View Full Description
Packed with mixable waveforms and a new sub oscillator design, the MicroBrute is a landmark new synth. Features include the famous Steiner-Parker multimode filter, superfast envelope, syncable LFO and a new step sequencer. There's even a patchable mod matrix!
There are no presets and no menus, nothing to get between you and your ability to sculpt your sound live. Be completely original every time you create and perform, with astounding sound quality.
The Voice path on the MicroBrute is 100 analog. Not digitally-controlled analog, not digital oscillators with a wave shaper, but true, honest analog. The MicroBrute has the same sort of rich, warm sound found in its award-winning big brother. The MicroBrute has a sound that will never go out of fashion or become stale, just like the many true analog classics that have stood the test of time.
The MicroBrute oscillator generates multiple wave shapes at one time. The wave mixer allows you to blend these different waveforms in varying levels to create a variety of sounds that's unending. The MicroBrute oscillator doesn't hold back on sonic capabilities and allows you the freedom to create your own sound. Arturia have included special wave shapers on every waveform to boldly expand the sonic range further.
Overtone is the newly-designed Sub oscillator and it's much more than a typical sub. Overtone goes further by having a harmonic control which increases the upper overtones until the pitch finally reaches a full 5th above the root oscillator.
Arturia chose the winning combination of the Steiner-Parker filter for the MicroBrute. Known for having its own distinctive sound and a huge range of tonal options, the Steiner-Parker is a staple filter of the modular synth world. There are three modes - Low pass, Band pass and High pass. Combining this filter with the amazing oscillator will give you a lifetime of sound-sculpting options.
The Brute Factor makes the MicroBrute one of the most aggressive-sounding analog synths around. The controllable circuit can give you a saturated and enhanced low end sound at low levels, and wreak havoc on soundsystems everywhere at high levels.
Change the default mod routings and create your own patches for a whole new arena of sound possibilties. This opens up the MicroBrute to being much more than just a compact synth. The MicroBrute works well as an expander and can become a controller for modular synths.
The LFO allows for even more modulation possibilities and the envelope was tailored to offer a range of 'times' that are best suited to a mono synth.
MicroBrute's built-in step sequencer allows you to make quick and creative patterns. It has 8 sequences that can be up to 64 steps each, and you won't lose them when the power has been turned off. There are a number of trigger modes and playback modes.
"I really love the sound of the original, and it's got that character and can be even wilder. You can get all kinds of crazy and musical interactions going on with other analog gear and drum machines. Combine the two together and you're rocking." - Adrian Utley (Portishead)
- MicroBrute Synthesizer
- User Manual
- Preset Sheets
- Power Supply
- 2 mini jack patch chords
- Monophonic synthesizer
- 100 analog audio signal path
- Steiner-Parker 2 pole Multimode Filter (Low Pass, Band Pass, High Pass)
- Analog voltage controlled oscillator
- Oscillator Mixer (Overtone, Sawtooth, Square, Triangle, audio in (on rear panel)
- 'Overtone' sub oscillator / 5th generator
- Signal Enhancers:
- Pulse Width Modulation
- Ultrasaw generating fat sawtooth waveforms
- Metalizer bringing extreme harmonics
- Brute Factor delivering saturation and rich harmonics
- LFO with 3 waveforms (Sine, Sawtooth, Square)
- LFO clock syncable to Arpeggiator (Arpeg, or free)
- ADSR Envelope Generator
- Keyboard Tracking on the VCF Cutoff
- 25 note minikey keyboard
- Mod Wheel (assignable to Cutoff, or LFO amount)
- Pitch Wheel (with selectable bend range via software)
- Octave selector from -2 to +2 octaves
- External Analog Audio Input
- CV In jacks: Pitch, Filter, sub-harmonics, pulse width, metalizer, saw animator
- CV Out jacks: pitch, envelope, LFO
- MIDI Inwith 5 pin DIN connector
- USB MIDI In/Out
- 1/4" Audio Output and 1/8" Headphone Output
- Full Function step sequencer:
- 8 memories
- up to 64 steps per memory
- tap tempo
- rate control
- step divisions (via software)
- trigger modes (via software)
- MIDI sync
- Steel bottom panel
- 12V DV 1A power supply
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
This item usually qualifies for free standard delivery. Saturday and timed delivery services are also available as cost options when you add the item to your shopping basket.
If you also purchase items that do not
qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your
order which will be shown in your shopping basket.