Taylor 418e Grand Orchestra Electro Acoustic Guitar
Taylor 418e Grand Orchestra Electro Acoustic GuitarDetails
Product Ref: 62230View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
The Grand Orchestra body shape features a slightly larger an deeper body, helping to produce a powerful low-end response. The new bracing optimises the movement of the soundboard, providing a louder and more complex tone with incredible sustain. Unlike other big-bodied guitars, this grand orchestra model is ideal for strong strumming styles as well as players with a lighter touch.
The Sitka Spruce top wood is one of the most commonly used wood for guitar tops. The combination of strength and elasticity translates into a broad dynamic range, providing crisp articulation and allowing for everything from aggressive strumming and flatpicking to fingerpicking. Perfect for all styles of guitar and players. The guitars ovangkol body offers similar tones to rosewood, creating sweet tones with sparkling highs and thick lows. The body tonewood has a very full midrannge and is perfect for adding sustain and resonance to the strings, creating a very big sound.
Unique Bracing Pattern
A significant factor behind the incredible sound of the 418e is the forward shifted bracing pattern with a relief rout. The 'x' in the bracing pattern is moved closer to the soundhole, enabling more of the guitar top to vibrate, delivering maximum tonal quality and projection.
Expression System 2
The Taylor Expression System 2 is a revolutionary pickup design that delivers the latest in Taylor's ongoing innovation in acoustic guitar amplification. The heart of the Expression System 2 is Taylor's proprietary behind-the-saddle pickup, which features three uniquely positioned and individually calibrated pickup sensors. The location of the sensors enables a more dynamic range of acoustic sound to be captured than ever before. Together with Taylor's custom-designed ''professional audio''-grade preamp, this system produces exceptional amplified tone and responsiveness. On stage through a PA, plugged into your favorite acoustic amplifier, or direct into recording software, the Expression System 2 faithfully conveys the voice of your Taylor guitar.
Quality You Can Trust
Taylor Guitars design and construct each of their guitars to a high standard, ensuring that each time you play, you are getting the best paying experience. All of Taylor’s 400 series guitars include an official Taylor hard case, and customers can benefit from a FREE 12 year Taylor European warranty when registering their purchased guitar at www.taylorguitars.com
Body & Bridge
- Body Shape: Grand Orchestra
- Top: Sitka Spruce
- Back and Sides: Ovangkol
- Bracing: Forward Shifting Pattern w/Relief Rout
- Bridge Pins: Ebony
- Binding: White
- Finish: Gloss
Neck & Fingerboard
- Neck: Tropical Mahogany
- Neck Joint: Scarf
- Neck Width: 1.75"
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Inlays: Italian Acrylic Dots
- Number of Frets: 20
- Headstock Overlay: Ebony
Electronics & Hardware
- Electronics: Expression System 2
- Controls: Bass, Treble, Master Volume
- Tuners: Taylor Nickel
- Nut: Tusq
- Saddle: Micarta
- Buttons: Nickel
- Pickguard: Tortoise
- Headstock Logo: Taylor Colorcore
- Rosette: Plastic
- Strings: Elixir Phosphor Bronze Medium
- Included Case: Taylor Deluxe Hardshell, Brown
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 3 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 60 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 3 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.