Allen and Heath ZED-10 USB Compact Stereo Mixer
Allen and Heath ZED-10 USB Compact Stereo MixerDetails
The ZED-10 is an amazing little desk for small band mixing. It's ultra portable for carrying to the gig, and can be used for recording live or in the studio. Guitars can be plugged in directly to the mixer using the specially designed high-impedance inputs, while the mixer has two stereo inputs for MP3/CD players or keyboards.
Equipped with professional XLR main stereo outputs and a flexible monitoring section with headphone and speaker feed outputs. In the FX version, we've added a set of fabulous effects to give shimmering reverbs and enhance your sound
Product Ref: 17379View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Comments from customers who bought this item:
ZED's are great for live mixing! Their layout makes them very easy to use and easy to achieve a great sound. They are also perfect for recording, either a live show or an audio project at home can be built up track by track using the USB digital audio interface.
The flexibility and quality of these mixers make them stand out from the crowd. You can plug your guitars or instruments straight into the class A discrete FET high impedance inputs, cater for up to four microphones, two stereo sources with MP3 player compatibility, separate 2-track record outputs and a stereo playback input for 2-track replay or perhaps interval music from a CD player, XLR main stereo outputs with inserts, comprehensive monitoring with headphones and separate monitor speaker outputs, 48V microphone phantom power, DI level switching for sub mixing, and not least of all, the same digital effects algorithms as those used on our flagship digital consoles costing 150 times as much!
One of the great things about the ZED series is the number and variety of things you can plug in. In addition to the sixteen mono channels there are two dual stereo channels, each with a main stereo input on jack sockets and with additional inputs on phono sockets. the USB return can be selected to one of the additional inputs so that it feeds either the main LR bus or the stereo channel.
In place of the DuoPre, the ZED-10 &10FX have pre-amps similar in design to our MixWizard range of mixers, but with a twist! Inputs 3 & 4 have a high impedance jack input capable of taking either a normal line level or a low level input from a guitar pickup.
These newly designed inputs have been crafted with the aim of replicating the sound of a classic guitar or instrument tube pre-amp in a combo or head amp. An extremely high input impedance ensures loading on pick-ups is minimal and a Class A FET (field effect transistor) circuit powered from 48V is employed to give the valve-like gain stage. There is a gain ?Boost? switch associated with the guitar inputs which boosts gain by 26dB to cater for instruments with very low level outputs and the overdrive characteristics of the guitar inputs are very similar to a valve (tube) circuit, being asymmetric and soft. All this makes for a wonderfully natural sound to be reproduced from the instrument, full of warmth and character.
ZED-10 is equipped with a responsive 3-band EQ with MusiQ, an optimised slope (or Q factor) for equalising individual instruments.
A separately switched stereo bus can be routed to from any channel creating a selective recording bus, monitoring bus or stereo clean feed output. You can even route just the effects processor output to this bus and use the mixer as a high end effects unit.
USB audio flexibility
Getting audio to and from a computer easily is now a common requirement for live sound and music production. The way we have implemented this on ZED is super-flexible and super-easy! No longer do you need to fiddle around the back of your PC to get to the soundcard inputs, only to find that the levels are all wrong and noisy. Just plug in a USB lead to your ZED, select the USB routing on the mixer and the device on your computer and that's it! Quality audio to and from your PC or Mac. Three switches provide different send/return configurations for recording, playback and utilising external FX.
The ZED-10 has been designed using individual vertically mounted circuit boards with each rotary control fixed with a metal nut to the front panel - making a much more robust product that will resist damage and give years of reliable use.
AmpliTube X-GEAR Software
Allen & Heath is pleased to announce a partnership with leading music software company, IK Multimedia, to bundle its pioneering AmpliTube X-GEAR software with the newly launched ZED-10 and ZED-10FX mini USB mixers.
- Mono Channel (XLR) Input: -10 to -60dBu for nominal (+11dBu in max)
- Mono Channel Line Input (Jack socket): +10 to -40dBu (+31dBu maximum)
- Stereo Input (jack or phone sockets): 0dBu nominal (control = Off to +15dB)
- L/R Outputs (XLR) Normal/DI out: 0dBu/-30dBu +21dBu/-9dBu maximum
- Aux & FX Outputs (Jack sockets): 0dBu nominal. +21dBu maximum
- Record & Monitor Outputs (phono sockets): 0dBu nominal. +21dBu maximum
- Mic in to Mix L/R Out, 30dB gain: +0.5/-1dB 10Hz to 30kHz.
- Line in to Mix L/R out 0dB gain: +0.5/-1dB 10Hz to 25kHz
- Stereo in to Mix L/R out: +0.5/-1db 10Hz to 30kHz
- Mic in to Mix L/R Out, 10dB gain 1kHz +10dBu out: 0.002
- Mic in to Mix L/R Out, 30dB gain 1kHz: 0.01
- Line in to Mix L/R out 0dB gain 0dBu 1kHz: 0.003
- Stereo in to Mix L/R out 0dB gain +10dBu 1kHz: 0.002
- Gtr Input to Mix L/R Out, 0dBu, Boost OUT: 0.015
- Gtr Input to Mix L/R Out, 0dBu, Boost IN: 2 second Harmonic
- Analogue Headroom from nominal (0Vu): 21dB
- USB in & out headroom from nominal (0Vu): 14dB
- Mic Pre Ein @ max gain 150R input Z 22-22kHz: -127dBu
- Mix L/R out, L/R faders = 0, Levels min, 22-22kHz: -96dBu
- Mix L/R out, L/R faders = 0, Levels min, 22-22kHz: -96dBu
USB Audio CODEC (Coder/Decoder)
- USB Audio In/Out: USB 1.1 compliant 16bit
- Sample Rate: 32, 44.1, or 48kHz
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.