Behringer SD8 Digital Snake
Behringer SD8 Digital SnakeDetails
The Behringer SD8 Stage Box provides 8 MIDAS-designed mic preamps, 8 balanced analog XLR returns at the stage end, plus an integrated 2-port Ultranet distribution hub. Designed to be the perfect solution for connecting onstage performances with the Front of House console and the rest of the world, the SD8 is extremely compact and is ideal for both permanent installations and mobile applications.
Product Ref: 67043View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
MIDAS - The Legend in Sound Quality
Ever since its formation in the 1970s, MIDAS has had a long history of innovation and leadership in the world of audio mixing consoles. MIDAS has earned their impeccable reputation due to their no-compromise approach to both audio and build-quality, and in particular for their Award-winning Mic Preamps. Behringer is proud to incorporate MIDAS designed preamps to ensure the ultimate in high-quality audio reproduction in both live and studio environments.
When used as part of a complete X32 system, up to three SD8 Stage Boxes can be combined via the built-in AES50 ports to create up to 24 bidirectional channels and 24 balanced XLR outputs. The built-in Ultranet distribution hub has the ability to provide power and 16 channels of audio to 2 Behringer POWERPLAY P16-M personal monitoring mixers per SD8, all via CAT5e cabling - and without the need for any additional hardware. The SD8 also features two programmable inputs that are compatible with Hi-Z sources, allowing you to connect keyboards, acoustic guitars and more - no DI box required.
Remotely Controllable Preamps
Setting up the SD8 is extremely easy, with virtually all parameter control taking place at the console - including the award-winning MIDAS-designed mic preamps, +48V phantom power, destination routing and more. All you have to do is place the SD8 in your desired position, run several CAT5e cables along with mic and instrument cables - and do the rest from the FOH console.
Klark Teknik SuperMac
Klark Teknik SuperMac - AES50-Compliant - technology delivers the high-capacity, ultra-low latency digital connectivity. Klark Teknik engineers worked hand-in-hand with Behringer to ensure the SD8 meets, and exceeds, the requirements demanded by todays discerning musicians and professional audio engineers.
- 8 MIDAS-designed, fully programmable mic preamps deliver audiophile sound quality
- 8 analog, servo-balanced XLR outputs
- AES50 network ports featuring Klark Teknik's SuperMac networking capability for ultra-low jitter and latency
- 2-port Ultranet distribution hub for powered connection of 2 Behringer P-16M personal monitoring mixers
- Digital audio and control connectivity for Turbosound speaker systems with Ultranet networking
- Rack ears and protective bumpers included for installed and mobile applications
- Dual AES50 ports for cascading multiple units - no merger or router required
- Remote operation via shielded CAT5e cable up to 330ft / 100m length
- USB connector for system updates via PC
- Ultra-compact and roadworthy, all-steel chassis
- Designed and engineered by Behringer Germany
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 3 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 60 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 3 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.