Korg Electribe EMX2-BL Music Production Station
Korg Electribe EMX2-BL Music Production StationDetails
Product Ref: 77587View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Comments from customers who bought this item:
System Version 2
Along with a new colour scheme, the Electribe has an ungraded system that adds support for a pattern chain function and undo function, a great asset for live performances. Along with a system update, Korg has provided over 200 new patterns for a variety of musical styles.
The unit has 16 pads placed on the front of the unit which let you create patterns intuitively whilst hearing and seeing the sounds. Use the pads as a keyboard to record phrases in realtime and perform step recording by entering the pitch and rhythmic value one note at a time. The patterns you create can be used in alternate forms as you perform by taking advantage of the "step jump" feature inherited from the volca series, or by changing the "last step" to vary the length of each part. There's also a "motion sequence" function that lets you record knob and button operations and use them in the pattern that you create. Either drums or synths can now be assigned to each of the 16 pads. For example you could create complex rhythms by assigning drums to all of the 16 parts.
The "touch scale" function lets anyone perform without wrong notes, just by moving a finger across the touch pad. The trigger pads make it easy for anyone to create phrases intuitively and can also be used for drum input. Settings allow you to switch velocity on/off.
The Electribe's 200 preset patterns cover House and Techno as well as dance music genres such as Trap and EDM. Another major evolution is support for polyphonic playback, which is indispensable for musical styles that involve complex chord progressions such as House music.
Hybrid Synth Engine
For the electribe, KORG designed a synth engine that gives you the maximum sound-creating freedom and the fastest sound production. The 409 oscillator waveforms include analog modeling and PCM. The analog modeling synth engine provides basic waveforms to complex combinations such as dual, unison, sync, ring modulation, and cross modulation. The PCM sound engine provides rhythm sounds, but also covers multisamples for keyboard (collaborations with Sample Magic, Loopmasters, Prime Loops are included).
The filters at the heart of the sound-shaping capabilities are inherited directly from the KingKORG, and they use algorithms that simulate standard synthesizers so you can get "the sound" used in famous songs.
Modulation is easy - simply select a template that specifies an effect and its target and then adjust the speed and depth to suit.
Advanced Use of Samples
The "Time Slice" function detects attacks within the phrase and slices appropriately, allowing you to play the phrase at the desired tempo without significantly affecting the sound. Sounds within a sliced part can also be used separately by assigning them to steps or parts. You can even apply an effect to a sample and then resample it while using the knobs to vary the pitch or modulation.
Effects and Groove
The Korg Electribe Sampler provides effects such as compression and overdrive for each part, giving you uncompromising control over the nuances of individual sounds that differ subtly between genres. The groove function can be specified for each part, letting you apply a groove to your phrase simply by selecting a template.
The master effects of the Korg Electribe Sampler can be controlled from the touch pad, and they include spatial-type effects that shape the overall acoustics plus effects that apply aggressively musical transformations such as the "Vinyl Break" effect inherited from the Kaoss pad series, and the newly developed "Seq Reverse" and "Odd Stepper" that change the playback order of the sequencer. These are extremely effective for live performance. Insert effects can be assigned for individual parts, opening up even more complex sound-design possibilities.
There's also a "pattern set" function which lets you switch patterns by pressing trigger pads, and an "event recording" function that records that performance. In addition to MIDI IN/OUT, "Sync IN/OUT" is also provided, allowing synchronized performances with the volca series, monotribe, or MS-20 mini. The unit can run on six AA batteries.
KORG has collaborated with Ableton to offer a new music production workflow that combines the best hardware and software. The Electribe Sampler can internally save and export patterns in Ableton Live format. Individual patterns and parts are saved as scenes and clips in an Ableton Live Set. Use Live's powerful Session and Arrangement workflows to edit, arrange and refine your ideas, perform or record new parts and mix your song. The KORG electribe sampler includes Live Lite.
- Features the Latest System Version 2 which can also be downloaded from here
- An Evolved Step Sequencer
- Intuitive Beat Making with the Trigger Pads and Touch Pad
- A Synth Engine that Allows the Fastest Sound Production
- Even Deeper Creative Potential: Effects and Groove Templates
- New Functions for Live Performance: Master Effects, Pattern Sets, Sync In/Out
- A New Workflow: Interoperation with Ableton Live
- Over 200 Bonus Presets which can be downloaded here
Sound System & Effects
- Maximum Polyphony: 24 voices
- Number of Parts: 16
- Sampling Frequency: 48 kHz
- Number of Oscillator Types: 409
- Number of Filter Types: 16
- Number of Modulation Types: 72
- Memory Capacity: 250 patterns
- Scale Types: 35
- Gate Arpeggiator Types: 50
- AD/DA Conversion: 24 Bit
- Insert Effects: 38 Types
- Master Effects: 32 Types
Sequencer & Trigger Pads
- Steps: Up to 64 Steps for Each Part
- Patterns: 250 (200 Presets/50 Initial)
- Motion Sequences: Up to 24 can be Stored
- Groove Types: 25
- Pattern Set: Up to 64 can be Stored
- Pattern Chain: Up to 250 can be Stored
- Export: Ableton Live Project File Format/Wav File Format (48 kHz, 16 Bit)
- Event Recording: Save up to 100 Files
- Pads: 16 (Velocity Sensitive is Supported)
Connectors & Storage
- L/Mono Output (Standard Phone Jack)
- R Output (Standard Phone Jack)
- Headphones (Stereo Mini Jack)
- Line Input (Stereo Mini Jack)
- MIDI: In, Out (Use an Included MIDI Adapter Cable)
- USB: Type Micro B
- Sync: In, Out (Stereo Mini Jack)
- External Storage Device: SD Card (More than 1GB), SDHC Card (Up to 32GB)
Power & Body
- Power Supply:AC Adaptor or AA battery x 6
- Battery Life: Approximately 5 hours
- Dimensions: W x D x H, 13.35" (339mm) x 7.44" (189mm) x 1.77" (45mm)
- Weight 1.6 kg / 3.53 lbs
- AC Adaptor (KA-350)
- MIDI Adapter Cable x 2
- Ableton Live 9 Lite (License Card Included)
For full specifications please see the PDF at the top of the page.
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.