Korg PadKontrol MIDI Pad Controller, Limited Edition Black
Korg PadKontrol MIDI Pad Controller, Limited Edition BlackDetails
The all-new padKONTROL joins Korg's expanding line-up of MIDI studio controllers. Adding another dimension beyond traditional keyboard control, the Korg padKONTROL is the most expressive and versatile pad controller ever!
Product Ref: 14343View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Comments from customers who bought this item:
In addition to accessing drum sounds and samples, the padKONTROL can also control soft synths and effects, trigger loops and video clips, and even act as transport controls for DAW software programs. Combining an assignable X-Y touchpad that also provides for natural-sounding flams and rolls, sixteen great-feeling illuminated trigger pads, assignable knobs and a footpedal input, the padKONTROL provides unsurpassed evocative control.
The padKONTROL is ideal for creating natural, organic sounding drumbeats. Each of the sixteen pads can be individually assigned a note number and MIDI channel so you can control a single drumkit or map it to control different devices in your setup at the same time.
Eight different dynamic curves are available for each pad, or you can set each pad to its own fixed level. This allows you to set up certain instruments to feel as you like, and others to always play the perfect velocity, no matter how you strike the pad. You can also set up multiple pads to play the same drum but at different fixed velocities, giving you varied but predictable performance every time.
No matter how you set them up, you ll appreciate the great feel of the pads. They respond well no matter where you strike them, not just in the center like many other systems. So you can freely play the pads with both hands, hit the edges or the center and get responsive, musical results every time!
The X-Y pad adds real-time control of both flam and roll timing and dynamics. Moving from left to right increases the speed of the roll, or the distance between the flammed notes. Moving up increase the volume of the roll, or the second note in the flam.
This is a highly expressive and intuitive way to produce these natural drum techniques. With an optional footswitch, you can even add real kick drum parts, or close a open hi-hat.
Drums are just the beginning. A MIDI message can be assigned to each pad, and they can be set for momentary or toggle operation. In addition to sending a value as the pad is touched, a specific value can be sent as the pad is released, so they can be used like buttons or switches to control any function on your soft synths and DAWs.
Based on Korg s renowned KAOSS technology, the X-Y pad can be assigned to control any two continuous controllers in real-time. You might set the X Axis to control pitch bend on a synth while the Y Axis controls reverb depth. Or set them to control filter cutoff and resonance, or multiple delay parameters for evocative and expressive performance and mixing possibilities.
Two assignable knobs provide continuous control of two other MIDI parameters. You can easily invert the values sent from any of these controllers so you can quickly adjust them to your needs. Even the footswitch input can be set as a momentary or toggle switch for any parameter. Like the X-Y and trigger pads, the pedal also can send a specific release value.
Thankfully, once you have all the controllers set the way you like, you can save the entire set of assignments as a User Scene. Sixteen User Scenes are available in the padKONTROL itself, and they can be quickly selected using the pads. In addition, thirty preset scenes are included, designed to instantly match the padKONTROL to some of the most popular music software programs.
The padKONTROL also comes with free Editor/Librarian software. Using the computer s graphic capabilities, the Editor/Librarian software makes it easy to create, store and organize vast libraries of scenes and scene sets.
- 16 velocity-sensitive Trigger pads with LED illumination
- X-Y pad
Two assignable knobs
Display: 7-segment, 3-digit LED
- Memory: 16 user scene memories / 30 preloaded scene templates
- Connectors: Pedal - MIDI In/Out - USB (type B) - Power supply jack (DC9V)
- Power Supply: DC9V - AC adapter (optional) - USB bus power (when using the USB connector)
- When using USB bus power: approximately 150 mA (maximum 180 mA)
When using an AC adapter: approximately 150 mA (maximum 180 mA)
Dimensions: 12.36" (W) x 9.21" (D) x 2.17" (H) 314 (W) x 234 (D) x 55 (H) mm
- Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition / Professional / x64 Edition / Vista
- Computer: Computer with a USB port, satisfying the operating requirements of Windows XP / Vista (USB chipset made by Intel Corporation is recommended).
Driver software for Windows XP x64 Edition is beta-version.
Note: for Editor Librarian: During the installation process, some Alert Dialogs may appear, as the installer is not fully compatible with Vista. They can be ignored.
- Operating System: Mac OS X 10.2 or later
- Computer: Apple Macintosh computer with a USB port (USB C11), satisfying the operating requirements of Mac OS X, including Intel based Macs.
Note: Editor Librarian and dfh Korg Edition currently run fine under Rosetta.
- USB cable
- CD-ROM containing padKONTROL Editor/Librarian software etc.
- Software license agreement
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.