API 5500 Dual EQ with Range Switch
API 5500 Dual EQ with Range SwitchDetails
Product Ref: 61098View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
The range control feature within this unit gives you an increased degree of control over the equalizer. The amplitude controls can be reduced to 1/2 or 1/4 of their scale, giving you an expanded control over your levels. This makes the 5500 ideal for mastering and mixing applications.
Classic and Quality Design
As is typical with many API products, the 5500 has no integrated circuits in its signal path, meaning the gain comes from two 2520 Op-Amplifiers in each channel. The balanced input is processed by a 2510 Discrete Op-Amplifier. These components contribute to API's signature console sound capable of delivering 30+dBm before clipping.
The 5500's History
The beginnings of the 5500 circuit can be traced back to the original 550 equalizer designed by Saul Walker, the founder of Automated Processes Inc. The 550 was designed as a console equalizer, which uses an unbalanced input due to the architecture of the recording console. Because the ergonomics of a console dictate that the controls take up little space, sometimes the number of included functions can be limited. The 5500 is specifically designed to address these limitations; it has a balanced input, a true straight-wire bypass, an integrated power supply with noiseless muting and a range control that expands its versatility to mastering applications.
- Classic 550b Equalizer design
- Two range switches to individually alter gain steps
- Usable as a 550b, 550D or 550M
- Peak/shelf switch on Hi and Lo bands
- True hardwire bypass
- Balanced In and Out on XLR
- Unbalanced input on 1/4"
- EQ In/Out switch
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 4 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 60 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 4 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
This offer excludes computer software, in-ear monitors that have been opened, and items supplied to your personal specification.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.