View Full Description
This piano is also available in the Arius YDP142 Pack, offering everything you need in a convenient bundle.
Limited flowkey Offer
Yamaha and piano tutorial company flowkey have collaborated for a limited time offer to give you 3 months of premium learning. Simply download the flowkey app on your smartphone or tablet, register your instrument and begin your subscription. Premium flowkey members have access to over 500 songs covering major hits from pop, classical, rock and more. The user friendly interface allows you to learn each song in both a sheet music format as well as a play-along video. Thanks to the adjustable difficulty settings, flowkey can be used by complete novices and developed musicians alike. This intuitive app can even track your playing and offer instant feedback to help improve your skills. Any Yamaha digital piano purchased between 15th July 2016 and 31st March 2017 is now eligible for three months of premium flowkey access.
How to claim
- Purchase a new Yamaha digital piano or keyboard between 15th July 2016 and 31st March 2017
- Visit member.europe.yamaha.com/flowkey to register your instrument
- Follow the link to the flowkey site and use your unique code to enjoy three months premium access, worth €38.99/£34, completely free of charge!
Authentic Yamaha Tone and Touch
PureCF sampling is Yamaha's process of meticulously recording their acclaimed CFIIIS 9' concert grand piano in order to digitally recreate the sound and nuances of this instrument for the player of the YDP-142. A weighted action that gives heavier touch in the low end and lighter touch in the high end recreates the feel of the actual hammers in an acoustic instrument. This is perfect for a progressing pianist as it builds proper fingering technique. Touch sensitivity is variable between hard, medium and soft depending on finger strength and play style, allowing children to gradually build up power in their hands.
When pedaling on a grand piano you can control the subtleties and nuances to perform more expressive pieces. Continuous or half damper pedal control on the YDP-142 allows continuously increasing amounts of note sustain, from slight to full, as you depress the sustain pedal deeper. Yamaha's Damper Resonance digitally reduces the sympathetic interaction between the strings on an acoustic piano. When you use the damper pedal the harmonics of other strings wash over the notes you play until the pedal is released.
Perfect Tone Even When Quiet
Yamaha's Acoustic Optimizer is a new and unique technology. A special design and position within the instrument means the Optimizer can physically adjust the acoustic flow controlling resonance and enriching overall sound. This combined with digital technologies provides very impressive expressive capabilities.
Fun and Practical Digital Features
For students wishing to listen to their progress the built in, 2 track recorder is a useful device. You can also record the right and left hands separately for students who need to practice one hand only and even slow it down to a different tempo, you play one hand whilst song recorder plays the other. To make practice more exciting you can combine two voices together, like piano and strings, to create an inspiring new playing experience. This also makes for expanded creativity and performance options.
The YDP-142 has two headphones sockets so two people can listen and play in privacy without disturbing anyone else. 50 classic piano songs are provided in an included music book and also in the built-in song memory so you have plenty of pieces to get you started. You can learn these pieces using reduced tempo, play one hand at a time or just use them as inspiration or background music within your home.
Grows as You Do
This piano is an affordable and versatile starter piano that has the ability to respond as your skill level increases. With enough power to give drop-out free performances even when layering voices or playing two handed sustained chords with heavy pedaling. This means you don't have to worry about replacing the piano as you become a more advanced player. The range of finishes mean the YDP-142 can be an attractive and fun part of your home for years to come.
- Width: 1,357mm (53-7/16")
- Height: 815mm (32-1/16")
- Depth: 422 mm (16-5/8")
- Weight: 38kg (83 lbs., 12 oz)
- Number of Keys 88
- Type: Graded Hammer Standard (GHS) Keyboard with Matte Black Keytops
- Touch Sensitivity: Hard/Medium/Soft/Fixed
- Pedal: Number of Pedals 3
- Half Pedal: Yes
- Functions: Damper, Sostenuto, Soft
- Panel: Language English
- Key Cover Style: Sliding
- Music Rest: Yes
- Piano Sound: Pure CF Sound Engine
- Number of Polyphony: (Max.) 128
- Preset Voices: 10
- Reverb: Yes
- Damper Resonance: Yes
- Intelligent Acoustic Control: Yes
- Preset Songs: 10 Demo Songs, 50 Piano Preset Songs
- Recording Songs: 1
- Number of Tracks: 2
- Compatible Data Format: (Playback) Standard MIDI File (SMF) Format 0&1
- Recording: Standard MIDI File (SMF) Format 0
- Dual/Layers: Yes
- Duo: Yes
- Metronome: Yes
- Tempo Range: 5 - 280
- Transpose: -6 to 0, 0 to +6
- Tuning: Yes
Storage and Connectivity
- Storage Internal Memory:
- Per song : One song approx. 100 KB
- Loading song data from a computer : Up to 10 songs
- Total maximum size approx. 900KB
- Connectivity: Headphones x 2
- USB TO HOST: Yes
Amplifiers and Speakers
- Amplifiers: 6W x 2
- Speakers: Oval (12cm x 6cm) x 2
- Acoustic Optimizer: Yes
- Power Supply: AC power adaptor : PA-150 or an equivalent recommended by Yamaha
- Power Consumption: 9W (when using the PA-150)
- Auto Power Off: Yes
- Song Book - 50 Greats for the Piano
- Owner's Manual
- Quick Operation Guide
When you add this product to your shopping basket, you will be provided with our standard courier delivery option free of charge, which is a 'to your door' service. You may need to help the delivery driver as this product comes packaged in large boxes!
This option may not be suitable if you are unable to help the driver if required, or if you need the piano delivering upstairs but you don't have anyone else available to help. Please consider whether this is the most appropriate delivery service for you, as other delivery options are also available for an additional cost.
2 Man Delivery Service
If you select this option, two delivery personnel will deliver the piano boxes to any ground floor room of your choice, rather than just your front door. Please note that this service will take a few days longer than the standard courier service and the courier company will call you to arrange a convenient delivery date after you have placed the order.
If you would like more information please call us on 0843 155 0800.
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
This item usually qualifies for free standard delivery. Saturday and timed delivery services are also available as cost options when you add the item to your shopping basket.
If you also purchase items that do not
qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your
order which will be shown in your shopping basket.