AKG C414-XLS Condenser Microphone
AKG C414-XLS Condenser MicrophoneDetails
The Legendary AKG C414 has been a mainstay in professional studios worldwide since 1971 and is one of the most versatile microphones available. It offers a selection of nine polar patterns and and choice of pads to attenuate the levels. The XLS holds on to the sonic character of the original 414 and has been engineered for highest linearity and neutral sound. This will capture the softest vocals with complete accuracy, yet will still be perfectly happy sat in front of a screaming guitar cab.
Product Ref: 17371View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Comments from customers who bought this item:
The wide frequency range of the AKG C414-XLS Condenser Microphone allows you to capture every nuance of your source audio as it was intended; paramount for studio-quality recordings. The AKG C414-XLS Condenser Microphone was engineered to deliver the highest linearity and transparency for a neutral yet beautifully detailed sound. The C414 XLR is not only restricted to studios, its versatile nature makes it ideal for live sound applications as well as studio settings. It even feature three different switchable bass-cut filters that help to reduce wind noise and other unwanted frequencies.
Wide Range Of Polar Patterns
the AKG C414-XLS features nine different selectable polar patterns, perfect for every recording application possible. The nine polar patterns range from the standard cardioid pattern to omnidirectional, figure of eight and Wide cardioid, allowing you to set the pattern to suit the sound you require. It also features three attenuation levels for further control, allowing close-up recording or high-output sources ranging up to 158dB SPL.
Design & Construction
The sleek aesthetic of the AKG C414-XLS echoes that of vintage studio microphones from the 70s and 80s, with its large-diaphragm design featuring a gold-style grille. An overload warning with audio peak hold LED is featured on the front of the microphone to detect the shortest audio peaks and gives you a visual indication when your level is clipping. It’s versatile nature and high-quality components makes it perfect for recording everything from studio vocal performances to live acoustic guitars. The C414-XLS comes complete with: Universal Shock Mount.
- Engineered for highest linearity and neutral sound
- Nine selectable polar patterns
- Three attenuation levels (-6,-12,-18dB)
- Three different switchable bass-cut filters
- Overload warning with audio peak hold LED
- Ideal for live & studio applications
- Audio Frequency Bandwidth: 20 to 20000 Hz
- Sensitivity: 23 mV/Pa
- Equivalent Noise Level: 6 dB-A
- Signal to Noise: 88 dB-A
- Preattunation Pad: -6; -12; -18 dB
- Bass Cut Filter: 160; 80; 40 Hz
- Electrical Impedance: 200 Ohms
- Recommended Load Impedance: 2200 Ohms
- Polar Pattern: omnidirectional; wide cardioid; cardioid; hypercardioid; figure eight
- Number :9
- Voltage: 44 to 52 V
- Current: 4.5 mA
- Type: Balanced XLR
- Gender: Male
- Contacts: 3-pin
- Finish: dark gray/silver
- Length: 38 mm
- Width: 50 mm
- Height: 160 mm
- Net Weight: 300 g
- H85 Universal Shockmount
- W414 Windscreen
- PF80 Pop Filter
- Metal Carrying Case
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
This offer excludes computer software, in-ear monitors that have been opened, and items supplied to your personal specification.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.