Akai MPD218 Pad Controller
Akai MPD218 Pad ControllerDetails
Product Ref: 60853View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Comments from customers who bought this item:
Thick Backlit MPC Pads
The Akai MPD218 Pad Controller is a compact and streamlined production unit featuring 16 thick backlit MPC pads for that authentic vintage MPC feel. The backlit pads help in low light environments, perfect for live and studio performances. The thick and robust pads give you optimal control over your samples, allowing you to trigger everything from drum hits, loops, vocal shots and FX, the MPD218 Pad Controller gives you everything you need to create complex productions and performances. The pads are configured in 3 banks, giving you a total of 48 assignable pads, allowing you to switch between banks for complex live sets as well as allowing you to arrange your samples. In addition to the backlit pads, there are 18 assignable 360-degree potentiometers accessible via 3 banks, allowing you to control automation, volume, pitch and a range of other parameters. The MPD218 also features Note Repeat and Full Level functions, perfect for creating stutters and changes in dynamic when it comes to performing live.
The Akai MPD218 production unit features an integrated plug-and-play USB interface, compatible with both Mac and PC, allowing you to get started and setup within minutes. The built-in USB connection is also used to power the MPD218, eliminating the need for external power supplies (which can also be used in live situations). In addition to the improved functionality, Akai have also added iOS compatibility using the Camera Connection Kit (sold separately), allowing you to connect and use your MPD218 with a range of iOS devices. The MPD218 comes complete with over £300 worth of software, allowing you to get started straight out of the box. The bundled software includes: Akai Pro MPC Essentials, Big Bang Drums, Bang Cinematic Percussion from Sonivox, Ableton Live Lite, and Software Preset Editor. This versatile range of software provides you with high-quality samples and the means to produce, record and arrange your MPC218 performances with ease.
The world's most influential manufacturer of music production gear, Akai Professional develops creative technologies to empower music makers with tools that are unmatched in expressive capability. Akai Professional is best known for creating the legendary MPC, an instrument that has inspired generations of producers and performers and spawned entirely new genres of music.
- 16 Thick Fat backlit MPC Pads with Velocity and Aftertouch
- 48 assignable pads accessible via 3 banks
- 18 assignable 360-degree potentiometers accessible via 3 banks
- MPC Note Repeat and Full Level
- iOS compatible using theCamera Connection Kit (sold separately)
- 16 configurable presets
- Includes Ableton Live Lite
- USB powered, no AC adapter required
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.