Dave Smith Instruments Prophet 08 PE Desktop Synthesizer Module
Dave Smith Instruments Prophet 08 PE Desktop Synthesizer ModuleDetails
Product Ref: 14927View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Legendary Sound Reproduction
The Prophet '08 can reproduce the familiar sounds of its legendary predecessors, but also boasts modern features like a greatly expanded modulation matrix and additional modulation sources, including three envelopes and four LFOs per voice. The broad array of knobs allows for direct, real-time editing and performance with control right at your fingertips.
Integrated 16 x 4 Step Sequencer
Features on the Prophet '08 include a gated 16 x 4 step sequencer, arpeggiator, split or stacked key modes with separate stereo outputs per layer, and rack ears for optional rack mounting. When rack mounted the input and output jacks are on top of the module. They are recessed about 1", and using cables with angled MIDI and audio plugs will avoid interfering with the rack space above.
- Full-featured polysynth with a 100% analog signal path
- Classic, real analog sound—including legendary Curtis analog low-pass filters—married to a modern feature set
- Small footprint, huge sound
- Tons of knobs for direct, real-time editing and performance
- Used as an expander, increases polyphony of another Prophet ’08 to 16 voices
- 2 digitally controlled analog oscillators (DCOs) per voice with selectable sawtooth, triangle, saw/triangle mix, and pulse waves (with pulse-width modulation)
- Glide (portamento): separate rates per oscillator
- White noise generator
- Analog VCAs
- Hard sync
- Filters: 1 analog Curtis low-pass filter per voice, selectable 2- and 4-pole operation (self-resonating in 4-pole mode)
- Envelopes: 3 envelope generators: filter, VCA, and assignable (four-stage ADSR + delay); Envelope 3 can loop
- Sequencer: 16 x 4 gated step sequencer
- LFOs: 4 LFO’s with key sync per LFO
- Modulation: 4 x 2 modulation matrix with 20 mod sources and 43 mod destinations
- Programmable arpeggiator with up, down, up+down, random, assign modes
- Re-latching arpeggiation
- Controls: 52 knobs and 22 buttons enable deep and comprehensive editing with little to no menu diving
- Memory: 256 fully editable Programs (2 banks of 128) with 2 Layers (2 separate sounds) in each Program
- MIDI In, Out, Thru, and Poly Chain
- Main stereo audio output: 1/4″ unbalanced
- Output B stereo audio output: 1/4″ unbalanced
- Sustain pedal input: accepts normally on or normally off momentary footswitch
- Pedal/CV input: responds to expression pedals or control voltages ranging from 0 to 5 VDC (protected against higher or negative voltages)
- Headphone output: 1/4″ stereo phone jack
- Power: Includes power supply for 110V – 240V AC operation (13-15 VDC, 600 mA) and operation manual
- Phsical Specs:
- Oiled walnut wood end panels
- Dimensions: 3.25″ H X 18.5″ L x 7″ W (8.25 cm x 47 cm x 17.8 cm)
- Weight: 8.5 lbs. (3.86 kg)
- Rack mounted: 4U
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.