Korg RK-100S Keytar 37 Note Performance Keyboard, Red
Korg RK-100S Keytar 37 Note Performance Keyboard, RedDetails
Product Ref: 43036View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Comments from customers who bought this item:
Free to Perform
The Korg keytar first appeared in 1984 and gave keyboard players a freedom in performance that many had been craving. Finally they were out from the bag and could challenge the vocalist and guitarist for centre stage! This new version of the Korg RK-100 has a few improvements such as beautiful curved surfaces and a more compact body but the essence remains the same. The new RK-100S no longer requires an external sound module as it contains a built-in analog modeling sound generator. Other new features include two ribbon controllers, an arpeggiator, a vocoder, favourite buttons that allow you to register frequently used sounds for one touch selection. It's overall a much smarter, more active and enjoyable performance instrument.
200 Built in Programs
The RK-100S has a new built in sound engine not present on the old model, meaning you can perform by simply connecting an audio cable. The MMT sound engine provides not only the standard analog synthesizer waveforms such as sawtooth and square, but also additional oscillator algorithms such as format waveforms, noise, and PCM, which power two hundred programs for a broad range of sounds that will cover any musical genre. You can also play these sounds using the arpeggiator.
37 Note Slim and Light Keyboard
The RK-100S has a beautiful, slim and lightweight body. The 37 note keyboard is the same as the one features on the MS-20 mini and allows the overall unit to be more compact. It gives the ideal balance between balance and playability. The body is carefully structured from wood and looks very much like a guitar, making it the ideal shape for performance. The timeless shape and glossy finish will look great on any stage.
Short and Long Ribbon Controllers
As the RK-100S is designed for active playing it features both a short and long ribbon controller. A short ribbon on the neck can be manipulated with the left hand and the long ribbon in front of the keyboard gives you a wide range of possibilities when performing. The long ribbon can be used instead of the keyboard to play a freely specified range of pitched and scales and can also be used to control the pitch or filter in dramatic ways.
The RK-100S has a monaural mini-input jack that can also work with a mic input. You can use a headset mic (sold separately) to enjoy a vocoder performance or connect your audio player and perform along with your favourite music. The RK-100S operates on six AA alkaline batteries or rechargeable nickel-metal hydride AA batteries, so you can easily perform anywhere. When at home use the AC adapter to play for as long as you like whilst saving battery life.
The RK-100S is equipped with a MIDI output jack that can be used to control an external sound module. A USB port is included for connection to a computer meaning you can control a PC sound module or use the PC editor which is downloadable from the Korg website and allows you to edit detailed MIDI settings and parameters if the internal sound engine.
- A keyboard that sets you free to perform
- Wooden body with a beautifully lustrous finish in your choice of three colours
- Two hundred analog-modeled programs are built-in
- 37-note slim keyboard that's lightweight and easy to play
- Two ribbon controllers, one short and one long
- Mic/audio (dual-purpose) input jack, also usable with the vocoder function
- Operates on six AA alkaline batteries
- MIDI output jack lets you perform using an external sound module
- Use the PC editor for detailed sound program editing
- Colour Variations: Red (RK-100S-RD), White (RK-100S-WH), Black (RK-100S-BK)
- Keyboard: 37-keys (Slimkey, velocity sensitive, no after touch)
- Sound Generation System: MMT (Multiple Modeling Technology)
- Number of timbres: Maximum 2 (when using Layer, Split, or Multi)
- Polyphony: Maximum 8 voices (Maximum 4 voices when the vocoder is selected)
- Synth: 2 oscillator + noise generator
- Oscillator 1:
- Waveform: SAW, PULSE, TRIANGLE, SINE, FORMANT, NOISE, PCM/DWGS, AUDIO IN
- Modulation: WAVEFORM, CROSS, UNISON, VPM
- Oscillator 2:
- Waveform: SAW, PULSE, TRIANGLE, SINE
- Modulation: RING, SYNC, RING+SYNC
- Wave shaping: WS type: DRIVE, DECIMATOR, HARDCLIP, OCT SAW, MULTI TRI, MULTI SIN, SUB OSC SAW, SUB OSC SQU, SUB OSC TRI, SUB OSC SIN, LEVEL BOOST
- Multi-mode filters: Filter 1: -24 dB/oct LPF ~ -12 dB/oct LPF ~ HPF ~ BPF ~ Thru Filter 2: LPF, HPF, BPF F
- Vocoder: 16-band vocoder, adjustable level and pan for each band, Formant Shift function, Formant Hold function
- Timbre: 2-band EQ
- Master effects x 2: 17 effect algorithm Master effects
- Arpeggiator: UP, DOWN, ALT1/2, Random, Trigger (6 types), Step Arpeggiator function
- Programs: 200 programs
- Audio Input/Output:
- Input jack(Mono dynamic mic, Line input)
- Intended for a mono dynamic microphone which doesn't require power, this jack can also be used as a line input
- Input select switch
- MIC1: Mic (Non Powered) [Gain Low]
- MIC2: Mic (Non Powered) [Gain High]
- LINE: Line Input (mono L-ch input)
- Connector type: mono mini jack
- Output jack (Headphone, Stereo, Line out)
- Maximum output: 25mW + 25mW @ 33 ohms load
- Connector type:Φ6.3 mm, stereo phone jack
- MIDI: OUT
- USB: Type B
- Display: 7-segment LEDs, 3 digits
- Power Supply: Six AA battery (alkaline or nickel-metal hydride), or Optional AC adapter (DC 9 V)
- Battery Life: Approx. 8 hours (using alkaline batteries)
- Dimensions (W) x (D) x (H): 830 x 262 x 71 mm/32.68 x 10.32 x 2.80 inches
- Weight: 3.4 kg/ 7.50 lbs. (included batteries)
- Soft Case
- AA alkaline Battery x6 (for verifying operation)
- Options: AC adapter
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.