Novation Dicer DJ Controller
Novation Dicer DJ ControllerDetails
Product Ref: 17456View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Plug Dicer in, slot it on your turntable/CDJ, and you can instantly set cue points and use them to trigger 'Hot Cues'. Or, flip Dicer into 'Auto-Loop' or 'Loop Roll' modes, to trigger loops, or 'roll' sections of the track to create climaxes, drops and glitchy breaks. Each 'mode' illuminates Dicer's pads a different colour, so you can instantly see what mode the pads in, even in dark clubs and venues.
The forthcoming Scratch Live 2.1 update will automatically map the Dicer to these functions and provide full LED feedback - red for Hot Cues, green for Loop Roll, and amber for Auto-Loop. Dicer can control all cue-point and looping functions in the current version of Serato Scratch Live 2.0. This requires you to simply 'learn' cue-point and looping to Dicer's pads, using Scratch Live's MIDI-learn function.
Dicer's buttons can also 'learn' other software functions. So, you can assign different FX to the pads, or trigger samples over the top of your mix, or even browse tracks in your iTunes library!
Dicer was designed by Novation in collaboration with Ean Golden - DJ and curator of DJ Tech Tools. Ean came up with the concept of a controller that fits on the turntable, and his contribution has been crucial in helping Novation design and develop Dicer.
- Performance buttons with visual feedback: Backlit, multi-colour, soft touch 'dice' buttons, provide immediate LED feedback from Serato Scratch Live software.
- Locks straight onto Technics SL 1200/10, and similar decks: Using the 45-adapter hole, Dicer places looping control right where you need it - on your decks, millimetres away from your vinyl.
- Attaches to CDJs, mixers and laptops: With Novation's reusable "DJ putty", your Dicers can slot into even the most cramped of DJ performance set-ups, sticking cleanly and directly onto your CDJs, mixer or laptop.
- Default set-up for Serato Scratch Live: Dicer is pre-programmed to take advantage of the cue point and looping functions in Serato Scratch Live, including 'Hot Cues', 'Auto Roll' and 'Loop Roll'.
- Works with all major DJ software: Dicer is fully MIDI assignable, so it can be set up to control almost any software, including Tractor Scratch Pro. Up to 60 assignable MIDI controls are available from a pair of Dicers.
- USB bus-powered: Dicer gets all the power it needs from a single USB cable, with no need for an external power supply. A mini Jack cable transmits power and data to the second Dicer.
- Ready-made setup files for other DJ software: Quick setup files for other major DJ software, including Traktor Scratch Pro, are available to download for free from www.novationmusic.com
- A Fully class compliant MIDI device: Dicer is a plug and play device, so no need to install any drivers
Integration with Serato
Full integration with Serato Scratch Live (including LED feedback) requires Serato version 2.1. Without this, Hot Cues, Auto Loop and Loop Roll functions can all be assigned to Dicer using Serato's MIDI learn function.
Product Hardware Specifications
- 5 large round multi-colour back-lit trigger buttons
- 3 small round multi-colour back-lit function buttons
- Micro USB socket
- Mini-Jack connector for connecting Dicers in pairs
- Kensington Security Slot
- Fully USB bus powered
- Width & Depth: 90mm (3.5") length x 90mm (3.5") depth x 13mm (0.5") height
- Weight: 72 g / 0.16 lbs
- Mac OSX 10.10: Yes
- Mac OSX 10.9: Yes
- Mac OSX 10.8: Yes
- Mac OSX 10.7: Yes
- Mac OSX 10.6: Yes
- Mac OSX 10.5 - 10.5.8 or later: Yes
- Mac OSX 10.4: No
- Mac OSX 10.3: No
- Windows 8: Yes
- Windows 7: Yes
- Windows 7 - 64bit: Yes
- Windows Vista: Yes
- Windows Vista - 64 Bit: Yes
- Windows XP: Yes
- Windows XP - 64 Bit: Yes
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.