Radial Tonebone Plexitube 12AX7 Tube Distortion Pedal
Radial Tonebone Plexitube 12AX7 Tube Distortion PedalDetails
Product Ref: 72831View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
"The Tonebone Plexitube is the most versatile distortion pedal I own. It's also the quietest I've ever used. I find all Radial products to be designed with sound quality, easy operation and durability in mind." - Daryl Stuermer (Genesis, Phil Collins)
Designed for Ultimate On-Stage Functionallity
The Tonebone Plexitube's two distortion channels mean switching between rhythm and lead settings whilst performing couldn't be easier. Channel-1's scooped out mids provide the perfect thick tone for your chunky, gut-shaking rhythm riffs, and Channel-2 is optimised to offer all the face-melting, sustained mids you need to cut through with razor sharp-solos. These are both augmented with individual contour controls and voicing, allowing you the customisation to dial each tone to your preference. Also ultra-bright LEDs mean you'll never be in the dark about your distortion, even on the darkest of stages!
When the Plexitube 12AX7 isn't in use, its true-bypass connections ensure your guitar's original sound reaches the amp suffering no tone sucking on the way through. Photocell switching means activating the pedal is always smooth, clean and pop-free, even with high gain amps. The Plexitube even features an integrated effects loop on the lead channel, which can automatically switch other pedals such as delay on and off for you when swapping channels, saving you the frantic foot stomping!
- Circuit type: Hybrid tube / proprietary circuit
- Tube type: Standard 12AX7 vacuum tube
- Input impedance: 1meg Ω at input jack
- Output impendence: 10K Ω
- Drive: Input drive gain control for both channels
- Intermediate ch-2 drive trim adjuster: Recessed control - accesable with a tweeker
- Voicing 1 & 2: Used inconjunction with the Ch-1 and Ch-2 Contour controls
- CHANNEL-1: Fat - Scoop - Out
- CHANNEL-2 : Fat - Scoop - Extra Scoop
- Ch-1 & Ch-2 contour: Separate sound shaping control for each channel. Used in conjuction with the VOICING 3-position switch
- Mid Boost: Used to fatten up the sound for more cut and sustain during solos. Also, will fatten up the sound of single coil pickups:
- High: +12dB @ 620Hz
- Medium: +7dB @ 390Hz
- Off: No boost
- Top End: Switch sets the overall tonal character of the Plexitube to best match the amp and settings. Brighter amps are normally compensated with darker settings:
- Bright: Boosts +6dB @ 10kHz
- Flat: No boost or cut
- Dark: Cuts -6dB @ 1.8kHz
- High & Low EQ:
- Low: +/- 14.5 db @ 100Hz
- High: +/- 10 db @ 4.3kHz
- Footswitches: True bypass with green on/off status LED, Heavy-duty high-cycle switch
- LED indicators: Large 3mm OD ultra-bright LEDs
- Construction: 14 gauge steel, baked enamel finish
- Size: 8.12 x 4.25 x 2.12"' (207 x 108 x 54mm)
- Weight: 2.15lb (1kg)
- Power Supply: 15VDC 400mA, center pole positive
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.