BOSS VE-2 Vocal Harmonist
BOSS VE-2 Vocal HarmonistDetails
The Boss VE-2 is the perfect companion for vocalists, especially those who perform with guitar. This portable stompbox gives you a professional selection of effects for live and studio use.
Product Ref: 46095View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Comments from customers who bought this item:
Combining sophisticated sound with simple operation, the VE-2 Vocal Harmonist delivers a complete effects solution for all singers, particularly those that perform with guitar. This portable, battery-powered stompbox has everything you need to create polished, studio-quality sounds everywhere you sing, from concert stages and street performances to practicing and having fun at home. The VE-2 magically creates beautiful harmonized vocals that follow your singing, with pitch that automatically tracks the chords played on a connected guitar, a preset key, or a combination of the two. Using one of these three operation modes, it's easy to create perfect real-time harmonies in any key, even if you have no experience with gear or music theory. In addition to harmony, the VE-2 provides essential effects to enhance your voice, such as high-quality reverb/delay and an enhancer with real-time pitch correction. Also included is a USB audio function that allows you to connect to your computer and easily capture impressive VE-2 vocal sounds for music recordings, social media videos, and more.
Enrich Your Vocals with Beautiful Harmonies - Just Plug in Your Guitar and Sing!
When you connect your guitar to the VE-2, the Auto Harmony function detects the chords and key you play and automatically generates the correct harmony as you sing-it's that easy! If you don't play guitar, you can have the guitarist in your group plug in instead, or set the song's key manually with a panel knob. Hybrid mode provides the best of both worlds, following both the guitar chord progression and the current manual setting. This is ideal for times when you're riffing on your axe and singing at the same time-when the guitar chords drop out, the VE-2's manual setting instantly takes over. With these three intuitive methods, you're able to achieve natural, stable harmonies without any knowledge of electronic gear or music theory whatsoever.
A Variety of Harmony Types to Fit Any Style
With 12 different harmony types to choose from in the VE-2, you're sure to find a sound that suits any style of music. Easily selectable with a dedicated panel knob, the types include one or two added voices in various scale intervals above and/or below your own voice. In addition, each type has a variation setting that incorporates more voices for even fuller harmonies. From a little added colour to a rich ensemble sound, it's easy to create impressive vocals with the VE-2.
Friendly User Interface for Simple Operation
The VE-2 is incredibly intuitive for anyone to use, even for vocalists that have no previous experience with sound equipment. Buttons and knob-based controls make it simple to get great sounds instantly, while the handy LED indicators show the current vocal harmony setting at a glance. The integrated multi-function footswitch allows you to turn harmony on/off or bypass the VE-2's sound entirely as you perform, and you can even connect up to two optional footswitches for more control if desired. In addition, you can save three favourite sounds in on-board memories and recall them at the touch of button.
Essentials for a Polished Vocal Sound in One Compact Pedal
You don't have to rely on a sound engineer anymore to make your vocals sound great-everything you need is included in the VE-2. The Echo section provides high-quality reverb, delay, or a mix of both, all intuitively adjustable with a dedicated knob. Pressing the Enhance button once evens out your vocals for a more refined, studio-type sound, while a second press adds in some subtle pitch correction for stable harmony. The XLR input accepts a variety of professional microphone types, including studio-level condenser mics that require phantom power to operate. Phantom power is even available when the VE-2 is operated on batteries, letting you use these high-quality mic types everywhere you perform.
Connect to Your PC and Record Your Vocals
Normally, recording your singing along with real-time harmonies and sound enhancement requires a complicated setup with multiple devices. Not so with the VE-2! Just connect to your computer with a USB cable and use your favourite recording software to capture your voice with harmonies and effects. In addition to music production and song writing applications, this also gives singers a simple way to achieve impressive vocal sounds while recording performances for social media videos. With the VE-2's Loopback function, you can mix audio playback from your computer with the mic sound, allowing you to easily record sing-alongs with backing tracks and karaoke tunes.
- Real-time vocal harmonies and high-quality effects in an affordable, easy-to-operate pedal
- Auto Harmony function automatically detects chords played on a connected guitar and generates perfectly matching harmonies, even during mid-song key changes
- Solo singers can create harmonies by manually setting the song key with a dedicated panel knob
- Hybrid mode creates harmonies based on both guitar chord input and the manual key setting, perfect for songs where the guitar part transitions between rhythm and lead playing
- 24 harmony types to choose from (12 one- and two-voice harmonies plus variations that provide even fuller sounds)
- Friendly user interface that's simple to use, even for vocalists not familiar with using effects
- Easily dial up reverb and delay effects with a single knob
- Enhance function controls dynamics and applies subtle pitch correction as you sing
- Three memories for storing favourite settings
- Runs on four AA-size batteries or optional PSA-series AC adapter
- XLR mic input with phantom power (phantom power is available even when running on batteries)
- USB audio function for capturing processed vocal sounds into your computer
Please Note: The Boss VE-1 comes with 4 AA batteries included. AC Adaptor sold separately.
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.