Rickenbacker 381/V69 12 String Hollowbody Guitar, Mapleglo
Rickenbacker 381/V69 12 String Hollowbody Guitar, MaplegloDetails
The Rickenbacker 381/V69 12 String is the epitome of Rickenbacker style and tone. The hand carved arch top and back of the guitar provide a striking aesthetic that derives from the original 1957 model. The Rickenbacker 381/12V69 has two Vintage Single Coil Toaster Top pickups that sound warm yet bright with the classic Rickenbacker jangle. The 12 string configuration of the 381 gives you the ultimate mid 60s Harrison tone. The clever design of the headstock means that all of the deluxe vintage machine heads are easily accessible and keeps the length of the headstock the same as any standard 6 string Ricky. This guitar has both stereo and mono outputs, as well as a beautiful Charactered Maple body and checkerboard binding.
Product Ref: 71010View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Charactered Maple, Hand Carved Body
The Rickenbacker 381/12V69 guitar’s semi-hollow body is constructed from Charactered Maple and fashioned with a distinctive and unique hand carved indent that runs along the sides of the guitar. With checkerboard binding, a high gloss finish and triangle pearloid inlays, the 381 is unrivaled in it's unique a stunning aesthetic. The 381’s Maple body produces a tastefully complex and clean tone that has plenty of warmth to it, brightening up the top end whilst tightening the lower end. Its semi-hollow, double cut 330 style shape keeps the body lightweight and provides beautifully intricate voicing and full access to the higher frets.
Maple Neck and Rosewood Fingerboard
Rickenbacker’s 381 features a Rosewood fingerboard that’s bound to a Maple neck for added stability and offers a stylish look. The neck-through body achieves an extraordinary amount of sustain. With a slim, sleek design and excellent low action to provide a fast play, the guitar's neck produces a tight and warm tone with the Maple offering a snappy attack with sizzling highs and firm lows, whilst the Rosewood helps keep the tone mellow and offers some sparkle to the highs and thickens up the lows.
Vintage Single Coil Toaster Top Pickups
Situated at both the neck and bridge, the Rickenbacker 381 features a set of vintage single coil Toaster Top pickups to offer a vintage and unmistakable Rickenbacker jangle. The neck pickup is warm and woolly with dark, bluesy overtones. The bridge pickups provides a clean tone with a sixties style jangle, used together the two pickups produce an incredible amount of Rickenbacker’s distinctive sixties tone.
Body & Bridge
- Body: Charactered Maple
- Body Style: Semi-Acoustic Double Cut
- Bridge: Rickenbacker 12 Saddle
- Binding: Cream Checkerboard
- Finish: Mapleglo
- Construction: Neck-Through
Neck & Fingerboard
- Neck: Maple
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Binding: Cream
- Inlays:Pearloid Triangles
- Scale Length:24.75"
- Width at Nut: 1.63" (41.4mm)
- Width at 12th Fret: 1.931" (49.05mm)
- Number of Frets: 21
Electronics & Hardware
- Neck Pickup: Rickenbacker Vintage Single Coil Toaster Top™
- Bridge Pickup: Rickenbacker Vintage Single Coil Toaster Top™
- Controls: 2 x Volume, 2 x Tone, 1 x Blend, 3-Way Sound Selector
- Output: Stereo, Mono
- Tailpiece: Rickenbacker “R”
- Machine Heads: Deluxe Vintage
- Scratchguard: Split Level, White
- Trussrod: Duel System
- Hardware: Chrome
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.