Taylor 814ce Electro Acoustic Guitar
Taylor 814ce Electro Acoustic GuitarDetails
The Taylor 814ce Electro Acoustic Guitar has been re-voiced by master luthier Andy Powers, who has developed a new innovative bracing pattern for the 800 series and refined the guitars look, feel and tone. The improvements have made the Taylor 814ce more responsive with a warm and dynamic tone with a matured mid-range and a loose, luxurious low end. A true all rounder, there's plenty of power and punch for the hard strummers, but precision and finesse for pickers and delicate players. Visually, the guitar is stunning thanks to some new appointments, including a rosewood pickguard, purfling, rosette, maple binding and an ebony truss-rod cover. Taylor's Expression System 2 (ES2) offers players the most impressive and accurate pickup system developed by Taylor yet, really amplifying the acoustic tone of the guitar beautifully.
Product Ref: 43033View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
A Grand Auditorium Body
The 814ce has a full sized Grand Auditorium body with a softly rounded venetian cutaway. Sitting in between the more traditional Dreadnought and Concert bodies, the incredibly versatile Grand Auditorium profile is regarded as Taylor's signature shape, delivering a balanced tone equally suited to all styles of strumming and fingerstyle playing.
Sitka Spruce and Indian Rosewood
The Taylor 814ce, features a beautiful sitka spruce top and offers a broad dynamic range and yielding crisp articulation. Sitka spruce is the most commonly used wood for guitar tops as it generates a broad dynamic range and accommodates numerous playing styles, from aggressive strumming to fingerpicking. This stunning tonewood is contrasted with Indian rosewood back and sides, providing the Taylor with a throaty growl. Rosewood is a versatile tonewood that offers a wide range of possibilities and is an ideal choice for blues and bluegrass players, as it delivers a full low end with a bright treble, and clear articulation. The overall sound of the Taylor 814ce provides a traditional sound that is perfect for many players.
The Perfect Guitar Neck
For ultimate playability and peace of mind, all 800 series guitars feature Taylor's unique NT neck design. The NT neck was designed to give players a straighter, more stable guitar neck, resistant to common problems such as changes in humidity. The neck sits in a custom fit pocket along with laser-cut spacers. There's a perfect neck angle for each Taylor guitar, and these precision spacers create it. Best of all, because there is no glue used in the NT neck design, maintenance and adjustments can be made by trained technicians in a matter of minutes.
Expression System 2
The Taylor Expression System 2 is a revolutionary pickup design that delivers the latest in Taylor's ongoing innovation in acoustic guitar amplification. The heart of the Expression System 2 is Taylor's proprietary behind-the-saddle pickup, which features three uniquely positioned and individually calibrated pickup sensors. The location of the sensors enables a more dynamic range of acoustic sound to be captured than ever before. Together with Taylor's custom-designed professional audio grade preamp, this system produces exceptional amplified tone and responsiveness. On stage through a PA, plugged into your favorite acoustic amplifier, or direct into recording software, the Expression System 2 faithfully conveys the voice of your Taylor guitar.
Quality You Can Trust
Taylor Guitars design and construct each of their guitars to a high standard, ensuring that each time you play, you are getting the best paying experience. All of Taylor’s 800 series guitars include an official Taylor hard case, and customers can benefit from a FREE 12 year Taylor European warranty when registering their purchased guitar at www.taylorguitars.com
- The 800 Series Models Feature a Unique Bracing Design, Which Brings out Greater Warmth, Midrange, Balance and Sustain
- Instrument-Friendly Protein Adhesives Facilitate Their Movement in a Different Way, Enhancing Clarity and Volume
- Reduced Thickness of its Polyester Gloss, Ultraviolet Light-Cured Finish to an Average of 3.5 Mils or Less-Nearly Half the Thickness of its Standard Gloss Finish.
- The Wood Thickness has Been Optimized to Help Bring out the Best of Each Body Shape
- Featuring Taylor's new Expression System 2 (ES2), Which Includes Three Uniquely Positioned and Individually Calibrated Pickup Sensors
- Refreshed Appointment Package Featuring New Binding and Purfling, Fretboard Inlays, Rosette and Backstrip, Along with a Rosewood Pickguard and Marbled Ebony Fretboards.
Body & Bridge
- Body Shape: Grand Auditorium
- Top: Sikta Spruce
- Back and Side: Indian Rosewood
- Length: 20"
- Width: 16.25”
- Depth: 4.625"
- Bracing: Advance Performance w/Relief Rout
- Bridge Pins: Ebony w/Abalone Dots
- Binding: Maple
- Finish: Gloss 3.5 Natural
Neck & Fingerboard
- Neck: Tropical Mahogany
- Neck Joint: Scarf
- Neck Width: 1.75"
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Inlays: Element
- Number of Frets: 20
- Fretboard Binding: Maple
- Headstock Overlay: Ebony
Electronics & Hardware
- Electronics: Expression System 2
- Controls: Bass, Treble, Master Volume
- Tuners: Taylor Nickel
- Nut and Saddle: Tusq Nut/Micarta Saddle
- Buttons: Nickel
- Pickguard: Rosewood
- Headstock Logo: Mother of Pearl Taylor
- Rosette: Abalone
- Strings: Elixir Phosphor Bronze HD Light
- Included Case: Taylor Deluxe Hardshell
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 3 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 60 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 3 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.