Built In Wi-Fi
The Yamaha RX-V577 features built in Wi-Fi that enables you to connect to your home router and enable you to use network audio and music streaming services. A router is not mandatory thanks to the RX-V577's Wireless Direct feature that allows you to play music directly from your smartphone or tablet via AV Controller App's Music Play feature, iOS's AirPlay and more.
High-Definition Video Support
The Yamaha RX-V577 will support HDMI 2.0 and 4K Ultra HD 50 Hz/60 Hz signal pass-through to output motion-smooth high definition videos.
This AV receiver's HDMI input/output supports 4K Ultra HD image pass-through. This receiver is capable of passing the 4K Ultra HD data from the source to the monitor, for image clarity far beyond present standards.
Yamaha's RX-V577 supports AirPlay, which allows you to stream music from a variety of Apple products, such as the iPod Touch, iPhone, iPad and also any Mac or PC that features iTunes.
You can also stream songs by using Spotify Connect. The RX-V577 provides perfect, uninterrupted audio thanks to its ability to seamlessly connect to Spotify, for example when you've been listening on your smartphone outside and come inside, the song immediately streams to your AV Receiver. On top of this you can receive phone calls and edit playlists whilst listening to your music. HTC Connect also lets you stream music to your AV receiver wirelessly from an HTC phone.
On the front panel of the RX-V577 is a USB port that allows you to connect Smartphones, iPods and tablets, this also charges your devices. This way of playing music is transmitted directly into the AV Receiver which means there is no signal loss or interference thus providing fantastic, high quality sound. The supplied remote also allows you to operate your devices music playback functions.
Total Purity Concept
The Total Purity Concept encompasses high drive amp technology, high purity pre-amplification, anti-vibration technology and independent pure power supplies. Down to every detail, these AV receivers are designed with full emphasis on the highest possible sound quality. YPAO-R.S.C. analyses room acoustics and measures various speaker characteristics, then calibrates audio parameters to achieve optimum sound at any of eight listening positions. YPAO Volume applies loudness EQ correction to automatically adjust high and low frequency levels as volume changes. Using the YPAO measurement results, EQ correction is optimised to your system settings and listening environment.
The Yamaha RX-V577 features a high resoloution display with clear and simple menus that include a selectable status bar that shows input source, volume level, DSP mode and audio format.
Pressing a SCENE button powers on the AV Receiver and selects the input source and DSP mode. You can re-set the buttons for different sources by selecting a source and DSP mode, then pressing a SCENE button for more than three seconds.
Original DSP Technology
This AV receiver is equipped with a variety of sound programs that use DSP technology. Use the AV Controller app to adjust DSP parameters to your preference to match the type of music/movie/mood.
Virtual CINEMA DSP
Virtual CINEMA DSP uses 2 front speakers to produce virtual 5-channel surround sound that is filled with realism. The Virtual CINEMA FRONT feature lets you place two surround speakers and a centre speaker at the front to enjoy virtual 5-channel surround sound with even higher quality and resolution, as well as superior rear virtual sound localisation. Adding two additional front presence speakers provides a three-dimensional sound field that gives you a feeling of its height and depth and of the vertical movement of the sound. You get more flexibility to arrange your speakers inside the room, along with easy enjoyment of high quality surround sound.
CINEMA DSP 3D provides a wide, high and dense sound field. HD Audio format decoding lets you enjoy HD Audio sources. Virtual Presence Speaker delivers 3-dimensional sound without actual use of presence speakers.
The RX-V577 uses exclusive low-range enhancement technology that helps to deliver deep and rich bass yet manages to maintain good localisation and sound balance even with compact front speakers. When a subwoofer is used, it improves the volume of the entire low range of the speaker system, not only the front speakers, but also enhancing the bass from the subwoofer. You'll enjoy video and music with sound that has exceptional power and presence.
The Subwoofer Trim control enhances the low frequencies by avoiding overlap with the front speaker output. This allows for a cleaner, more focused sound stage while providing a seamless frequency response. Subwoofer Trim separates the low subwoofer frequencies cleanly, thus stabilising the front stage while providing a well-balanced enhanced bass sound.
