Silvertone 1303/U2 Electric Guitar + SubZero Tube 5 Amp Pack, Black
Silvertone 1303/U2 Electric Guitar + SubZero Tube 5 Amp Pack, BlackDetails
Product Ref: 68303View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Included in this pack
- Silvertone 1303/U2 Electric Guitar, Black
- SubZero Tube-5W Guitar Amp
- Jack - Jack Instrument Cable, 3m
Return of a Classic
The original Silvertone 1303/U2 Electric Guitar was one of the original solid body guitars, and its signature twang inspired many musicians and future models. As the 1970s came, Silvertone fell out of style to more visually simplistic guitars, but the return came when garage rock bands such as The White Stripes and The Black Keys began playing similarly retro instruments. Later, the vintage Silvertones found themselves in the hands of Bon Iver, Beck, and Mark Knopfler. Now, the reissue brings an updated version with plenty of history to influence many more guitarists to come.
This single cut shape is a timeless choice due to its simplicity, playability and attractive design. The sleek, fully black body would comfortably fit amongst guitars of any era and the headstock is designed with extra length and a slim profile. This classic, sophisticated guitar will be sure to turn heads with its name and history.
Classic Single Coil Lipstick Pickups
One of the most influential features of the original Silvertone 1303/U2 was the pickups’ single coil twang and spring. The tone was easily recognisable, and sought after by many blues and country artists, whilst the lipstick shape pushed forward the drive popular in up and coming rock music. The 1303 has identical replica pickups to the originals, so the crunchy, high signal sound is accessible to a whole new generation.
Updated, Refined Features
As brilliant as Silvertone guitars were, they lost favour for their inconsistent fretwork and necks. This reissue has resolved this problem with a modern C neck shape, and an all-round more reliable build quality to ensure your guitar gets all the right sorts of attention. The body is Mahogany whilst the top is Maple which keeps the tone deep and rich, with a twang at the top end for extra flare. A newly engineered neck joint will also help the guitar’s sustain. The 1303/U2 reissue also features a modernised, fully adjustable bridge to supply a thick, resonant tone.
SubZero Tube-5W Guitar Amp
The 1 x EL84 Ruby tube is combined with 1 x 12AX7 Ruby tube to create a sound that goes from lush warm clean tones through your dirtier blues drive all the way to blazing rock.
Featuring both a clean and overdrive channels, this amp gives you the option of driving the valves to get a really bluesy crunch, or switching to the clean channel to achieve the characteristic full warm clean sound only found with valves, but without losing any volume.
The 8" Celestion Super 8 speaker means that you're in safe hands when it comes to delivering your desired sound whether at practise or on stage.
Silvertone 1303/U2 Electric Guitar, Black
Body & Bridge
- Body Construction: Solid
- Body Material: Mahogany
- Finish: Black
- Bridge: Thru-Body Adjustable
Neck & Fingerboard
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Neck Shape: 'C'
- Inlays: Pearl Dot
- Attachment: Bolt-on
- Truss Rod: Dual Action
- Binding: White
- Number of Frets: 21
- Fret Material: Nickel Silver
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Nut Material: PPS
Pickups & Hardware
- Pickups: Silvertone Lipstick Single Coil
- Controls: Stacked Volume (2), Tone (2)
- Switch: 3-Way Toggle
- Output Jack: 1/4" Mono
- Pickguard: Single Layer Clear
- Tuners: Sealed
- Finish: Chrome
Dimensions & Weight
- Overall Length: 949m (37-3/8")
- Scale Length: 635mm (25’’)
- Nut Width: 43mm (1-11/16")
- 12th Fret Width: 48mm (1-7/8")
- Fb Radius: 305mm (12")
- Weight: 2.5kg (7.68lbs)
SubZero Tube-5W Guitar Amp
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.