Akai MPX8 SD Sample Pad Controller
Akai MPX8 SD Sample Pad ControllerDetails
Product Ref: 33208View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Comments from customers who bought this item:
One of Akai Professional's most innovative pad instruments yet, the MPX8 uses a standard SD card where users can load virtually any sample on to the MPX8 and then assign it to any of the unit's eight backlit velocity and pressure-sensitive pads. Provided with a large library of samples built-in, the MPX8 is great for both live performances and in-studio production.
A bright blue backlit display and intuitive interface make it easy to operate the MPX8 even on dimly-lit stages, and the headphone outs, two balanced outs, five-pin MIDI and USB MIDI inputs and outputs make the groundbreaking SD sample launcher even more versatile.
With a drag-and-drop sample converter for Mac or PC onboard, sample conversion couldn't be easier. Users can save sample sets together as kits for easy recall and even tune and add reverb to samples.
Reviews"Few items of music technology, new or old, can rival the MPX8's ease of use."
Sound On Sound"In a world where we try to have one device do everything (iPhone I'm looking at you), it's refreshing that Akai have created the MPX8 with specialist sample player and MIDI controller functionality."
G.W Childs - Askaudiomag.com
- Compact and portable DJ sampler
- 8 x Velocity-sensitive and pressure-sensitive pads
- Add mono or stereo samples via standard SD card (sold separately)
- USB MIDI plus standard MIDI inputs and outputs
- Also controls computer MIDI software and outboard MIDI gear
- Built-in library of popular sounds and samples
- Tune, add reverb, and save sample sets for easy recall
- 2 x Balanced 1/4-inch outputs (6.35mm)
- 1/8-inch headphone output (3.5mm)
- Drag-and-drop sample kit editor for Mac and PC included
- Includes additional free Akai Pro loop library download
- Internal Sound Engine: Sample Playback
- Pads: 8 x Velocity Sensitive
- Sounds: 21 Internal (Virtually Unlimited via SD Card)
- Sounds Accessible (Via Pads): 8
- Polyphony: 8-Voice
- Panning: 9-Position (User Programmable)
- Effects: Reverb
- Sample Tuning: Yes
- Audio Outputs: 2 x 1/4" TRS (Balanced), 1 x 1/8" Headphone (3.5mm)
- MIDI I/O: MIDI (Over USB), 5-Pin DIN (via 1/8")
- Additional Media Storage: SD
- Power Input: 5V DC / 1000mA (USB)
- Height: 1.3"
- Width: 11.6"
- Depth: 4"
- Weight: 0.45 Kg
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.