Yamaha THR5A Acoustic Guitar Amp
Yamaha THR5A Acoustic Guitar AmpDetails
The THR5A is part of the Yamaha THR series designed to provide what many guitarists have been missing, a compact amp that provides great amp tone and usable features wholly designed to work in an off-stage environment. With the sounds of classic tube condenser and dynamic mics this amp provides recording-studio tone direct from your guitar wherever you are.
Product Ref: 29967View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Comments from customers who bought this item:
The THR series are not just smaller amps. They truly take into account what guitarists are looking for in an off-stage amp and have been designed from the bottom up with this in mind. Yamaha believe that the stage is not the only place where guitarists should expect perfect tone. Every time you play, you want to sound your best and the THR range makes this happen.
The Perfect Third Guitar Amp
Most guitarists have perfected their stage rig and many have that small set-up prepared for rehearsals and small gigs but what about every other time you play? The best guitarists spend hours off-stage practising and why should you have to sacrifice your tone? The THR series aren't just practice amps though. They are the perfect amp for everywhere else you play that's not on stage whether that be at home, with friends or even outside.
Yes, the THR5A is small and compact but that's far from the end of the story. Yamaha considered all the features guitarists were looking for in an off-stage amp and built them all into this nifty THR. High quality stereo playback is amongst these features. The analogue aux and USB connection can be used to listen to audio directly through the amp making play along sessions much easier. Developed with Yamaha's AV division the amp offers true hi-fi stereo sound. The Extended Stereo Technology creates incredible audio depth. The THR5A also has a two-way power supply which operates on AC (PSU supplied) or battery power lasting up to six hours so wherever you want to play the THR5A can go with you!
Coming bundled with Steinberg's Cubase AI professional music production application you have access to a wealth of recording and editing options. The amp works as a simple recording interface sending two stereo pairs or recording back to a computer. The clean guitar sound is sent separately from any effects which is how many modern pro studios record and makes the editing process much easier. The free THR Editor, available for download from Yamaha's website, also offers deep editing of amp and effect parameters using a computer. Other user-friendly touches include five user memory slots, tap tempo and chromatic tuner. Also look out for the Yamaha THR Session iPhone app which has a host of useful functions helping you learn songs faster and easier.
Yamaha THR Guitar Amp Sound
From the preamp to the speaker enclosure every single element of this THR amp has been designed to deliver the specific sound you need. Yamaha's Virtual Circuitry Modeling (VCM) technology means you can have the best of both worlds, less volume with cranked amp tone. The VCM doesn't just produce one sound, it models every single part of a larger amp that interact with each other to produce true tone. Turn up the master on this THR5A and it doesn't just get louder, the characteristics all change. Add to this, modelled stompbox effects and impressive reverb and delays using technology based on Yamaha's industry standard audio mixers and you have an amp that produces tone so rich you'll never want to stop!
The gold THR5A is one of the new range of amps added to the THR series designed for those guitarists who want to join the THR concept but already know and understand their specific sound. The THR5A is dialled with a specific tonal direction which focuses on the subtleties and dynamics that can be worlds apart in an experienced player's eyes.
The VCM technology precisely reproduces even the finest, almost imperceptible points of acoustic guitar sound. The THR5A's quality finish will strike a chord with those who appreciate the rich, acoustic tone captured in recording studios. Producing an impressive tone approaching that of large stage amplifiers, even at low volume, the THR5A perfectly recreates the unmistakable response and dynamics created by classic tube condenser and dynamic mics combined with studio-grade effects.
- Condenser - Electro-acoustic optimized input with mic simulations for natural, clear tone.
- Dynamic - The dynamic microphone setting gives the acoustic guitar a tight tonal core.
- Tube - Electric-acoustic optimized input with mic simulations for natural, clear tone.
- Nylon - Perfect for use with an acoustic electric classical or nylon string guitar.
- EG Cln - Classic American clean tube amp - low gain preamp, 6L6 power section and 12-inch speaker with clear, late breakup.
The THR5A's classic retro style means the amp looks good in any home setting whilst the virtual tube illumination with simulated orange tube glow from the metal speaker grille adds a nice touch. With style and substance this is an amp you'll never want to be without. Prepare to spend a lot more time playing your guitar!
- Amp Types: CONDENSER*, DYNAMIC*, TUBE*, NYLON*, EG CLN (*Mic simulation)
- Hall Reverb
- Spring Reverb
- Noise Gate* (*only available in the THR Editor)
- Mic Type
- Tap/Tuner Switch
- Input (Standard Mono Phone)
- Phones (Standard Stereo Phone)
- Aux In (Stereo Mini)
- AC Adapter
- USB Cable
- Stereo Mini Cable
- Owner's Manual
- Cubase AI download code
- Chromatic Tuner: Yes
- Speakers: 8cm Full Range x 2
- Rated Output: 10W (5W + 5W)
- Power Source: AC Adaptor EADP-38EB A or UIB345-1530 (Included)
- Battery: AA alkaline batteries (approx. 6 hours) or Nickel-hydride batteries (approx. 7 hours) * Depending upon usage and conditions
- Dimensions: Width 271mm, Height 167mm, Depth 120mm
- Weight: 2.0kg
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.