Roland JD-XA 4 Voice Analog Polysynth
Roland JD-XA 4 Voice Analog PolysynthDetails
The Roland JD-XA Synth is a unique digital and analog polysynth which combines the best of both to create a 4 voice hybrid synth with incredible power and versatility. Featuring 41 velocity sensitive keys the JD-XA provides the perfect platform to create and develop melodies whilst the on board effects, oscillators, filters and sequencer deliver advanced analog and digital synth control like never before.
Product Ref: 55219View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Comments from customers who bought this item:
Each of the JD-XA's four analog parts has two oscillators, along with filter and amp sections and four envelopes all with incredibly fast attack and response times. You also get two LFOs, with super-smooth coverage from ultra-slow to ultra-fast. Start by creating your sound from scratch, or configure the JD-XA as an eight-oscillator, pure analog version of the legendary Supersaw waveform. Additionally you can invoke the power of Poly Stack mode for warm, organic four-note chords that will sweep you away. Once you've got that killer analog sound, you can route it directly to the analog dry output or send it to the on board digital effects for further experiments in the art of sound design.
The JD-XA doesn't just do classic analog it's also equipped with a completely separate four-part, 64-voice digital sound engine powered by Roland's acclaimed SuperNATURAL synthesizer technology. This lets you play some of the most expressive and natural sounds available anywhere, as the JD-XA is compatible with the synth engine from the INTEGRA-7 sound module, a firm favourite of top producers, composers, and sound designers. And if you need some extra inspiration, visit Roland's online Axial community and download the latest creations from high-end programmers to tap into great sounds for a wide variety of genres.
Analog and Digital Crossover
With its distinctive crossover design, the JD-XA is very unique in its approach to synthesis. Not only can blend the engines together, but you can also use them completely independently, truly giving you two synths in one. Additionally, the analog and digital engines are able to interact in many creative ways. For example, digital sounds can be routed through the analog filters, or used as modulation sources for the Cross Mod and Ring Mod functions in the analog section. If you've got big ideas when it comes to sound design, you need a powerful and flexible synth, and the JD-XA really delivers.
Powerful & Versatile Effects
When it comes to effects, the JD-XA is well equipped to handle any sound shaping you want to apply. Each analog and digital section is equipped with a powerful and versatile MFX processor that offers 67 different effect types, including high-impact processing options like Bit Crusher. The essentials are also covered via the five system effects processors, which provide reverb, delay, and master EQ plus two TFX processors with 29 effect types each.
16-Track Pattern Sequencer & Real-Time / Step Recording
To get your creativity flowing, the JD-XA has a comprehensive 16-track pattern sequencer with 8 tracks for internal parts and 8 tracks for external sources, allowing you to build sequences and loops quickly and intuitively. Use real-time recording mode to lay down parts in a familiar linear fashion, or step recording mode to create in the old-school pattern style. However you like to work, this sequencer is designed to keep you connected to your music.
Flexible Routing and Connectivity
Providing unprecedented routing options thanks to a flexible system the JD-XA lets you route a single mod source to four destinations. In addition, you're able to control external modules or DAW plug-ins via MIDI, USB, and CV/GATE, making this a synth that can sit at the heart of any live or studio setup. If you can imagine it, you can probably do it on the JD-XA.
The JD-XA's mic input brings an extra dimension to your music. For starters, you can use the mic as a modulation source, controlling filter cut-off, Cross Mod, or other parameters with your voice. Alternatively, you can dial up Vocoder tones, or simply add some pro-grade vocal reverb via the mic's dedicated reverb processor.
Jupiter-8/Juno-60 Crossover Impressions
Roland's Jupiter-8 and Juno-60 synths are renowned for their warmth and musicality. Both synths offered a logical user interface with which to program rich, powerful sounds which meant brought them extreme popularity with musicians.The first release in the JD-XA Crossover Impression series celebrates these remarkable and enduring synthesizers with a collection of sounds inspired by the originals, brought to life using the power of the JD-XA's analog/digital crossover engine.
Free Expansion Sounds: To receive your free Jupiter-8/Juno-60 Crossover Impressions expansion library simply download from the Roland Axial website.
- Advanced synthesizer with independent analog and digital sound engines
- Discrete analog synth engine (four parts) with 2 x OSC, Filter, Amp, 4 x Env (2 x Pitch, Filter, Amp), and 2 x LFO per voice plus Analog Dry Out for raw signal output
- Analog filter section features 4-Pole, transistor-ladder, and multi-mode (LPF/HPF/BPF) filters with supremely smooth, natural response
- OSC section includes Cross Mod, Ring Mod, and OSC Sync, all of which can be used simultaneously
- LFO rate covers a wide range from ultra-slow to ultra-fast
- Incredibly fast attack envelope time
- Separate digital section built around SuperNATURAL synth engine (four parts, 64 voices) that's compatible with INTEGRA-7 sound libraries
- Digital parts can be routed through the analog filter section for warm, organic results
- Comprehensive effects with MFX for all parts plus five system effects (Reverb, TFX1, TFX2, Delay, and Master EQ)
- Flexible routing options for highly creative sound design
- Intuitive 16-track pattern sequencer (8 tracks for internal parts, 8 tracks for external parts) for fast creation of songs and loops
- Onboard USB, MIDI, and CV/GATE interfaces plus flexible MIDI control functionality
- Mic input allows you to modulate synth sounds with your voice and explore classic Vocoder functionality
- Plenty of backlit knobs, sliders, and controllers for hands-on sound shaping
- Sound Engines: Analog, Digital
- Number Of Keys: 49
- Key Action: Velocity Sensitive (Aftertouch)
- Inputs: 1 x XLR (Microphone), 1 x MIDI In
- Outputs: 2 x Master Out, 1 x Headphones, 1 x Analog Dry, 1 x Click, 2 x Gate Out, 2 x CV Out, 1 x MIDI Out
- Additional Connections: 3 x Foot Pedal, 1 x USB (Computer), 1 x USB (Memory)
- Analog Oscillators: 2
- Analog Filters: 2
- Analog Amps: 2
- Analog Envelopes: 4
- Analog LFO (Per Voice): 2
- System Effects: Reverb, TFX1, TFX2, Delay, Master EQ
- Sequencer: 16-Track
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.