View Full Description
The Mackie S512 is a high-quality and rugged passive loudspeaker with a 12" woofer and 1" High-Frequency driver, and handles 1000W of peak power. It has a wide dispersion of 90° horizontally and 50° vertically.
Mackie S500 Series Passive Loudspeakers provide high-powered speakers with high-quality components like custom-specified drivers and all-wood enclosures, ensuring touring-quality sound and ruggedness.
For more details about the Mackie S500 series, please download the PDF from the link below.
Compact, Sound-Aware Enclosure Design
The S512 and others in its series benefit from from all-natural, sturdy wood, which gives incredible response, great rigidity and extended low-frequency output without rattles or vibrations. The whole acoustic chamber is air-displaced with adiabatic acoustic batting. This dampens internal midrange reflections so they can't bleed back through the LF transducer cone and reach your ears, which causes inferior 'boxy' sounding enclosures. Along with LF porting, all this allows the Mackie S500 enclosures to deliver amazing sound in a compact design.
Tour-Ready Protection and Transporting
The S512 also features a highly-durable PVC vinyl covering and protective edge bumpers for physical protection as you're moving it around. The bumpers also have built-in cups for stacking multiple full-range loudspeakers. Its sturdy side handles and ergonomic design makes it easy for transport.
Responsive High-Frequency Circuitry
The passive speaker features protective circuitry for the HF driver. If the speakers are driven beyond their limits, the HF protection circuitry immediatelly reduces power to the HF driver, so high-frequencies will drop when they're too high and gives you the notice to adjust your levels. This importantly protects the HF driver from damage. Once you control the signal, everything returns smoothly to their levels.
Combine It With Other Mackie Products
You could combine the S512 with Mackie's popular PPM Series Powered Mixer for a powerful system that's easy to transport and set up. Or, you could integrate with Mackie FRS Series Power Amplifiers and an SP260 Speaker Processor for a completely optimised passive system.
- Type: Two-way, full-range loudspeaker
- Frequency Range ( 10dB): 49 Hz - 18 kHz
- Horizontal Coverage Angle: 90°
- Verticle Coverage Angle: 50°
- Sensitivity (1W @ 1m): 99.9 dB SPL
- Nominal Impedance: 8 Ohms
- Power Handling: 250 Watts Continuous, 500 Watts Program, 1000 Watts Peak
- Crossover Frequency: 3600 Hz
- Transducers:Low Frequency: 12"/305 mm woofer, vented, High Frequency:1"/25mm tweeter
- Input Connectors: Two 1/4" TS jacks, Two NL4 jacks (Paralleled)
- Enclosure: Wood with textured black, PVC vinyl covering
- Height: 25.6in/650mm
- Width: 17.8in/452mm
- Depth: 15.6in/396mm
- Weight: 49lb/22Kg
- Mounting: Pole-Mountable (Pole not included)
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
This item usually qualifies for free standard delivery. Saturday and timed delivery services are also available as cost options when you add the item to your shopping basket.
If you also purchase items that do not
qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your
order which will be shown in your shopping basket.