TC Electronic Staccato 51 Bass Amp Head
TC Electronic Staccato 51 Bass Amp HeadDetails
The bass world's response to our introduction of award winning RH450 and Classic450 has been overwhelming. Now, with the help of a true world-class bass legend, we introduce our third amp to deliver instant world-class bass tone - we are proud to present our cooperation with, Tower Of Power's Rocco Prestia on Staccato'51
Product Ref: 16501View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Think of legendary bass players and Francis Rocco Prestia features on every list. For over 40 years now Rocco's bass has been underpinning the groove for Californian funk legends Tower of Power. In that time Rocco has defined his own style and become synonymous with the much-imitated 'Finger Style Funk' that he pioneered back in the '60s and '70s.
Now TC Electronic and Rocco have joined forces to make Staccato'51 - a custom-tuned version of the RH450 that's been made to Rocco's exact specification and ear. It may look like the RH450 bass head, but the sound design is completely different and meets the demands of a legend like Rocco Prestia - both on stage and in the studio.
Rocco's sound design on Staccato'51 fits his legendary finger-muting technique like a glove. The full-bodied tone with plenty of highs and lows as well as the ultra fast precision response enhances the percussive elements of Rocco's playing to perfection.
In addition to the sheer tone shaping, Rocco has added a touch of TC Electronic's SpectraComp per-string compression to tighten the sound even more. And finally a touch of TubeTone brings out the growl of Staccato'51 when really digging into those low-end notes with his powerful right hand technique.
To achieve perfect tone, Rocco pairs his Staccato'51 with a stack of our RS cabinets - An RS410 and two RS212s - giving him both punch and enough low end to stand out on stage with the 10-piece Tower of Power band.
Most bass players know that integrated compressors generally don't sound that good. A regular compressor tends to be dominated by the lower string, but Staccato 51's SpectraComp technology allows virtually 'per string' multi-band compression that evens out the compression across all strings - Rocco adds a touch of SpectraComp to tighten up his sound.
TubeTone emulates all characteristics of both the pre- and power amp to deliver the full tube sound. Staccato?51 uses the TubeTone to add the growl when really diggin' in.
3 User memories
With the 3 user memories on Staccato'51 you can easily switch between, for example, your 4- and 5-string basses, or your Rickenbacker and Fender Jazz. Just plug in the bass and use the 'car radio' style Store & Recall controls to easily switch between presets for your chosen model. There are three bass user memories, remote control access and visual indicators for Mute and the Tuner.
Flexible Tone Control
Straightforward controls like you know them from traditional amps. Voiced by Rocco Prestia to give you plenty of tweaking options to nail the perfect tone. Chances are that this is all you?re ever gonna need. However, if you're not fully satisfied with the default frequency areas, fear not - we've given you the option to change the focus of each of the tone controls through semi parametric access through the shift button.
Integrated Chromatic Tuner
Every bass player needs a tuner, so we built one in. Simply push the Mute button to get a full-resolution tuner 'light ring' to help you tune your instrument quickly and accurately. You can also use the RC4 for easy remote access to this functionality.
Playing any instrument on its own can be a little dull, but everyone needs time to practice, which is why Staccato '51 has rehearsal inputs. This rear panel-mounted feature allows you to plug in your iPod, phone, computer or MP3 player via the supplied mini-jack to RCA cable adapter for easy practicing and playing along with recorded music.
World Ready power supply - The ultimate in convenience for the traveling musician. The built-in power supply operates from 90 to 240 Volts, making life a lot easier for anyone on the road as there?s no complicated fuse changing - just plug and play!
Digital Recording output - The AES/EBU connector means you can record straight into your DAW, such as Pro Tools or Logic. For maximum flexibility it?s also S/PDIF compatible and switchable from pre to post in the pre-amp section.
Integrated Linedriver - Quality can vary wildly with built-in linedrivers, but Staccato 51's linedriver is transformer balanced and galvanically isolated from the rest of the amp, which means no ground loops or hum. And don't worry about long cable runs - Staccato '51 will draw at least 100m of cable with zero drop in audio quality.
Even though the integrated linedriver in Staccato'51 does not need 48v phantom to operate, it does not get harmed either if your sound engineer accidently leaves it on.
Portability - The versatility of Staccato '51 wouldn't really make sense if it came in an oversized, bulky box. Its stylish design with the smooth grab 'n' go handle just spells out portability. It sets your creativity free and screams for you to bring it along wherever your bass talent takes you. Bring your own sound for whatever show or studio session you're involved in or jam out on the tour bus, at the hotel room, at home - and hey, it works for rehearsals too.
Power Handling - The 450w high power output level of Staccato '51 is accomplished by using Class D amplifier technology in combination with TC Electronic's Active Power Management. APM effectively means that the amp behaves very much like a tube amp when getting close to maximum performance by optimizing the power impact, contrary to the hard-clipping tendencies of transistor amps and most other Class D amps.
- Input connector: 1/4" jack
- Input impedance: 1 Mohm / 100 pF
- Gain range: -96 to 32dB
- Bass: Center Freq: 280Hz (range: 71-1120Hz, Gain: +15/-24dB)
- Low Mid: Center Freq: 400Hz (range: 100-1600Hz, Gain: +15/-24dB)
- High Mid: Center Freq: 800Hz (range: 200-3150Hz, Gain: +15/-24dB)
- Treble: Center Freq: 1600Hz (range: 400-6300Hz, Gain: +12/-24dB)
- Tube Tone: 0 to12, Tube amp Recreation
- Spectra Comp: 3 band Spectral Compression
- Preset Level: -12 dB to 0 gain attenuation
- User Memories: 3 memory locations storing all front panel controls except Mute & Master Level
- Tuner (Tuning range): Chromatic, constant on A0 (27.50Hz) to E5 (659.26Hz)
- Mute: Mutes speaker out, Phones out and Balanced out
- Master Level Headphone Output: Studio quality headphone amp
- Impedance: 40 to 600 Ohm
- Speaker out: Combined Speakon / 1/4" jack
- Balanced output: Transformer Balanced XLR, Pre/Post Pre-amp
- Max. Output: +0dBu
- Optimal Load Impedance: 600 Ohm
- Preamp out: 1/4" Jack, Balanced Output, Max Output Level = +8dBu
- Power amp in: 1/4" Jack, balanced input, impedance = 10 kOhm, Max Input Level = +8dBu
- Rehearsal input: RCA, Left/Right input, fits to iPod
- Digital Recording out: Balanced XLR, AES/EBU, (24-bit)
- Remote connection: 5 pin DIN, Cable with shield
- Dimensions: 275 x 290 x 66 mm / 10,8" x 11,4" x 2,6"
- Weight: 4kg / 8.8 pounds
- Finish: Sandblasted die-cast aluminum
- Mains supply: Universal 100 - 240V 50/60Hz (85w @ 1/8 Power)
- Power rating: 450w (800w Peak)
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.