Schecter Jeff Loomis JL-7 Electric Guitar, Gloss Black
Schecter Jeff Loomis JL-7 Electric Guitar, Gloss BlackDetails
Product Ref: 74395View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Swamp Ash Body with an Arched Top
The Jeff Loomis JL-7 guitar has a body constructed from high quality Swamp Ash, making it lightweight, and resonant. The Swamp Ash creates an airy, twang tone that’s pleasantly sweet, offering firm lows, pleasing highs, slightly scooped mids, and an excellent amount of sustain. The Swamp Ash’s arched top provides a great resonance, enhancing the natural tones of the body wood. Also featuring black binding, black hardware, and a Hipshot hardtail bridge, the Schecter is given a vampyre red finish to create a visually stunning guitar.
Maple/Walnut Neck and Maple Fingerboard
With a neck constructed from multiple plies of Maple and Walnut, the guitars tone is given tightness and cut, providing an edge of sizzle to the highs and firmness to its lows. The Maple wood provides bright characteristics to the overall tone, whilst offering a snappy attack in the midrange. When the strings are played hard, the wood produces more punch to the tone, and when played with light or medium picking, then tone has excellent clarity. The guitar also comes with many other features including Schecter locking machine heads, a Graph Tech nut, and metal cross inlays.
Seymour Duncan Pickups
The collaboration between Seymour Duncan and Arch Enemies Jeff Loomis resulted in the Jeff Loomis signature BlackOuts. With a set used on the JL-7, the guitar can produce dynamic tones that have a strong attack to maintain detail, and remains clear under heavy distortion. In the neck position, the BlackOuts offers excellent articulation, with a focused bass response to keep the low end in check and provide an incredible sustain. The bridge position offers a more pronounced midrange response then the neck, resulting in a stronger pick attack that can capture fast picking more accurately. Its low end has been designed to keep power chords sounding big and powerful.
Schecter is one of the world's premier guitar companies, creating and selling electric guitars and basses, acoustic guitars and USA Custom Shop instruments to musicians around the world. They combine quality with affordability to suit a variety of different players and diverse musical styles. The company has a growing number of high profile artists playing their instruments, such as musicians from Disturbed, Avenged Sevenfold, The Cure, Papa Roach, Seether and more.
Body & Bridge
- Body: Swamp Ash
- Contour: Arched Top
- Binding: Black 1-Ply
- Bridge: Hipshot Hardtail (.125) w/ String-Thru Body
- Construction: Set-Neck w/ Ultra Access
- Finish: Vampyre Red Satin
Neck & Fingerboard
- Neck Material: Maple/Walnut Multi-Ply
- Fretboard Material: Maple
- Frets: 24 X-Jumbo Stainless Steel
- Scale: 26.5"
- Fretboard Radius: 16”
- Thickness: @ 1st Fret- .748" (19mm)/ @ 12th Fret- .787” (20mm)
- Nut: Graph Tech XL Black Tusq
- Nut Width: 1.889"
- Inlays: Metal Crosses
- Side Dots: Glow in the Dark
- Neck Shape: Ultra-Thin “C”
Electronics & Hardware
- Bridge Pickup: Seymour Duncan Jeff Loomis BlackOuts
- Neck Pickup: Seymour Duncan Jeff Loomis BlackOuts
- Controls: Volume/3-Way Switch
- Machine Heads: Schecter Locking
- Knobs: Metal Knurled w/ Set Screw
- Hardware: Black
- Battery Compartment: 9-Volt Clip-In
- Strings: Ernie Ball 7-String (.009/.011/.016/.026/.036/.046/.062)
- Case Included: No
- Recommended Case: Schecter SGR-1C C-Shape Hardcase
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 3 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 60 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 3 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.