View Full Description
Powerful, Versatile and Compact
Based around the legendary Roland Jupiter 8 Synthesizer the JP-08 packs in a huge variety of powerful and versatile features found on the Jupiter 8 synth but now in a compact and portable size perfect for creating unbelievable synth tracks anywhere! With a diameter of under 12 inches across the JP-08 still retains the huge sound and advanced control of the Jupiter 8 synth but with a more affordable price tag and travel friendly scale.
Advanced Control Parameters
Incorporating an extremely expressive sound engine used to power the versatile synth tones the JP-08 also features advanced control parameters, including 36 of the original control parameters accessible from the front panel to allow hands on control and detailed tonal shaping for achieving your dream synth tone on the go. With rotary controls, faders, touch strips, switches and buttons the JP-08 is capable of achieving world class synth sounds straight out the box.
Additional Sound Shaping Options
Not only did Roland ensure the Boutique JP-08 could deliver the huge sound of the renowned Jupiter 8 synth but they also added a range of new features such as several new waveforms including TRI and Noise for the LFO and SIN for VCO-1. Additionally both VCOs include an expanded range for even greater sound shaping options.
16 Step Sequencer
The built-in 16 step sequencer lets you try out an array of ideas on the go without the need of a keyboard. Furthermore the ribbon controller allows you to preview the sound making programming patches quick, simple and effortless.
A favourite feature of the legendary Jupiter 8 synthesizer was the ability to create huge pads, splits and layers using the 8 voice polyphony. Just like the Jupiter 8, the JP-08 includes a chain mode which allows you to connect two models using the MIDI in/out ports to create one powerful 8-voice synthesizer.
High Quality USB Audio Interface
If you want to record directly into your chosen digital audio workstation the Roland JP-08 can also be used as a high quality audio interface via the USB connection. With a resolution of 24 bit / 44.1 kHz you can seamless record into your DAW. You can also store your patches and sequencer patterns with the USB data backup function meaning you will never lose your killer sounds again.
If you prefer to work with a keyboard unit in your synth then Roland has the answer. Designed to work seamlessly and effectively with the new K-25m keyboard you can connect your JP-08 and start creating. With multiple docking positions and 25 velocity sensitive keys the K-25m keyboard (sold separately) is the perfect companion to the JP-08 compact synth.
An Interview with the Legendary Developers
Tojo: ''Our starting point was that we wanted to create a full-fledged synth in a compact form factor; something that might look like a gadget at first glance, but was capable of producing amazing sounds. We wanted to create a synth that people could casually enjoy, came with a built-in speaker, and could also run on batteries. Since we had the ACB (Analog Circuit Behavior) modelling technology that was developed for AIRA and a mini keyboard that was first incorporated in the JD-Xi, we thought that we could make something interesting by combining these two.
The full interview with the legendary developers can be read here
, as well as a behind-the-scenes interview too.
- Ultra-compact recreation of the iconic Jupiter-8 synthesizer
- Retains the feel, sound, character and user interface of the original
- 36 of the original synth parameters controllable from the front panel
- Adds several additions not found on the original Jupiter-8, including extra waveforms, expanded VCO range
- Chain mode allows two JP-08 to function as one 8-voice module
- Highly portable for mobile music making
- High-quality construction with metal front panel
- Dual ribbon controllers for pitch bend, modulation, and sound preview
- Battery (4 x AA) or USB powered
- 24 bit / 44.1 kHz stereo IN/OUT USB audio interface
- Built-in 0.5W mini-speaker for instant enjoyment
- Compatible with K-25m keyboard unit (sold separately)
- Synth Type: Digital
- Inputs: 1 x 3.5mm Jack, MIDI In
- Outputs: 1 x 3.5mm Jack, 1 x 3.5mm Headphones, MIDI Out
- Additional Connections: 1 x USB, 1 x ILock
- Speaker: 1 x 0.5 Watt Mini Speaker
- Audio Interface Resolution: 24 Bit / 44.1 kHz
- Touch Sensitive Strips: 2
- Sliders: 21 (LED Indicators)
- Rotary Knobs: 7
- Switches: 8
- Buttons: 19
- Power: USB Bus Powered or 4 x AA Batteries (Sold Separately)
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
This item usually qualifies for free standard delivery. Saturday and timed delivery services are also available as cost options when you add the item to your shopping basket.
If you also purchase items that do not
qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your
order which will be shown in your shopping basket.