Players can enjoy their performances on the PHA II Ivory Feel keyboard (with escapement) which provides a natural texture and tactile feel.
The 3 pedals, damper, soft and sostenuto, have a traditional design to make playing easier and enhance the acoustic piano-like appearance of the HP305. This digital piano also comes with a metronome, a 3-track recorder function and can playback a variety of songs so you have all you need to support your progress.
Play back your favourite built-in songs with accompaniment, commercially available music files and music CDs to make your practice even more enjoyable.
For more information on the Roland HP-Series of Digital Pianos, please download the brochure PDF from the link below.
SuperNATURAL Piano sound engine
The HP305 is equipped with Roland's SuperNATURAL Piano sound engine, which brings together V-Piano technology and 88-key stereo multisampling technology. This SuperNATURAL sound engine is the product of Roland's research of the characteristics of acoustic pianos, and faithfully reproduces the rich tone and expression of a concert grand. The HP305 is has a maximum polyphony of 128 which is more than enough for even the most complex pieces.
Expression in every single key
Each of the 88 notes on a grand piano has its own character due to the fact that the strings are different sizes and lengths, use different materials and are struck by hammers of different sizes. These differences create variations in the tone colour and resonance of each note. For the HP305 Digital Piano, Roland sampled all 88 notes of a variety of world-class pianos and used their unique digital technology to faithfully reproduce the full, rich tone and expressivity of the world's finest pianos.
Expressivity according to the player's touch
Pianos produce differences not only in volume, but also subtle variations in tone colour, depending on how forcefully the key is struck. Using Roland's latest technology, the SuperNATURAL piano sound engine delivers natural and seamless changes in tone colour in response to the player's touch. Its expanded dynamic range supports the most advanced and subtle techniques, just as one would expect in an acoustic grand piano.
Expressivity of decaying sounds
The natural decay of notes and beautiful lingering tones are important elements of a piano's sound. The decaying sound of an acoustic piano not only decreases in volume, but also gradually changes in colour to a softer tone. The SuperNATURAL piano sound engine replicates this natural decay, just as in an acoustic grand.
PHA II Ivory Feel Keyboard with Escapement
For the most authentic acoustic grand piano feel, the HP305 is equipped with the new PHA II keyboard with Escapement. This amazing keyboard technology offers the same natural response as a grand piano, with a heavier touch in the lower range and lighter touch in the upper, and with lighter resistance on pianissimo passages and stronger resistance on fortissimo just like a well-maintained acoustic grand. It even faithfully reproduces the escapement "click feel" of a grand-piano action. The keyboard also features Roland's acclaimed Ivory Feel - a comfortable and realistic moisture-absorbent material that prevents slipping from perspiration during performance.
This HP305 is housed in a luxurious wood cabinet with traditional rosewood finish. The HP305 offers Classic Position key lids that can be positioned to conceal the control panel, as well as elegant and solid front legs, classically shaped triple pedals and a convenient music score holder on music stopper.
Two Pianos in One!
For side-by-side practice or performance, you can divide the keyboard into left and right zones with Twin Piano mode, which allows two people to play the same range of pitches. It's like having two independent pianos spread across one keyboard. You can choose to have the two zones blended or separated (Individual mode) so sound of the right-hand keyboard zone is heard only from the right speaker and the sound of the left-hand zone is heard only in the left speaker. Similarly, with headphones, you can blend the zones in both headphones or separate them with the two headphone outputs.
Extra Enjoyment with Play-Along Backing Tracks
The HP305 is packed with a library of play-along songs, from classical to jazz. You can also play songs in a variety of formats, including commercially available SMF music files or audio files stored on a USB flash memory. With built-in songs and SMF music files, you can designate which parts to play back. Play an orchestra backing part and play the piano part on top of it with your right hand to create a powerful ensemble performance. Since you can alter the key and tempo independently, you can slow down the playback of songs you are learning, or change the key of the song depending on the vocal range. The possibilities are endless. You can also use the Centre Cancel function to minimise the melody part on an audio CD, and play along with one hand.
For further features and specifications about the Roland HP305, please download the PDF from the link below
- Keyboard: 88 keys (PHA II ivory feel Keyboard with Escapement)
- Touch Sensitivity: Touch: 5 levels/Fixed Touch
- Keyboard Mode: Whole, Dual (volume balance adjustable), Split (split point adjustable), Twin piano
- Piano Sound: SuperNATURAL Piano Sound
- Max. Polyphony: 128 voices
- Tones: 337 tones (including 8 drum sets, 1 SFX set)
- Temperament: 8 types, selectable temperament Key
- Master Tuning: 415.3 to 466.2 Hz (adjustable in increments of 0.1 Hz)
- Transpose: Transpose: -6 to +5 (in semitones), Playback Transpose (with Audio CD/Audio File): -6 to +5 (in semitones)
- Effects: Reverb (Off, 1 to 10), Rotary Speaker Effect (only for organ tones, Slow/Fast)
- Only for Piano Tones: Damper Resonance (Off, 1 to 10), String Resonance (Off, 1 to 10), Key Off Resonance (Off, 1 to 10)
- Tracks: 3 tracks
- Songs: Recorder section: 1 song, Internal Memory: Max. 99 songs
- Note Storage: Approx. 30,000 notes
- Control: Song Select, Play/Stop, Rec, Rewinding, Fast-forwarding, Track Mute, Mute Volume, Tempo, Tempo Mute, All Songs Play, Count-in, Song Volume, Centre Cancel (only for audio playback)
- Tempo: Quarter note = 10 to 500, Audio Playback Speed: 75?125%
- Metronome: Beat: 2/2, 0/4, 2/4, 3/4, 4/4, 5/4, 6/4, 7/4, 3/8, 6/8, 9/8, 12/8, Volume: 0 to 10 levels
- Internal Songs: 72 songs
- Volume Level: 107 dB
- Speakers: 12 cm x 2, 5 cm x 2
- Display: 7 segments, 3 characters, LED
- Control: Volume
- Pedal: Damper (capable of continuous detection), Soft (capable of continuous detection, function assignable), Sostenuto (function assignable)
- Connectors: AC inlet, Input jacks (L/Mono, R), Output jacks (L/Mono, R), USB connector, MIDI connectors (In, Out), Phones jack (Stereo) x 2, External Memory connector
- Power Consumption: 85 W
- Accessories: Owner?s Manual, Power Cord, Music book, Headphone Hook
- Width: 1,387 mm
- Depth: 421 mm
- Height: 1,039 mm
- Weight: 57.5 kg
When you add this product to your shopping basket, you will be provided with several delivery options. As digital pianos can be quite heavy and delivered in large boxes, please select the most appropriate delivery service for you.
This option is free for this product, and is a 'to your door' service. You may need to help the delivery driver as this product comes packaged in large boxes!
There are several options to select, including AM and Saturday services. This option may not be suitable if you are unable to help the driver if required, or if you need the piano delivering upstairs but you don't have anyone else available to help.
2 Man Delivery Service
If you select this option, two delivery personnel will deliver the piano boxes to any room you wish, including flats with stairs or more awkward places! You will not need to help them. Please note that this service will take a few days longer than the standard courier service, and you will be called to arrange a convenient delivery date after you have placed the order.
If you would like more information, please call us on 0843 155 0800.