Focusrite ISA828, 8 Channel Pre-Amp
Focusrite ISA828, 8 Channel Pre-AmpDetails
The Focusrite ISA828 retains all of the impressive features of the ISA428 but provides an extra 4 input channels providing 8 high quality microphone pre-amp channels. This gives you four hand-wound transformer-based preamps based on the original ISA 110 preamp circuit and housed in a convenient 2U chassis. Every preamp has switchable impedance and an impressive 122dB of dynamic range, giving you Focusrite's highly sought-after warm and transparent sound.
Product Ref: 47579View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Amazing Focusrite Clarity
The ISA microphone preamp was first introduced in 1985 and is renowned for outstanding transparency and subtle warmth contributed by transformer core saturation. With an additional variable impedance circuit ISA users are able to perfectly match the preamp with any microphone, or to use different settings creatively to shape the sound of the microphone. The ISA microphone preamp topology provides amazing clarity and the well-known Focusrite sound making it the first choice for many audio professionals today.
Fast and Easy Connection
The Focusrite ISA828 has four instrument inputs which are immediately accessible on the front panel, allowing fast and easy connection whilst 8 XLR inputs (with optional phantom power) are located to the reverse. Extra processing can be placed between preamp and conversion via the units dedicated insert points, featured on every channel. Accurate six-segment LED metering is designed to catch even the fastest transients on every channel.
Optional A/D Card
The preamps are complemented by eight line inputs, eight line outputs and an optional eight channel 192kHz A-D converter boasting a dynamic range of 122dB. Thanks to its convenient 25 pin D-Type connectors, the ISA828 also integrates quickly and seamlessly with ProTools HD, as well as other popular hard disc recorders and mixing desks.
Starting from September 2016, Focusrite are giving customers a chance to obtain a FREE or heavily discounted plug-in every month. The plug-in on offer will change every month and the offer will last for 12 months. To claim your plug-in, simply register your product with Focusrite, the plug-in will then be automatically delivers to your registered account. For more information please check the Promotional Offer page.
Mic Pre Masters
Focusrite are world renowned for the premium design and build quality of their microphone preamps, offering professional results for home and commercial recording. The Mic Pre Masters website provides video demonstrations and interactive audio stems which allow you to hear isolated tracks from recordings done exclusively through Focusrite preamps. The interactive demonstrations allow you to hear exactly how each preamp from the Focusrite range treats individual instrument elements to ensure you purchase the perfect interface for your desired application.
Mic Pre Masters Stems:
- 8 x ISA Transformer Based Preamps
- 25 Pin D-type Connectors (for connection to ProTools HD)
- Switchable Impedance
- 4 x Direct Instrument Inputs
- Inserts Available On All Channels
- High Pass Filter, Phase Reverse and Phantom Power
- 6 x LED Input Meter
- Pre-amp Type: Solid State
- Number of Channels: 8
- Frequency Response: 10Hz-110kHz
- Input Impedance (Variable): 600Ω 1k4Ω, 2k4Ω, 6k8Ω
- Phantom Power: Yes
- EQ: No
- Compression: No
- Analog Inputs: 8 x XLR (Mic), 8 x 1/4" (Line), 4 x 1/4" (Hi-Z) 1 x DB25 (ADC Inputs)
- Analog Outputs: 1 x DB25 (CH 1-8)
- Digital Inputs: No Digital Inputs
- Digital Outputs: 1 x DB25 (AES/EBU) 2 x ADAT (Optical)
- Other I/O: 1 x Word Clock In (BNC) 1 x Word Clock Out (BNC)
- Computer Connectivity: No Computer Connetivity
- Rackmount Spaces: 2U
- Height: 3.5"
- Depth: 12"
- Width: 19"
- Weight: 8.84Kg
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 5 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 90 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 5 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
Once the product is delivered, you have 30 days to decide that you definitely want to keep it. If you decide it is not suitable for any reason, you can return it back to us for replacement or full refund, including standard delivery charges.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
Some items are only eligible for money back guarantee if they are returned to us unused and sealed in the original packaging, and in the case of software, unregistered. These items include:
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
We are unable to accept returns of any custom made items designed to work together as a unique package, such as computer system built to a customer’s personal specifications. Exceptions may only be possible with prior agreement of the vendor, and may be subject to a cancellation fee.
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.