Teenage Engineering OD-11 Cloud Hi-Fi Speaker
Teenage Engineering OD-11 Cloud Hi-Fi SpeakerDetails
Product Ref: 32695View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
The new OD-11 is a carefully re-engineered version of the legendary ortho directional loud-speaker by stig carlsson from 1974. Now with a built-in computer, 100 watt amplifier and the latest wifi technology. It's upgraded to play all your music, from any device, in wireless stereo. The unmistakeably warm and relaxed carlsson sound has returned. Re-created from original technical drawings, the 2014 version of OD-11 has the same dimensions, 10 liter volume, white cabinet with black grille, as when it was launched in 1974. When it comes to the sound, the ortho directional speaker principle is more relevant than ever, delivering the same great sound as it did 40 years ago. the genuine carlsson sound.
Thanks to its built-in technology and wifi capabilities, OD-11 works out of the box with airplay on mac, iphone, ipad and apple tv. And on windows too, with itunes installed. When playing music from spotify on a mobile device, a digital token is sent to OD-11 telling it to handle the streaming so you can turn your mobile device off and enjoy the music.
The Stig Carlson Story
In all its simplicity, carlsson's quote reveals the secret to why his speakers came to revolutionize the world of hifi. Stig carlsson's competitors designed their speakers to generate great audio output in a completely muted and echo-free anechoic chamber. In such a room, a flat frequency response curve could be achieved - the proof of a pure and direct sound. There's just one small problem with this approach: nobody actually lives in an anechoic chamber.
If you put a conventional speaker in a regular home, you will get a completely different result than you would in an anechoic chamber. Instead of a beautiful and flat frequency response curve, what you end up with looks more like a downhill slope. the sound is distorted by the many reflections, and by the fact that the sound waves keep crashing into each other, causing them to reach the ear at slightly different intervals. The brain interprets all this in the only way it can: as poor quality of sound.
Ortho (Sold Separately)
Ortho remote is the wireless remote control designed for OD-11. With Ortho remote you adjust the volume, skip track and pause your music from any room, at up to 20 meters distance. Ortho remote has a magnetic back so you can stick it to any magnetic metal surface like a fridge. The non-slip bottom makes it rest steady on any surface. Experience real 1-click music.
The OD-11 works best placed close to a wall, pointed towards the centre of the room. Welcome to a great cloud music experience.
"A beautifully minimalistic cuve with guts that are equal parts retro and modern. It combines uncompromising hardware design with a sense of simplicity and fun - and it sounds absolutely fantastic". - Nathan Ingraham, The Verge. Winner of Best Audio at CES 2013.
Features and Specifications
- Speaker Principle: Ortho Directional, Flow Optimised Bass, Reflex Duct
- Frequency Range: 28 - 24,000 Hz
- Materials: High Density Board, Reinforced PA 66, Wire Steel Mesh
- Design Features: Single Multi-Configurable Design for Left/Right or Auto Placement. Left and Right Power Cord Canal
- Tweeter: High Efficiency, Ferrofluid Cooled Neoodymium Cone Tweeter
- Woofer: Long Throw Pulp Cone Woofer with Magnetic Short Circuiting Ring
- Amplifier: Ultra High Efficiency Design
- Wireless: Beam Forming WiFi Technology, Bluetooth 4 Low Energy
- Inputs: 3.5mm Stereo In, Optical In
- Interface: Plus/Minus Button, Function Button, RGB LED, Left/Auto/Right Selector Switch
- General Power Requirements: AC 110-240V 50-60Hz, Universal Power Supply
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 262 x 272 x 262mm
- Volume: 10 Litres
- Weight: 7.5kg
- Colour: White and Black
- Accessories: Ortho Remote, Wall Bracket (Available Seperately)
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 3 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 60 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 3 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.