Roland AIRA TR-8 Rhythm Performer
Roland AIRA TR-8 Rhythm PerformerDetails
Product Ref: 44672View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Comments from customers who bought this item:
Hard to Beat the Heritage
Since the TR-808 and TR-909 machines were first released in the '80s, they've become some of the most influential drum sounds in modern music. Used not just in dance tracks but across genres from Rap, House, Techno and Trance, they have earned their place in music culture.
Elevating that standard with genre-defining sounds and classic effects, triggered by solid, intuitive performance controls, the TR-8 Rhythm Performer presents unprecedented live pattern manipulation, ready to make its mark on the next 30 years.
Faithful, Familiar Sound
The Roland technicians have obsessively recreated every detail and nuance of the analog circuitry of their legendary rhythm machines. The AIRA TR-8 contains the boom and snap of the 808, the thud of the 909 and the robotic click of an 808 rim shot or a classic 909 snare roll. It's all here, fully reproduced based on the original design specification sheets, using newly-developed Analog Circuit Behaviour technology.
It's not just the familiar sounds that are there. Evolved for today's players, the Roland TR-8 features Tune and Decay knobs, with dedicated Attack and Comp knobs for the Bass and Snare drum modules, providing you with a greater variety of tone whether you want subtle, ambient percussion to pounding dance grooves.
There are 16 kits and 11 instrument types and the ability to mix sources connected to the external inputs. Two assignable analog outputs and full parallel outputs via USB provide total mixing flexibility.
While the new, unique Scatter function and per-step effects take the TR-8 into uncharted territory, the tweaking capabilities breathe new life into the sounds you know and love, inspired by an army of users.
Feel the Beat
Intuitive and creative pattern creation is at your fingertips, using the evolved version of the TR-REC method which originated in the TR-808 and became the standard for electronic rhythm programming. The TR-8 goes well beyond the original, seamlessly switch between programming and performance modes and introduce groovy rhythmic variations, from subtle snare fills to total glitch meltdowns.
Features / Specifications
Drum Sound Module
- User Drum Kits: 16
- User Patterns: 16
- Steps per 1 measure: 1-16 steps x 2 (Variation A/B)
- Tempo: 40 - 300
Instruments and Controls
- Bass Drum: Level, Tune, Attack, Comp, Decay, Inst Select
- Snare Drum: Level, Tune, Snappy, Comp, Decay, Inst Select
- Low Tom, Mid Tom, High Tom, Rim Shot, Hand Clap, Closed HiHat, Open HiHat, Crash Cymbal, Ride Cymbal: Level, Tune, Decay, Inst Select
Effects and Controls
- Accent: Level, Step
- Reverb: Level, Time, Gate, Step
- Delay: Level, Time, Feedback, Step
- External In: Level, Side Chain, Step
- TR-Rec, Pattern Select, Inst Play, Inst Rec, Drum Kit Sel, Drum Inst Sel
- Volume Knob
- Scatter Knob
- Tempo Knob
- Fine Knob
- Shuffle Knob
- Pads: 16
- Mode Buttons: 6
- Clear Button
- Variation Buttons: A, B
- Scale Button
- Last Step Button
- Start/Stop Button
- Scatter On Button
- Scatter Depth Button
- Tap Button
- Power Switch (Rear)
- 7 segments, 4 characters (LED)
- Reverb, Delay, Side Chain
- Presets: 10
Nominal Input Level
- -10 dBu
- 100 k ohms
Nominal Output Level
- -10/+4 dBu (Selectable)
- Mix Out, Assignable Out: 1 k hm
- Phones: 130 ohms
- Phones Jack: 1/4 inch stereo phone type
- Mix out (L/Mono, R) Jacks: 1/4 inch phone type
- Assignable Out (A,B) Jacks: 1/4 inch phone type
- External Out (A, B) Jacks: 1/4 inch phone type
- USB Port: USB type B (Audio, MIDI)
- DC In Jack
- AC Adaptor
- 1000 mA
- Width: 400 mm
- Depth: 260 mm
- Height: 65 mm
- Weight: 1.9 kg
- Owner's Manual
- Safety Leaflet
- AC Adaptor
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.