ART dADB Dual Active DI Box
ART dADB Dual Active DI BoxDetails
The ART dADB dual active direct box acts as two independent, high quality active interfaces for connecting instrument, line, or speaker level signals to balanced inputs. The high impedance 1/4-inch inputs are buffered and converted by extremely low noise active electronics to deliver isolated, balanced, low impedance outputs.
Product Ref: 22591View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
The dADB delivers an extremely flat and wide frequency response even at high input levels, making it a virtually acoustically transparent DI solution.
Input attenuation on each channel allows for a wide range of source signal levels. Independent parallel thru jacks allow for tapping the signal chains. A Ground Lift on each channel allows for totally separate the input and output signal grounds to isolate two systems when required, thus reducing hum and ground-loop noise.
Switchable low pass Bessel filters eliminate high frequency interference. Operating outside of the audio range these complex and effective filter circuits are primarily intended to eliminate radio frequency interference before it gets into the main system. They also effectively reduce digital computer noise making the dADB the ideal DI solution for laptops, computer workstations and peripherals when used in stereo PA applications.
The dADB's active circuitry is powered by phantom power or by an internal 9V battery when external power is not available. Low current draw (less than 7.5 mA) should provide more than 100 hours of operation with a new battery (alkaline recommended).
The compact black all steel case and active design ensure unmatched long-term reliability in Live Sound, Permanent/Fixed Install, D.J., or virtually any PA application.
Features / Specifications:
- Fully Active Design
- Operates on Phantom Power or 9V Battery
- Converts High-Impedance Balanced / Unbalanced Inputs Into 600 Ohm Balanced Outputs
- Switchable Input Attenuation (0, -20, -40 dB)
- Independently Switchable Low Pass Filter on each Channel
- Independently Switchable Phase Invert on each Channel
- Independently Switchable Ground Lift on each Channel
- 1/4-inch TRS Connector Inputs and Thru Connections
- XLR Connectors for Balanced Outputs
- Rugged Steel Case
- Frequency Response: 10 Hz - 100 kHz, ± 0.5 dB @ +0 dBu
- THD: <.05% (typical)
- Dynamic Range: >100 dB (typical)
- Channel Separation: > 80 dB (typical)
- Maximum Input Level: +4, +24, +44 dBu (depending on attenuator setting)
- Maximum Output Level: +6 dBu (battery powered), +14 dBu (phantom powered)
- Input Connections: 1/4" TRS balanced / unbalanced (2), 470k Ohm
- Thru Connections: 1/4" TRS (2)
- Output Connections: XLR male balanced (2), <600 Ohm
- Input Attenuation: Switchable, (0, -30 dB)
- Power Requirements: 9V @ 7.5 mA (battery, alkaline recommended), 18 - 48V DC @ 6.4 mA (phantom power, per channel)
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.