View Full Description
What is a MIDI Controller?
A MIDI controller let you take command of any hardware device or software that understands MIDI (Musical Instrument Digital Interface). So, MIDI addressable effects processors (such as delays, reverbs, etc.) and audio recording and editing software can be controlled with a single piece of hardware like this. This can be very handy indeed when you have lots of devices spread.
22 Assignable Controllers
The UMX490 has a range of controls: 8 knobs, 10 assignable switches, 2 wheels (Pitch Bend & Modulation), 1 pedal port and 1 fader, giving you total control of your operating environment. You can store your assigned parameters in your user preset.
This keyboard's custom-designed key-bed gives responsiveness and playability that has been praised by some of the industry?s top product reviewers and players alike.
Included UCA222 USB Audio Interface
Furthermore, Behringer have included their UCA222 USB Audio Interface to access your PC or Mac computer?s audio capability. Use this to connect sound modules directly to any free computer USB port and listen to either the input or output signal via headphones or through active studio monitors. The UCA222 also has an additional S/PDIF optical output for direct digital conversion and is completely powered via USB, so no external power supply is needed. With its dual analog mono inputs, any line-level device, such as a mixer or tape deck, can be connected hassle-free to your computer.
So what variety of things can you do with the UMX490?:
- Play external sound modules, rack synthesizers and virtual instruments
- Edit sound parameters of synthesizers, sound samplers and GM/GS/XG sound generators
- Control parameters on outboard equipment and software plug-ins, such as effects processors, compressors and digital equalizers
- Remotely control software mixers (functions for volume, pan, mute, etc.)
- Live control of volume and sound parameters of sound modules on stage
- Explore and get creative with 100+ instruments and FX plug-ins
Over 100 Virtual Instruments and Over 50 Effects Plug-Ins
Get creative with a virtual e-piano or amazing synthesizer sounds. You can tweak your sounds with creative tube amps and multi-FX, plus high-end studio reverbs, equalizers, compressors, choruses and many more.
Included Native Instruments' KORE PLAYER
With the Native Instruments? KORE PLAYER you get a production ready 300MB sound library. It includes six Native Instruments sound engines and provides ready-to-play sounds that can be browsed and tweaked via its ultra-intuitive interface.
Power Supply Options
The UMX490 can be powererd from any free USB port on your PC or Mac computer, 3 AA batteries or the optional external power supply.
- Velocity-sensitive USB/MIDI keyboard featuring 49 high-quality full-size keys and fantastic programming versatility, real-time control and playability
- USB/Audio interface included for recording and playback of any digital music file. Works with your PC or Mac computer
- Free audio recording, editing and podcasting software plus 150 instrument/effect plug-ins and ultra-low latency driver downloadable
- Plug and play with Mac OS X and Windows XP or higher operating systems
- 8 real-time rotary controls plus 10 assignable switches
- Freely assign MIDI control changes to the modulation wheel, volume fader and pedal port for ultimate flexibility
- Full 128 tone range via the octave shift function with multi-purpose LED status indication
- Separate MIDI Out allows controlling external samplers, synths and other equipment
- Runs via USB, batteries or power adapter (not included)
- High-quality components and exceptionally rugged construction ensure long life
- Type: 5-pin DIN plug
- Control Elements:
- 1 control wheel with centre reset
- 1 conrtol wheel without centre reset
- 8 rotary knobs
- 1 fader
- Buttons: 12 buttons
- Keyboard: 49 Keys; velocity-sensitive
- Foot Pedal: 1/4" Mono Jack with automatic polarity recognition
- Battery: 3 x 1.5 (Type "AA")
- Power Connector:
- 2 mm DC jack, negative center 9 V, 100 mA DC, regulated
- UK/Australia: 230 V~, 50Hz
- Europe: 230 V~, 50 Hz
- Power Consumption: max. 0.9W
- Dimensions (Approx.): 215 x 97 x 990 mm
- Weight: (Approx.): 8 19/87 lbs (3.90 kg)
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 3 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 60 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 3 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
This item usually qualifies for free standard delivery. Saturday and timed delivery services are also available as cost options when you add the item to your shopping basket.
If you also purchase items that do not
qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your
order which will be shown in your shopping basket.