View Full Description
Precision Plus Musicality
Inheriting all the precision of the NS-10M studio monitor, the NXN500s are modern monitors that boast musical expressiveness that exceeds their class. Providing the true feeling of the music with smooth and immediate vocals, a sense of the melody, a solid backbone to the sound and high density audio data. The NXN500 monitors are Yamaha's answer to the demand for powered speakers capable of handling high-resolution sound.
Discreet Analog Amplifier and Bi-Amp Drive
The power amplifier component, critical to the NXN500 powered speakers utilises a discreet configuration analog amplifier. This bi-amp system that features a 45W woofer and a 25W tweeter. By directly driving each unit individually, the NXN500s produce powerful and expansive sound while maintaining the feeling of high S/N ratio.
Balanced Transmission and Balanced Connection
In principle, balanced transmission cancels the external noise that becomes mixed with the signal during transmission. With the NXN500, all digital audio input signals undergo balance conversion in the L-channel speaker before being transmitted to the R-channel speaker, then a XLR cable is used to connect both speakers. This process thoroughly eliminates noise, ensuring the quality of the audio isn't degraded and remains distortion free.
High Resolution Reproduction
With a 2-way, 2-speaker configuration, the NXN500 utilises a 1'' dome tweeter capable of handling 40kHz high bandwidth playback in order to reproduce the rich audio information unique to high resolution sound sources. By additionally incorporating a thick waveguide, these monitors achieve smooth and accurate high frequency reproduction. The woofer employs the same New Advanced PDM diaphragm used in the high-grade Soavo model, giving the NXN500s the ability to deliver expressive power in the low frequencies and comfortably relaxed high frequencies that feel free of peaks.
High Performance ESS 32-bit D/A Converter
The NXN500 is equipped with a ES9010K2M D/A from ESS Technology, providing the ability of processing 32-bit audio with high precision and compatibility to handle large amounts of audio data with full PCM 348kHz, DSD 5.6MHz native reproduction. This results in the NXN500s delivering powerful low frequency responses with crisp, well defined highs.
MusicCast makes it easy to bring music to every room in your house - It simply connects to your existing wi-fi network and provides you with the ability to wirelessly stream audio to any room in your house. Any MusicCast system can be easily extended to meet your needs, with a wide range of products available including AV receivers, hi-fi systems and wireless speakers. For example; Start with a MusicCast capable AV receiver in your main entertainment room, then add in a MusicCast sound projector for the ultimate home theatre experience and add MusicCast wireless speakers or hi-fi components into other rooms, link them all together wirelessly and experience sound like never before.
MusicCast allows you to stream music directly from your smartphone or tablet via Bluetooth® or AirPlay®, as well as giving you the ability to play/pause and adjust the volume all from within the simple and intuitive MusicCast app. The MusicCast app also gives you the ability to select what music plays in each room, link and combine music from one room to another, have different music playing in each room, or join them together have the same music playing all around your house.
- MusicCast expands entertainment possibilities
- Wireless music streaming via Bluetooth and AirPlay
- High-grade USB DAC that supports DSD 5.6MHz native resolution and PCM 348kHz/32-bit for high-resolution reproduction
- Exceptionally high performance ESS 32-bit D/A converter
- Discreet configuration analog amplifier and bi-amp drive produce music with lively dynamism
- Balanced transmission and balanced connection to thoroughly eliminate sound quality degradation due to noise
- 1'' dome tweeter for high resolution playback and A-PMD 5'' cone
- Ridgid enclosure specially designed to suppress unwanted resonance
- Indicator displays the speaker's operating status and playback sound source
- Remote control makes performing basic operations simple and convenient
- 192kHz/24-bit optical digital input for connecting to a TV
- System Type: Bi-Amp 2-Way Powered Speakers
- Woofers: 5'' Cone (13cm)
- Tweeter: 1'' Dome (2.5cm)
- Frequency Response: 54 Hz - 40 kHz
- Crossover Frequencies: 2 kHz
- Analog Audio Input: 1
- Digital Audio Input: 1 Optical
- USB: 1 (Type B)
- Network Connections:
- Wi-Fi: Yes
- DLNA: Version 1.5
- AirPlay: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes
- Ethernet: Yes
- Power Consumption: 45 W + 45 W
- Standby Power Consumption: 0.2 W (L-Channel Only)
- Dimensions: 170mm x 285mm x 222mm
- Weight: 12.2kg / 26.9lbs
- Right Speaker: 5.9kg / 13lbs
- Left Speaker: 6.3kg / 13.9lbs
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
This item usually qualifies for free standard delivery. Saturday and timed delivery services are also available as cost options when you add the item to your shopping basket.
If you also purchase items that do not
qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your
order which will be shown in your shopping basket.