API 550A 3 Band EQ - Saul Walker Edition
API 550A 3 Band EQ - Saul Walker EditionDetails
Product Ref: 61728View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
''Proportional Q'' ControlSaul Walker (The founder of API) designed the ''Proportional Q'' control in the '60s, allowing for the widening of the filter bandwidth at minimal settings whilst narrowing it at higher settings, without the need for additional bandwidth controls. This feature helps to minimise the phase-shift sound found in many equalizer units.
Classic Re-IssueThe 550A was first developed and circulated in the late 60s, designed by API's founder, Saul Walker, the discrete 550A was used at first as a modular OEM equalizer. The sonic quality and functionality of the 550A was embraced the industry, finding its way into many custom console designs by many renowned engineers. In 2004, this unit was re-issued by popular demand. This customized version of the classic makes it a collectible for any fan of the API series with its custom faceplate and signed by Saul Walker himself.
The API 500 SeriesThe API 500 Series focuses on high sound quality and longevity at an affordable price range. Considering most studio rigs undergo a large amount of swapping and changing between equipment, the API 500 series is designed to last, from its high quality components down to its rugged and durable design.
- Collectible: features API founder Saul Walker's signature plus a custom faceplate
- A true classic, reintroduced in 2004 by popular demand
- 3 bands of classic API equalization
- Each band offers 5 API-selected frequency centers
- Reciprocal and repeatable filtering
- Maximum 12dB of boost/cut per band
- EQ Band 1 and 3 offer shelf/peak switching
- "Proportional Q" narrows filter Q at extremes
- Traditional API fully discrete circuit design
- High-headroom +30dB clip level
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 3 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 60 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 3 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.