M-Audio CTRL-49 MIDI Controller
M-Audio CTRL-49 MIDI ControllerDetails
Product Ref: 68018View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Virtual Instrument Player (VIP) Software
The integrated Virtual Instrument Player (VIP) software included with the CTRL-49 gives you optimal control over your VSTi plug-ins from your controller itself. The VIP software works as a go-between for your virtual instrument and your MIDI controller, delivering an innovative all-in-one solution. Using the software you can navigate the search through your plug-in library by using the built-in tagging function, making it quick and easy to find the sound you're searching for. VIP then auto-maps your selected plugin to the CTRL-49's controls. The plugin parameters and modules are displayed on the full-colour display, giving you optimal control over your virtual instruments.
Another great feature of the VIP software is the ability to create multi's directly from your keyboard. Multis are used by producers who want to combined up to 8 different patches from 1 or more plugins. This gives you a whole world of expansive control over your sound, letting you mould, layer, mix and pan all these patches at once to create an immersive yet streamlined user experience. You can even transpose individual patches or implement keyboard splits within your multi for advance control. Once you have created and combined your sounds you can easily recall them at any point with the CTRL-49.
Quality Components And Design
As well as the integrated VIP software the CTRL-49 features a range of premium quality components and design aspects that result in a seamless user experience. The integrated 4.3 inch high-resolution full-colour screen features dedicated interface buttons letting you navigate and control your plugins with ease. The keyboard itself features a 5-key semi-weighted keybed that reacts like an acoustic piano for a natural feel. Also included are 9 faders and 8 buttons with Mackie Control and HUI for seamless control of your selected DAW.
The M-Audio CTRL-49 MIDI Controller also comes complete with a range of virtual instruments and a copy of Ableton Live Lite to utilise the instruments. This bundle of free software allows you to unlock the full potential of the CTRL-49, putting professional-quality instrument sounds at your fingertips. From piano patches to synthesizers and loop stations, the software bundle that completes the CTRL-49 opens up a world of production possibilities. Ableton Live Lite is a customised version of the renowned DAW from Ableton Live. This streamlined version of the infamous software provides you will all the essential features to improve your workflow and create music straight out of the box. With Ableton Live Lite you can record, edit and play music, with a range of tools for arranging, mixing and mastering audio. Ableton Live Lite acts as the master program for the rest of the included software, effectively driving the virtual instruments and utilising them into Abletons interface.In addition to the Ableton DAW, the CTRL-49 comes complete with: Hybrid 3.0 – A unique high-definition virtual synthesizer with a range of parameters and controls to let you create and mould sounds. Loom – an award winning modular additive synthesizer with a unique modular approach to additive synthesis. Transfuser 2 – A dynamic audio/MIDI program that gives you the ability to slice, edit and remix loops into a whole new dynamic. Vacuum Pro – A polyphonic analog synthesizer with vacuum tube circuit modelling, perfect for capturing the warmth from the analog era. Xpand!2 – A multitimbral workstation featuring four active sound slots per patch, ideal for creating unique sound patches. Eighty Eight Ensemble 2 – A faithful recreation of the Steinway 9-foot CD 327 grand piano, delivering a faithful recreation of the original piano. Velvet - A virutal electronic piano featuring five infamous pianos from the 60s and 70s. Creative FX Collection – A collection of AIR Music Technology’s twenty classic AIR FX plugins, now available in AU/VST formats.
- Integrated 4.3-inch high-resolution full-colour screen with dedicated interface buttons
- Screen provides 1:1 real-time feedback of plugin parameters
- Includes Virtual Instrument Player software - load, play and control any VST or effect plugin quickly
- Mackie/HUI for DAW control
- 49-key M-Audio semi-weighted keybed
- 9 faders and 8 buttons with Mackie Control® and HUI® for seamless control of the DAW
- Performance-ready 360-degree encoders
- FX button for future VIP updates
- 4 banks of 8 velocity- and pressure-sensitive drum pads with RGB illumination
- Roll mode, time division, transport, arpeggiator, and tap tempo buttons
- Functions as a standalone MIDI controller or controls your plugins and DAW simultaneously
- Includes software: Ableton Live Lite, AIR Creative Collection FX (20 World Class FX AU/VST plugins as made famous by Pro Tools®), Vacuum Pro, Loom, Hybrid 3, Xpand!2, Velvet, Transfuser, Eighty Eight Ensemble
- Disk Space: 2GB free disk space for basic installation, 20GB free disk space for full content installation
- RAM: 4GB RAM (8GB recommended)
- CPU: Multi-core CPU
- Screen Resolution: 1280 x 768 pixel screen resolution
- Operating System: Mac OS X 10.8 or later, Windows 7 32-Bit, Windows 7 64-Bit, Windows 8 64-Bit, or later
- USB Port: 1 available USB port
- Disk Space: 200 MB Free Disk Space
- Dimensions (WxDxH): 81.4cm x 31.4cm x 10.4cm
- Weight: 13.22 lbs / 6.0kg
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.