years, Martin have been at the forefront of guitar innovation and premier craftsmanship, bringing consumers some of the best acoustic guitars possible. The iconic Martin tone is known worldwide and playability has become an important characteristic that sets Martin guitars aside from others within the acoustic world. Martin's manufacturing processes have been perfected by their Plek machines, the Pleking process helps Martin guitars maintain their undeniable tone.
The Plek Pro has been developed for use in guitar production factories as a tool that not only does precise fingerboard dressing, but also helps with quality control. The computer controlled device scans and dresses the guitar under actual playing conditions, strung and tuned to pitch for using precise string tension emulation. This machine has been a major break through over the last decade, as its eye for detail identifies exactly what needs to be done for perfect fretwork. The Plek Pro delivers you with perfect results, raises the quality of the instrument, and gives you a beautifully toned, easy to play acoustic guitar.
- Sitka spruce top provides versatility
- Sapele back & sides offers great all-purpose tonewood that delivers consistent balanced tone
- On-board Fishman preamp for amplified sound
- Certified Richlite offers environmentally friendly play, made from 100 recycled products
Body & Bridge
- Top Material: Sitka Spruce
- Body Size: D-14 Fret
- Body Shape: Dreadnought
- Rosette: Multi-Strip
- Bracing Pattern: X Brace Non-Scalloped
- Back & Sides Material: Sapele
- Binding: Black
- Finish: Satin
Neck & Fingerboard
- Neck Material: Select Hardwood
- Neck Shape: Performing Artist
- Neck Taper: High Performance Taper
- Plek: Yes
- Finish: Hand Rubbed
- Fingerboard Material: FSC® Certified Richlite
- Number Of Frets: 20
- Fingerboard Inlays: Plastic White Dot
- Nut: White Corian
- Scale Length: 25.4''
Hardware & Electronics
- Preamp: Fishman Sonitone
- Preamp Controls: Volume & Tone Rotary Controls
- Tuning Machines: Chrome Enclosed Gear
- Strings: SP Lifespan 92/8 Phosphor Bronze Medium (MSP7200)
- Pickguard: Black
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.