Up front, that number '5' indicates the low power, single-ended magic of pure Class A. The "50" refers to the rated push-pull output. Together, these make up Duo-Class Mesa Boogie's patented new power circuit, the first to offer both single-ended and push-pull configurations in the same amplifier.
But even that's not the last stop. Each channel is further equipped with its own Contour depth control for added shaping that's both assignable and footswitchable. Used subtly, Contour adds a halo of depth and chime to gleaming clean sounds. Higher Contour settings, especially in Crunch and Burn, take you into Recto turf, tight, huge and menacing.
Don't be fooled by its compact size! You'll be shocked when you hear this little monster.
Two Incredible Channels, Four Fully Evolved Modes give you a boarding pass to all the classic guitar styles. The pristine, blooming CLEAN and tight, grinding CRUNCH cover the rhythm territories in Channel 1 while Channel 2 roams the wide open spaces of soloing with howling BLUES and soaring BURN modes.
Both Channels feature assignable / footswitchable CONTOUR controls that pack the sonic power of a multi-band EQ into one simple control. Blend this dynamic, bouncy circuit with the musically rich TONE controls for a sound far bigger than you've ever heard from a combo.
External Switch Jacks
Switch "tracks" remotely with the EXTERNAL SWITCH jacks where CHANNELS, REVERB and the CONTOUR controls can be patched to an external master switching system for remote access. The transparent series EFFECTS LOOP handles the interface to all outboard processing.
Patented Duo-Class Power Switching let's you switch the Class (operating class) and Configuration (wiring style) in tandem, giving you two dialed power-voice ranges with the flick of a switch.
- Duo-Class Power Amp (Patent 7,173,488) allows you to select either:
- 1 power tube in pure Class A (single-ended) producing 5 Watts or switching to:
- 2 power tubes in Class A/B to produce 50 Watts via a 5/50 Power Switch / 2x 6L6 & 5x 12AX7
- Fixed Bias for consistent, maintenance free performance
- 2 Fully Independent Channels with 4 Style Modes (Channel 1 = Clean or Crunch, Channel 2 = Blues or Burn)
- Independent Gain, Treble, Mid, Bass, Reverb, Master and Contour Controls per Channel
- Footswitchable Variable Contour Control on each channel provides the power of our 5-band graphic EQ all from 1 rotary control
- All-Tube, Long Spring Reverb
- Fully Buffered FX Loop External Switching Jacks for Channel 1/2, Contour 1, Contour 2, Reverb
- 3 Button Footswitch (Channel 1/2, Reverb & Contour)
- Includes Mesa Boogie amp Cover
This item is an ex showroom display model. There are light scuffs and signs of use around the casing.
Otherwise, the unit operates as new.
Original boxing and manual are not included. However it will be very well packed in suitable packaging prior to dispatch and the manual is available to download and print from the Mesa Boogie website
This is a great opportunity to buy a fully functioning product at a discounted price, supplied with a one year warranty.