View Full Description
Compact, Attractive Piano
The Roland RP401R brings professional performance at an attractive price for younger families or piano teachers. The compact design means this space saving piano will fit into smaller rooms with an integrated music stand and retractable lid to cover the keyboard when not in use. The choice of Simulated Rosewood or Contemporary Black finishes mean you can choose the look that best suits your home.
True Piano Tone
Roland's SuperNATUAL Piano technology gives you a truly authentic piano playing experience and inspires students to practice and learn. The new PHA-4 Standard Keyboard has an Ivory Feel texture and includes the latest sensing technology to enable players to make the most of this piano's vast tonal range. The RP401R also has three integrated pedals like an acoustic grand, including a Progressive Damper Action pedal that offers continuous response for developing traditional playing techniques.
Rhythm Development and Ensemble Skills
The Roland RP401R's onboard rhythm function means you can play and practice music along with a full backing band! The easy to use rhythms automatically follow the chords you play and the choice of 72 styles means you'll always find something to suit. Plus the generous selection of interesting sounds such as organ, guitar, brass and synths provide countless possibilities for expression and composition.
Enhanced Digital Features
As with all digital pianos the Roland RP401R is always in tune and doesn't require the expensive maintenance of an acoustic instrument. The volume is easily adjusted or limited to suit the time or place and silent practice is possible using headphones. The RP401R's Headphone 3D Ambience feature greatly enriches the headphone sound. Other useful features include a built in metronome, recorder, USB connectivity and a Twin Piano mode.
Free Piano Apps Motivate Students
Roland's free piano apps add tons of extra capability to an already impressive piano. The Air Performer app lets students play along with their favourite tracks on an iPhone, iPad or iPod touch through the RP401R's speakers. Slow down songs if you're just starting out to make things easier or adjust the key so you can sing along.
Piano Partner for iPad works with the RP401R to help students improve their skills. It includes DigiScore Lite which displays the onboard songs as sheet music on your iPad. It also includes Flash Card, an interactive music program that kids will love, plus an intuitive graphical interface for selecting tones, songs, and rhythms in the RP401R. Flash Card develops listening and reading skills in a fun way by challenging the student to identify notes shown on the iPad?s display and sounded from the piano, with awards given after five challenges.
- Roland's acclaimed piano technologies in an attractive and affordable instrument for any home
- Enjoy the rich, authentic tone of a real acoustic grand with SuperNATURAL Piano
- New PHA-4 Standard Keyboard features high-resolution sensing that maximizes the vast tonal potential of the SuperNATURAL Piano sound engine
- Progressive Damper Action pedal with continuous response for half-pedaling and other traditional acoustic piano techniques
- Sophisticated onboard rhythm feature with intelligent accompaniment; 72 different rhythm styles, including 6 pianist styles
- Explore a world of instruments beyond the acoustic piano with 305 additional tones that include electric pianos, strings, organs, guitars, brass, synthesizers, and many others
- Large onboard song library covers piano classics as well as popular études such as Czerny 100 and Hanon
- Display music scores and select RP401R tones, songs, and rhythms with the free Piano Partner app for iPad
- Play along with favourite songs in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch using the free Air Performer app
- Headphones 3D Ambience effect provides a multi-dimensional sound experience while using headphones for private practice
- Connect USB memory to play along with WAV/SMF songs and save performances you've captured with the onboard recorder
- USB Computer port for using the RP401R with music software on a Mac or Windows computer
- Convenient features for daily playing, including a Volume Limit function and independent volume adjustment for headphones
- Space-saving cabinet with your choice of Contemporary Black or Simulated Rosewood finishes
- Width: 1378mm
- Height: 834mm
- Depth: 423mm
- Weight: 40kg
- Keyboard: 88 Keys with Escapement and Ivory Feel
- Touch Sensitivity: 5 Types, Fixed Touch
- Keyboard Modes: Whole, Dual, Split, Twin
- Pedals: Damper, Soft, Sostenuto
- Piano Sound: SuperNATURAL Sound
- MIDI Format: GM2, GS, XGlite
- Maximum Polyphony: 128 Voices
- Tones: 11 Grand Piano, 305 Other
- Stretched Tuning: 2 Types
- Master Tuning: 415.3 - 466.2 Hz (Adjustable in Increments of 0.1 Hz)
- Transpose: -6 - +5 (Semitones)
- Parts: 1
- Save Song: Standard MIDI Files
- Note Storage: 30,000 (Approx)
- Resolution: 120 Ticks Per Quarter Note
- Playback: Audio File (WAV 44.1 kHz, 16-bit Linear Format)
- Internal Song Saving Memory: Standard MIDI Files
- Songs: 10 Maximum
- External Storage: USB Flash Memory
- External Song Saving Memory: Standard MIDI Files
- Power Supply: AC Adaptor
- Power Consumption: 9W
- Colour: Rosewood
- Connectors: DC In Jack, Stereo Miniature Input Jack, Stereo Miniature Output Jack, USB Computer Type B Port, USB Memory Type A Port, Stereo Miniature Phone Jack, Stereo ¼’’ Phone Jack
- Included: Owner’s Manual, Assembly Manual, Damper Manual, Power Cord, AC Adaptor, Headphone Hook, Music Rest, Screw Set
When you add this product to your shopping basket, you will be provided with our standard courier delivery option free of charge, which is a 'to your door' service. You may need to help the delivery driver as this product comes packaged in large boxes!
This option may not be suitable if you are unable to help the driver if required, or if you need the piano delivering upstairs but you don't have anyone else available to help. Please consider whether this is the most appropriate delivery service for you, as other delivery options are also available for an additional cost.
2 Man Delivery Service
If you select this option, two delivery personnel will deliver the piano boxes to any ground floor room of your choice, rather than just your front door. Please note that this service will take a few days longer than the standard courier service and the courier company will call you to arrange a convenient delivery date after you have placed the order.
If you would like more information, please call us on 0843 155 0800.
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
This item usually qualifies for free standard delivery. Saturday and timed delivery services are also available as cost options when you add the item to your shopping basket.
If you also purchase items that do not
qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your
order which will be shown in your shopping basket.