Vintage Gordon Giltrap D-Day Mandolin and Case
Vintage Gordon Giltrap D-Day Mandolin and CaseDetails
The Vintage Gordon Giltrap D-Day Mandolin is a reproduction of a 1940 Mandolin used by an American soldier who carried it during the landings at Omaha beach on June 6, 1944. It features a beautiful Ash body, Nyatoh neck and rosewood fingerboard. Extra features include aged hardware , and inscriptions carved by the owner of his fellow soldiers to replicate original and maintain its authenticity. This stunning instrument includes a zero-gravity case and a souvenir booklet that documents the story.
Product Ref: 74651View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Gordon Giltrap is highly regarded as one of the worlds greatest guitar players. He has been at the forefront of acoustic guitar playing since the late 1960's and has released more than thirty albums in his four decades in the music business. Over that time he has worked or collaborated with so many great names including Sir Cliff Richard, Brian May, Midge Ure, and Martin Taylor.
Based on a 1944 D-Day Mandolin
Based on a 1940’s mandolin originally owned by a US Serviceman who fought at and survived the Omaha beach landings The Gordon Giltrap Vintage ‘D-Day Mandolin’ has been faithfully reproduced by Vintage as a poignant reminder of the sacriﬁces made over 70 years ago by those servicemen and women, and the importance of musical instruments in raising morale during wartime conﬂict.
During landings at Omaha beach on June 6, 1944, one of the servicemen carried with him a 1940 Regal mandolin, typical of the budget war issue instruments that were popular at that time. A message scratched onto the upper side reads: “God helped us. USS LCT 639 hit Omaha beach off France on June 6 1944.” This original mandolin is possibly one of the most important and historic musical instruments of the Second World War. Not only did its owner survive the D-Day exercises, it also went to Omaha beach and returned. With the detective work of Hilary Giltrap (the wife of Gordon) the famous mandolin has been brought it into the spotlight.
- Includes zero-gravity case for transportation
- Based on a 1944 D-Day Mandolin that was taken to war
- White Ash Body with Nyatoh Neck
- Aged Hardware to replicate the original
- Tonally responsive and very easy to play
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 4 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 60 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 4 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.