Zoom A3 Acoustic Multi-Effects Pedal
Zoom A3 Acoustic Multi-Effects PedalDetails
Designed specifically for use with acoustic guitars, the Zoom A3 allows guitarists to authentically re-model their instrument's sound.
Product Ref: 33163View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Comments from customers who bought this item:
The use of acoustic pickup systems is gaining popularity, whilst they mostly eliminate the need for microphones and offer more resistance to feedback they often fail to obtain the true sound of an acoustic guitar. More often than not, different guitars end up sounding dull and much like one another, where in reality acoustic guitars have their own unique tone. The Zoom A3 allows you to capture the truest sound of your instrument.
By selecting the body and model type of the guitar being played, players can share the true sound of an acoustic guitar with live audiences. Presets for 16 body types and 28 models simulate the sonic characteristics of various acoustic guitars with different body shapes and constructed of different materials.
16 Body Types
The A3 allows you to choose from 16 guitar body types to re-create the signatures sounds of differing body shapes. From the Dreadnought body setting, which generates a large tone full of rich low frequencies, to the Orchestra body setting, featuring an outstanding response and tonal balance, the A3 has the ability to remodel the sonic qualities of a wide range of unique body types.
The A3 also has the ability to recreate the distinct sound components of 28 of the world's most famous acoustic guitars. The A3 even accounts for the subtlest of differences between these models. The pedal accurately recreates the tonal differences between guitars with the same body shape, but different bracing or wood from which they are made.
High Quality Acoustic Pickup (for both Pickups & Mics)
The A3's pre-amp, specifically designed for acoustic guitars, can be used with piezoelectric, magnetic and passive pickups. In addition, the pedal's XLR-1/4-inch combination Mic input, which can provide phantom power, allows you to connect a microphone and mix its signal with that of your pickup via dedicated knobs to dial-in your sound. The A3's pre-amp section also features a 3-band EQ for adjusting your guitar tone according to your performance environment, a BALANCE knob to set the ratio of the original sound (DRY) and the sound after adding effects (WET), as well as a super-low noise design.
40 Acoustic Effects
With a focus on spatial effects, including chorus, delay and reverb, the A3 offers over 40 acoustic guitar effects that can enhance the sound of your instrument. Other effects include compressors that suppress input peaks and even out sound levels, air effects that simulate the feeling of space from room tone, detuning effects that create the sound of a 12-string guitars and much more. You can use up to two effects simultaneously and order them as you like.
Anti Feedback Function
If you experience feedback from your acoustic guitar during a performance, just engage the A3's ANTI FEEDBACK footswitch. While keeping changes to your tone to a minimum, the ANTI FEEDBACK function will quickly and effectively detect the frequency that is causing the feedback and apply a steep filter to that frequency band. Later, if feedback occurs due to another frequency, just hit the footswitch again, as the ANTI FEEDBACK function can handle up to three problematic frequency ranges at once.
Features and Specifications
- Effect Types: 40
- Model Types: 28
- Simultaneous Effects: 2 effects + 1 model
- Patch Memory: 20
- Sampling Frequency: 44.1kHz
- A/D Conversion: 24bit, 128times over-sampling
- D/A Conversion: 24bit, 128times over-sampling
- Signal Processsing: 32bit floating point and 32bit fixed point
- Frequency Response: 40Hz to 20kHz (+1dB / -3dB) (10kΩ load)
- Display: LCD
- Pickup In:
- 1/4'' phone jack
- Rated input level: -20dBm
- Input impedance: 1MΩ
- Mic In:
- XLR-1/4'' phone jack
- Rated input level: -20dBm
- Input impedance: 1kΩ
- Pickup In:
- 1/4'' phone jack
- Maximum output level: +5dBm?Output load impedance 10kΩ or higher)
- 1/4'' stereo phone jack (LINE / PHONES)
- Maximum output level:
- Line: +5dBm (Output load impedance: 10kΩ or higher)
- Phones: 5.7mW + 5.7mW into 32Ω load
- Balanced Out:
- XLR jack
- Output impedance: 100Ω(HOT-GND, COLD-GND), 200Ω(HOT-COLD)
- GND LIFT(Switch selectable)
- S/N: 120dB
- Noise Floor: -100dBm
- AC adapter: DC9V / Center negative / 500mA (ZOOM AD-16)
- Batteries: AA/LR6 battery x 4
- Battery Life: 8 hours (with alkaline batteries)
- Dimensions: 160.3 (D) x 108 (W) x 54.9 (H) mm
- USB: Firmware Update
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.