Yamaha BBNE2 Nathan East 5-String Bass Guitar
Yamaha BBNE2 Nathan East 5-String Bass GuitarDetails
Product Ref: 70119View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Designed In Collaboration with Nathan West
The BBNE2 was developed and designed in collaboration with infamous bassist, Nathan East. Nathan East has long been a prominent figure in modern music, touring with some of the biggest names music has to offer. He is renowned for being versatile but articulate with his playing style, playing with a range of different bands and artists. Revered as one of the best and most versatile bass players in the world, Nathan East has played alongside the likes of Phil Collins and Eric Clapton. Working in collaboration with Yamaha, Nathan West has produced the BBNE2, a custom designed signature model part of the BB series that delivers a warm yet articulate tone.
Design and Electronics
The BBNE2 follows the shape and design of other BB series guitars with its stylish double-cutaway contoured body constructed from Maple and Alder, maximising resonance and helping to produce the thick, warm tone the BBNE2 produces. The BBNE2 features a neck through design comprised of a 5-piece maple and mahogany neck sandwiched between the body. The contoured design of the body is to ensure maximum comfort for the player. Additionally, the BBNE2 features active electronics with a special equaliser circuit based on Nathan East’s ‘Magic Box’. This circuit gives you the ability to cut off the selected mid frequency for added precision and control.
Unique Bridge Design
One of the most unique features of the BBNE2 is the design of the bridge of the instrument. The bridge features individual bridge pieces which help to minimises any crossed vibrations from other strings. This results in a purer and cleaner tone, minimising any mistakes or wrong notes.
The BBNE2 features two sets of pickups, The Alnico V Humbucker pickups and custom designed slack type pickups. The Alnico V Humbucker pickups produce a warmer tone, while the construction helps to minimise any feedback. The custom slack type pickups were designed in collaboration with Nathan East, providing the perfect tone for Jazz and Blues players.
- Designed In Collaboration With Nathan West to offer a articulate tone
- Custom slack type pickups deliver a warm sound perfect for jazz and blues
- 5-Piece neck through design prevents warping
- Double cutaway body for easier access to the higher frets
- Contoured maple and alder body delivers an enhanced resonance and comfort
- Unique Yamaha BPZ-7 bridge offers a clean tone on each string
- Ebony fingerboard with stunning inlays
- Equipped with active electronics with a special equaliser circuit with the ability to cut off the selected mid frequency for added precision and control
- Body Material: Maple/Alder
- Bridge: Yamaha BPZ-7 (No Piezo)
- Finish: White
Neck & Fingerboard:
- Construction Neck Through
- Neck Material: Maple/Premium Grade Mahogany 5 Piece
- Fingerboard: Ebony
- Radius: 19 11/16" (500mm)
- Scale Length 34'' (863.6mm)
- Frets: 24
Electronics & Hardware
- Pickups: Alnico V Stack Type x 2
- Hardware: Gold
- Controls: Master Volume, Pickup Balancer, 3-Band EQ, Mid Cut Frequency, Mid Cut On-Off Switch
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.