AV Controller App
The RX-V577 allows use of the Yamaha AV Controller app and enables you to control power and volume, select input and DSP modes and operate other functions from an iPhone or Android devices. Use in 23 different languages and customise the interface by hiding unused icons and renaming functions. A tablet version is also available.
- 7-channel powerful surround sound
- 115 W per channel (6 ohms, 1 kHz, 0.9 THD, 1 ch driven)
- 80 W per channel (6 ohms, 20Hz-20kHz, 0.09 THD, 2 ch driven)
- 135 W per channel (6 ohms, 1kHz, 10 THD, 1ch driven, JEITA)
- AirPlay, Spotify*, Pandora*, JUKE* music streaming service and AV Controller app
- *Music service availability varies by region.
- FLAC, WAV 192kHz / 24-bit, Apple Lossless 96kHz / 24-bit playback
- Gapless playback compatibility allows play without interruption
- HTC Connect for music streaming from HTC Connect compatible smartphones
- HDMI (6 in / 1 out) with 4K Ultra HD pass-through for super high resolution images
- Front panel USB Digital Connection for iPod and iPhone
- YPAO sound optimisation for automatic speaker setup
- Extra Bass enriches powerful bass sound even with small speakers
- Virtual CINEMA FRONT provides virtual surround sound with 5 speakers in front
- Assignable amplifiers for bi-amp connection and Speaker Zone B Function
- Two subwoofer outputs (simultaneous outputs)
- Multi language colour OSD for improved visibility (English, German, French, Spanish, Russian, Italian, Japanese and Chinese)
- ECO mode operation for about 20 less power consumption
- Channel: 7.2
- Rated Output Power (1kHz, 1ch driven): 115 W (8ohms, 0.9 THD)
- Rated Output Power (20Hz-20kHz, 2ch driven): 80 W (8ohms, 0.09 THD)
- Dynamic Power per Channel (8/6/4/2 ohms): - / 120 / 140 / 170 W
Surround Sound Processing
- CINEMA DSP: Yes (3D)
- DSP Programs: 17
- Virtual Presence Speaker: Yes
- SILENT CINEMA: Yes
- Virtual CINEMA FRONT: Yes
- Dolby TrueHD: Yes
- Dolby Digital Plus: Yes
- Dolby Pro Logic IIx: Yes
- DTS-HD Master Audio: Yes
- Compressed Music Enhancer: Yes
- YPAO sound optimization: Yes
- Adaptive DRC (Dynamic Range Control): Yes
- Initial Volume & Maximum Volume Setting: Yes
- Audio Delay: Yes (0-500 ms)
- 192kHz/24-bit DACs for all channels: Yes (Burr-Brown)
- 4K Ultra HD pass-through: Yes
- HDMI 3D pass-through: Yes
- HDMI Audio Return Channel: Yes
- Deep Color/x.v.Color/24Hz Refresh Rate /Auto Lip-Sync: Yes
- HDMI Input/Output: 6 / 1
- HDMI CEC: Yes
- USB Input: iPod / iPhone, USB Memory, Portable Audio Player
- Front AV Input: USB / Mini Jack
- Network Port: Yes
- Digital Audio Input/Output: Optical: 1 / 0
- Digital Audio Input/Output: Coaxial: 2 / 0
- Analog Audio Input/Output : 4 (front 1) / 1
- Component Video Input/Output: 2 / 1
- Composite Video Input/Output: 4 / 2
- Headphone Output: 1
- Preout: SW
- DC Out: Yes
- AirPlay: Yes
- Wi-Fi: Yes (with Wireless Direct)
- On-screen display: Yes
- SCENE: SCENE (4 sets)
- Remote Control Unit: Yes
- App Control: Yes (iPhone / iPad / Android phone / tablet)
- Standby Power Consumption (IR only): Auto Power Standby: Yes
- ECO mode: Yes
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 17-1/8" x 6-3/8" x 12-3/8" (with antenna: 17-1/8" x 8-3/4" x 12-7/8")
- Weight: 8.1 Kg