Novation Bass Station II Analog Synthesizer
Novation Bass Station II Analog SynthesizerDetails
The Classic Novation Bass Station Analogue Synth reworked for the 21st Century! With two filters, two oscillators plus a third sub-oscillator, patch save and a fully analogue effects section. Add a step sequencer, arpeggiator, full sized keys and a powerful modulation section and you have the makings of a synth that is built for bass, but capable of much more.
Product Ref: 34613View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
The Classic Novation Bass Station Analogue Synth reworked
Novation's Bass Station II is an analogue mono-synth with a talent for bass, but a sound-engine that is versatile enough to kick out sharp leads and crisp arpeggios. It brings the best elements of the original BassStation into a brand new design with re-worked modulation, effects, filters and more; like the BassStation, but much much bigger.
The signal path is pure analogue - including the effects section. The hardware has been laid out in modules with dedicated pots, switches, sliders and buttons for all major parameters. You can store and recall patches on Bass Station II - it comes with 64 killer factory presets, space for 64 of your own sounds on the hardware and you can store even more on your computer.
The Bass Station II has 25 full sized keys that are velocity sensitive with assignable aftertouch. Because it's been developed as a synth-action keyboard, each key is individually sprung so it is light to the touch and highly responsive to the synth engine. The Bass Station II is a fully class compliant MIDI device with MIDI I/O on 5 pin din ports for connecting to other MIDI outboard and your computer over USB.
Bass Station II is built on three analogue oscillators and a noise generator. There are two fully independent oscillators plus a sub oscillator, the critical component in creating rich, analogue bass sounds. Oscillators One and Two are switchable between sine, sawtooth, square and variable pulse width, and Oscillator Three - the sub osc - can be set to one or two octaves below Oscillator One. It can be square, sine or narrow pulse width, delivering the characteristically fat bass tone.
Acid and Classic Filters
You can select between two discrete filters - Acid or Classic - each with a built in overdrive for pushing filter tones from dry, to warm, to nasty! The Classic Bass Station filter can be switched between low pass, high pass and band pass at 12 or 24dB slopes. The Acid filter is based on a diode ladder filter design that delivers a characteristically 303-esque sound that is designed to squelch!
Bass Station II has two effects (not including the filter overdrive). Analogue distortion drives circuit components to add new frequencies to the sound. Bass Station II's Distortion function can add gentle warmth, filthy granularity and anything in between. The second effect is Osc Filter Mod which creates a distinctive FM-type sound by using Oscillator Two to modulate the filter frequency. This is very good at crunchy, sound-mulching effects that substantially fatten up bass and lead patches.
There are two envelope generators and two low frequency oscillators (LFOs). The first envelope is an ADSR amp envelope and the second is a mod envelope that can be used to modulate filter frequency, oscillator pitch and osc pulse width. LFO One is dedicated to pitch modulation whereas LFO Two is used to modulate osc pulse width and filter frequency. Although it looks like there are four LFO waveforms, the LFO Slew function can be used freely to sculpt LFOs into smoother wave-shapes.
Arpeggiator and Step Sequencer
Bass Station II's Arpeggiator and Step Sequencer are killer performance and production tools. The Arp can be directed to run through 32 different rhythmic patterns in different directions with a switchable octave range. You can also engage the Step Sequencer. Up to four sequences can be played in - with legato and rests - and played back using any one of the 32 rhythmic patterns. As well as getting ideas down quickly and programming performance sequences, this is a brilliant way to preview patches while you are editing them.
- Analogue synth: brand new version of the classic BassStation
- Two distinct analogue filters: A brand new Acid filter joins the Classic original BassStation filter
- Bass Station II ships with 64 factory patches and a further 64 user slots. Patch dump enables you to archive and swap sounds
- Pattern-based Step Sequencer and Arpeggiator
- Analogue synth layout includes dedicated controls for all major parameters
- Two Oscillators plus an additional Sub Oscillator
- Analogue effects section: Bass Station II includes fully analogue distortion and filter-modulation effects and a separate filter overdrive to add an aggressive, crunchy sound-quality
- Flexible modulation featuring 2 Envelopes and 2 LFOs
- MIDI I/O and USB connectivity
- Players 'synth-action' keyboard with aftertouch
- Sound Engine: Analog
- Number Of Keys: 25
- Type Of Keys: Synth Action, Aftertouch
- Other Controllers: Pitchbend, Mod Wheel
- Polyphony: Monophonic
- Number Of Presets: 64
- Number Of Effects: 2
- Effects Types: Distortion, Oscillator FM
- Appregiator: Yes
- Audio Inputs: 1 x TRS
- Audio Outputs: 2 x TRS, 1 x Headphones
- USB: 1 x Type B
- MIDI I/O: In/Out/USB
- Pedal Inputs: 1 x Sustain
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 2.5" x 18'' x 10.625''
- Power Supply: AC/USB
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.