Korg Volca Kick Analog Kick Generator
Korg Volca Kick Analog Kick GeneratorDetails
Product Ref: 78812View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Comments from customers who bought this item:
Analog Kick Drum Generation
The Korg Volca Kick generates a wide range of kick sounds, giving you full control over every nuance of the kick, so you can create the desired sound you are looking for. The kick is generated by the analog circuitry, utilising the sound of the oscillating filter from the original MS-20 for that truly vintage analog sound. The Rev.1 filter of the MS-20 self-oscillates when you increase the resonance to maximum, allowing you create powerful kick drums steeped in complex overtones. Create everything from subtle bass kicks to powerful thumping 909 like kicks, ideal for creating your own sounds and keeping a step ahead of the competition. The Volca Kicks’ compact size makes it perfect for taking with you anywhere you go, ideal for live performances as well as studio sessions. Additionally the unit features battery operation and a built-in speaker, increasing its portability, allowing you to generate kick drums on the fly.
Drive and Tone Controls
To increase the control you have over your sound, Korg have included DRIVE and TONE controls that allows you affect the overtones and basic sound of the kick drum for added power and tonality. The distortion level and type can be made variable by a single knob, allowing you to dial in the amount of power required for your kick drum with ease. The tone control allows you to transform the overall character and tonality of the sound by adjusting the high-frequency range.
The Volca Kick also features a built-in 16-step sequencer for added versatility, giving you freedom to create your patterns and loops for live performances or to utilise within your productions. You can use the sequencer to quickly create kick drum patterns and arrangements on the fly. It also supports realtime recording, giving you freedom to perform kick bass phrases at any time. Additionally, the pattern chain function allows you to connect multiple sequence patterns for successive playback, giving you endless possibilities when it comes to creating your own sequences. The ‘Motion Sequence’ function acts as a sort of hardware-based automation, allowing you to record your rotary knobs movements, letting you add time-varying change to the sound. This is create way to create movement in your sequences and add depth your loops. Once created, you can store up to 16 sequencer patterns and sounds in the internal memory for quick recall later.
Accent, Slide and Bend Reverse
For even more control over your sounds and sequences, Korg have included three new controls. The ‘Accent’ function allows you to program accents per stop for added versatility, creating ‘glitch’ like sequences, bringing a new dynamic to your sound. The ‘Slide’ function smooths out the steps, giving you a ‘sliding’ like sound between each step, creating a connection between kicks. The ‘Bend Reverse’ function can be controlled for each to play the bend backward, reversing the kicks pitch, making it go from low to high instead for a truly unique sound. These innovative function give you even more control over your sound, adding depth and a new dynamic to your sound.
Touch FX Creates Instant Breaks, Fills And More
The new ‘Touch FX’ function strengthens the performance value of the Volca Kick, adding to its musical versatility, adding a new layer to your performances. The Touch FX allows you to trigger a sequencer effect by simply touching a step key, opening up a whole world of possibilities. You can trigger effects such as: Roll, Octave, Pitch, Sustain and more. For example triggering the ‘Roll’ will play the sound repeatedly while you have your finger on the step key, allowing you to create glithces on the fly.
One of the most unique features of the Korg Volca Kick is the ability to connect the Volca Kick to a range of Korg’s other synths and groove machines. You can also connect multiple Volca units including the Volca Kick and experience a session with synchronised sequencer playback. Additionally the MID IN jack lets you use the Volca Kick as a sound module for use with a DAW or MIDI controller.
- A powerful kick synthesizer that even covers kick bass
- Analog kick sounds generated by MS-20 filter oscillation
- Aggressively control the sound using DRIVE and TONE
- Powerful kick bass that rules the beat
- 16-step sequencer allows automation of all parameters
- ACTIVE STEP generates new beats and bass line by removing or inserting steps
- Use ACCENT, SLIDE and BEND REVERSE to power-up your sequences
- TOUCH FX controls realtime sequence effects for instant cuts, breaks and fills
- Playback can be synchronised with another unit
- Compact size, battery powered, built-in speaker
- Keyboard Type: Multi touch keyboard / step key
- Type: Analog synthesis
- Maximum Polyphony: 1 voice
- Structure: VCF (no input MS-20 Rev1 filter as resonator), Pulse Generator, VCA, analogue DRIVE, analogue TONE
- MS-20 Resonator: Pitch/Octave, Bend, Time
- Pulse: Colour, Level
- Amp: Attack, Decay
- Tone: Low Pass Filter, 12 db/oct
- Number Of Parts: 1
- Number Of Steps: 16
- Numbers Of Recording Patterns:16 (each with its own sound program)
- Controls: Pattern Chain, Motion Sequence, Touch FX, Active Step, Accent (On/Off, Depth), Slide, Bend Reverse, Roll (1/4, 1/2, 1/1, 4/3, 2/1, 3/1), Octave (1 Oct Up, 2 Oct Up), Sustain, Swing
- Audio Output: Headphones (3.5mm stereo mini jack)
- Sync: Sync In (3.5mm monaural mini jack, Maximum input level: 20V) / Sync Out (3.5mm monaural mini jack, Output level: 5V)
- MIDI: In
- Power Supply: AA alkaline battery x 6 or AA nickel-metal hydride battery x 6 Or AC adapter (DC 9V) (optional)
- Battery Life: Approximately 10 hours (using alkaline batteries)
- Dimensions (WxDxH): 193 x 115 x 46 mm / 7.60” x 4.53” x 1.81”
- Weight: 377 g / 13.29 oz. (Excluding batteries)
- Included Items: AA alkaline battery x 6 (for verifying operation), Sync Cable
- Accessories: AC adapter (DC 9V)
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.