View Full Description
Alder Body & Rosewood Fingerboard
The BB425’s body is constructed from alder, a highly popular choice of wood for bass production, producing a deep, smooth tone whilst remaining lightweight and highly durable. The rosewood fingerboard has a 23.625" radius and features 21 frets with classic white oval inlays, creating a beautiful aesthetic and smooth playing surface. The 5-piece maple/nato neck provides a combination of bright, sweet tonal characteristics, adding plenty of complexity to the highs and thickening up the low end.
Bar/Split Single-Coil Pickups
The BB425 features two powerful pickups, with a bar single-coil pickup at the bridge and a split Single-coil pickup in the middle. These premium-quality pickups deliver a full-bodied sound, offering excellent articulation while remaining dominant in its tone. This is ideal for a range of playing styles from deep, ringing bass tones to fast and aggressive slap bass riffs.
Diagonal Body Thru Stringing & Neck
One of the most unique design aspects of the BB425 is the diagonal body thru stringing. This work by angling the string at 45 degrees at the saddle, reducing stress and securing the tensions of the strings. The larger than normal attachment area to the saddle helps for improved transmission of vibration, resulting in a fuller and more articulate sound. The 5-piece bolt-on neck is constructed from 5-pieces of maple and nato for maximum durability and style. This design helps to prevent the neck from warping or curling over long periods of time.
Body & Bridge
- Body: Alder
- Bridge: Vintage Style
- Construction Bolt-On
- Finish: Red Metallic
Neck & Fingerboard
- Neck: 5-Pc Maple/Nato
- Scale Length: 34" (863.6mm)
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Radius: 23.625" (600mm)
- Frets: 21 Medium
- Inlays: Pearloid Ovals
- Nut: Urea
- Nut Width: 43mm
Electronics & Hardware
- Bridge Pickup: Bar Single-Coil (Ceramic)
- Neck Pickup: Split Single-Coil (Alnico V)
- Controls: Master Volume, Master Tone, 3-Way Toggle Switch
- Tuning Machines: Open Gear
- Hardware: Nickel Silver
- Strings: D'Addario EXL170-5SL (0.045 - 0.130 Gauges)
- Case Included: No
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
This item usually qualifies for free standard delivery. Saturday and timed delivery services are also available as cost options when you add the item to your shopping basket.
If you also purchase items that do not
qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your
order which will be shown in your shopping basket.