Dave Smith Instruments Tempest Analog Drum Machine
Dave Smith Instruments Tempest Analog Drum MachineDetails
The Dave Smith Instruments Tempest drum machine generates sounds using six powerful analogue synthesis voices, and offers an extraordinary level of control for creating, editing, arranging and manipulating beats in real time without stopping. The ninety panel controls and bright OLED display make it easy to use but the unit remains compact and easily portable.
Product Ref: 33617View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
The best of Analog and Digital
The Tempest's six analogue voices each have two analogue oscillators plus two digital oscillators (with a large bank of included samples), the classic Curtis analogue low-pass filter with audio-rate modulation, an additional high-pass filter, analogue VCA with feedback, five envelopes, two LFOs, an extraordinary variety of analogue modulation routings and stunning sonic quality, warmth and punch. It excels at tuned sounds as well as drum sounds and can double as a six-voice analogue keyboard synth.
Pressure and Velocity Sensitive Pads
The Tempest has sixteen pressure- and velocity-sensitive pads arranged in a 2 x 8 configuration. This gives intuitive access with all your fingers, and is an ideal compromise between the 4 x 4 pad arrangement typical of real-time programming and the 1 x 16 of step programming. The Tempest does both, as the pads can be used to play thirty-two drum sounds (two banks), mute/unmute the sounds on playback, play and arrange sixteen beats in real time, play one sound at sixteen tunings (in a variety of scales) or sixteen velocities, or as sixteen time steps for step programming. Drum rolls and repeated groove patterns can be created with the ROLL button, by varying pad pressure as the beat records, and it doubles as a momentary "stutter" effect when the pads are assigned to play beats.
Note FX Slide Control
There are two pressure- and position-sensitive Note FX slide controllers to allow real-time recording of note or beat-wide sound parameter changes into the drumbeat as you play. You can record simultaneous filter frequency, tuning, envelope decay and pan changes for each note. With the Playback key you can use the slider to override these parameters on playback, and record it back into the beat. They can also be used in performance to alter beat-wide sound parameters like low-pass frequency or resonance, high-pass frequency, and envelope attack or decay.
The Tempest has six stereo direct voice outputs, plus stereo mix outputs and phones outputs, two inputs for foot switches or expression pedals, MIDI in/out and USB.
- Two analogue oscillators per voice capable of producing sawtooth, triangle, saw/triangle, and variable pulse width square waves, with hard sync
- Two digital oscillators per voice loaded with over 450 drum samples and waveforms
- One sub-octave generator per voice (one octave below oscillator 1)
- One classic Curtis low-pass filter per voice (switchable 2- or 4-pole) with audio rate modulation, self-oscillating in 4-pole mode
- One High-Pass filter per voice
- Analogue VCAs with programmable feedback level
- Five envelope generators per voice (ADSR plus hold)
- 2 LFOs per voice
- 8 x 8 modulation matrix
- Hardware MIDI delay per voice
- Glide (portamento): separate rates per oscillator
- 16 pressure and velocity sensitive lit pads
- Two pressure and position sensitive touch sliders
- 650 Sound Program locations
- Analogue compressor and distortion (available on Main audio outputs)
- Sophisticated realtime sequencer
- Roger Linn Designed Swing modes
- Stunning OLED 256 x 64 display
- USB type B receptacle
- MIDI In, Out
- Main audio outputs: 1/4" phone jack (unbalanced)
- 6 individual voice audio outputs: 1/4" stereo phone jack (unbalanced)
- Two pedal/control voltage (3.3 VDC max.) input (1/4" TRS phone jack)
- Headphone output: 1/4" TRS stereo phone jack
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.