Mackie DC-16 AXIS System Control Surface
Mackie DC-16 AXIS System Control SurfaceDetails
Product Ref: 68417View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
Intuitive, Ergonomic Layout
The DC-16 is an incredibly flexible and versatile digital control surface designed specifically for use with the Mackie DL32R digital mixer to drastically improve your work flow and speed up operation and combining to create the Axis digital mixing system. With extensive digital connectivity including Dante compatability, it features a streamlined, ergonomic layout which places each parameter and function in the optimal position. Providing instant access to every control, each channel is instantly accessible a the touch of a button with navigation also made easier thanks to the 'view groups' control and a mix selector, delivering superior control compared to traditional 'bank' setups. The premium-quality visual display features full-colour, backlit TFT screens with variable brightness. These screens allow you to easily view your channels and parameters at a glance. Monitoring is taken care of by the 6-segment LED channel meters and 3-segment GR meters per channel, giving you a visual representation of your levels at a quick glance.
The DC-16's design focuses on improving your workflow and streamlining complex functions as well as being highly customisable, catering to the users needs. The mixer features a wide range of customisable parameters and controls from choose which controls get immediate access to limiting controls for learner engineers. You can also pick and choose which channels you want to see, whether it be limiting the amount of channels for smaller projects or accessing a range of channels for larger projects.
Wireless Mixing via SmartBridge™
The mixer features integral support for up to three iPad devices, delivering an expanded high-resolution visual workspace and touchscreen capabilities. You can control up to three iPad devices simultaneously, with each iPad controlling a different control or parameter. You can customise the view on each of the iPad devices to control various mixing surfaces for optimal customisation. The iPad devices will also charge when plugged into the DC-16 as well as featuring dedicated wired control. The AXIS SmartBridge system delivers a 'grab and go' work giving you a seamless user experience. The SmartBridge system reacts when you take an iPad out, automatically switching to optimal mode for wireless mixing. If you decide to place the iPad back into the SmartBridge, it will remember your customised view choice and go back to where you let off.
Dante Integration and Connectivity
In addition to its streamlined layout and wireless mixing capabilities, the DC-16 also features a range of connections allowing you to connect the mixer to external devices. A 4x4 Dante connection is provided via dual locking etherCon producing uncompressed, multi-channel, low latency digital audio over a standard Ethernet network connection. Dante connections are great for digital musicians allowing you to connect your DC-16 to your DAW with ease for unparalleled audio quality and performance. In addition to the Dante connectivity, the DC-16 also features an XLR talkback input (handy for talking to artists as you record) as well as a 1/8'' stereo input and a control room/phones outputs (for connecting headphone directly to the interface).
- 17 full channel strips with Alps® 100mm motorized touch-sensitive faders
- Dedicated selected channel section with control for fast access to important parameters
- Mix selector and view groups deliver innovative navigation without preset banks
- Ergonomic layout with generous working space for easy access to all controls
- Large, full-colour backlit channel ID screens with class-leading readability
- Flexible channel labeling including name, colour and icon
- 6-segment LED channel meters and 3-segment GR meters per channel
- Dedicated show display
- Automatically senses presence of up to three iPad devices and changes Master Fader operation to deliver tight integration and customised functionality
- Central iPad follows dedicated hardware controls for selected channel
- Unique history and fixed display iPad modes provide flexible workflow options
- Control up to four channels simultaneously from control surface and iPad devices
- Grab any iPad and go for instant wireless mixing from anywhere in the venue
- Wires recording and playback to central iPad
- Built-in charging for all three iPad devices
- Dedicated Wi-Fi router connection point
- All-steel chassis with aluminium front and back extrusions
- Low profile, compact design fits seamlessly into any workspace
- 4x4 Dante via dual locking etherCon
- XLR Talkback input
- 1/8 stereo input
- Control room/phones outputs
- General Digital
- Sample Rate: 48kHz
- A/D/A Bit Depth: 24-Bit
- 0 dBFS Reference: +22 dBu
- Frequency Response
- All Inputs and Outputs: ±0, -1 dB, 20Hz to 20kHz
- Stereo Input
- Connector: 1/8'' Unbalanced
- Input Impedance:,/b> 10kΩ
- Max Input Level: +16 dBu
- Talkback Mic
- Connector: XLR Balanced
- XLR Mic Pre: Onyx
- Input Impedance: 3kΩ
- Max Input Level: +21 dBu
- Gain: 0 - 60 dB
- Analog Monitor Outputs L/R
- Connectors: 1/4'' TRS Impedance Balanced (Supports Balanced / Unbalanced Operation)
- Output Impedance: 240Ω Balanced, 120Ω Unbalanced
- Max Output Level: +21 dBu
- Analog Headphone Out
- Connector: 1/4'' TRS Stereo
- Max Output Level: +18 dBu Into 600Ω, +19.5 dBu Max Into 100kΩ
- DC16 iPad Connectivity
- Connection: USB-A For Lightning Pads
- Connectors: 1 x USB-A (Control, Audio and Charging), 2 x USB-A (Charging Only)
- Control: Full Control
- Audio: Digital Streaming, 2 In / 2 Out
- Connection: lx RJ45 Gigabit Ethernet
- Connection: 2 x EtherCon Gigabit Ethernet
- Sample Rate: 48kHz
- Bit Depth: 24-Bit
- Transmit / Receive Channels: 4/4
- Supported Devices
- iOS Version Requirement: For Optimal Performance, Use Latest iOS Version (iOS 8 Minimum)
- iPad Version Requirement Wired: iPad (4th Generation), iPad Mini, iPad Mini 2, iPad Mini 3, iPad Air, iPad Air 2, Future iPad Devices
- Control Application: Mackie Master Fader App, Requires Master Fader V4.5
- Power Consumption: 102W
- External Supply: 100 - 240V, 50/60Hz
- Line Cord: User-Replaceable IEC
- Weight: 17 kg
- Height: 84 mm
- Width: 935 mm
- Depth: 447 mm
The product price includes 2 years' warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 6 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 180 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first 2 years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 6 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of 2 years warranty.
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.