API 2500 Stereo Bus Compressor
API 2500 Stereo Bus CompressorDetails
Product Ref: 61095View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Mono Functionality and Auto-Makeup Gain
The API 2500 provides a variable link between the left and right channels, making it easier to work with your mono sources. The auto-makeup gain button on the output stage allows you to control the threshold or ratio, while automatically maintaining a constant output level. This gives you added versatility when it comes to treating audio.
API Audio History
In 1968, Automated Processes Inc. began building quality consoles for broadcast applications. Soon, the company's products found favor with recording studios, and a string of industry-leading advancements (including computerized console automation, the first VCA, and more) followed. API produced the 2520 amplifier, one of the most famous op-amps in the recording industry, and their consoles and products found homes in such iconic studio facilities as The Hit Factory, Record Plant, Ocean Way, and Sunset Sound, among others. In fact, there are over 700 classic API consoles around the globe - many of which are still in use. And the company certainly isn't resting on its laurels; today's API products give you the same unbeatable combination of utility, innovation, and great sound.
- API 2520 Op Amplifier
- Variable threshold between -20dBu and +10dBu
- Selectable ratio, attack and release times
- Patented THRUST® selectable high-pass filter before RMS detector
- Variable link between left and right channels
- Old "feed back" or new "feed forward" compression
- Soft, medium or hard knee for easy to sharp compression
- Auto or manual gain make up
- 1/4" balanced side chain inputs
- Output clips at +28dBu
- Channels: 2
- Controls: Threshold, Attach, Ratio, Release
- Threshold: -20 dB to 10 dB
- Ratio: 1:1 to Inf.
- Side Chain Inserts: Yes
- Inputs: 2 x XLR
- Outputs: 2 x XLR
- Sidechain I/O: 2 x 1/4''
- Rack Spaces: 1U
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 3 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 60 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 3 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.