Native Instruments Traktor Kontrol S8 Professional DJ Controller
Native Instruments Traktor Kontrol S8 Professional DJ ControllerDetails
Product Ref: 51912View Full Description
Full DescriptionView Full Description
The new update for Traktor is now available with a range of new features to improve your workflow and and flexiblity. One of the most exciting new features is the addition of Ableton Link. When it comes to assigning your controllers to your software, sometimes setup times can provide tedious; Ableton Link helps to streamline this process by allowing you to use the Link protocol when assigned with Traktor. This allows you to get setup and playing in no time. This proves useful when it comes to live performances, perfect for switching between multiple decks and controllers for quick and easy setup. Also included in the new update, is a new step sequencer. This allows you to trigger samples and create sequences on the fly, bringing a new dynamic to your mixing. Conveniently, the Step Sequencer comes pre-mapped to both the Kontrol S8 and D2 controllers. Additionally the update brings support for HID/DVS, designed primarily for Pioneer users allowing you to control the decks via your HID.
High Resolution Displays
Wielding dual high definition real-time display screens the Traktor S8 delivers optimized visual monitoring by displaying wave visuals, bpm, time scales and track info and also providing the capability to access a range of effects and track library browsing with just a simple touch.
The high definition screens also features innovative smart views that allow you to monitor dynamic visual feedback such as the beatgrid view which instantly displays timing markers on the selected tracks wave image to allow for syncing and editing.
Advanced & Versatile Controls
Also incorporating rotary control knobs, touch sensitive panels and sixteen bright colour coded performance pads to allow you to transform and manipulate tracks by assigning sliced segments, loops, hotcues and samples the Native Instruments S8 provides everything you could possibly need for live and studio dj'ing and much more making it a dream for experienced dj's.
The freeze function on the Kontrol S8 allows you to take an audio snapshot of the current playing track which will then appear as a loop on a performance pad allowing you to loop and sample sections of audio on the fly.
With two sensitive touch strips located to the bottom of the performance pads on each side the S8 provides the ability to bend the pitch of the current track and even act as a vinyl scratch emulator to bring traditional elements of DJ'ing to this advanced contemporary DJ controller.
Traktor & Stand Alone Mode
The incorporation of Traktor Mode buttons on every mixer channel allows you to toggle between Traktor and stand-alone mode giving you the option of integrating a range of analog and/or digital gear whilst the innovative wear resistant faders allow prolonged fader life due to the inversed carbon strips.
The Traktor Kontrol S8 features the most powerful audio interface ever to appear on a Traktor DJ Controller. With four analog inputs with both microphone and phono preamps the S8 can be connected to turntables, CDJ and other equipment to expand this already powerful controller. The addition of XLR and RCA master outputs makes the S8 compatible with any sound system.
With the Midi in/out connections the Native Instruments Traktor S8 allows you to sync with synthesizers, drum machines, MASCHINE and external effects units adding further expansion potential to this already versatile professional DJ controller.
Native Instruments STEMS
Stems is a brand new music format designed with performance DJs in mind. A Stem file breaks down a track into four musical elements which are pre-mapped to 4 individual performance faders. A common break down format for a stem file may comprise of a drum track, bass track, synth track and vocals. Each track within the stem file can be controlled in the same way as a standard track, with it's own FX and volume faders. A wide range of artists and labels are already on board with Stems with a view to release a range of tracks in stems format, this provides DJs and producers with a whole new tool for creating tracks. Native Instruments has also developed a free Stem Creator Tool which allows you to export your tracks in Stem format divided into 4 musical elements, ideal for layering or to create different arrangements of your track.The new Stems Creator Tool can now be downloaded from here.
- Fully-integrated 4-deck TRAKTOR controller including TRAKTOR SCRATCH PRO 2 software
- 30 touch-sensitive knobs and faders for intuitive control over TRAKTOR software
- 2 bright, full-color displays reveal pop-ups displays, views, and panels
- Touch strip provides tactile control over track position, pitch bend and more
- Quickly access track BPM and Key as well as FX, Filter and Remix Deck parameters
- Touch-sensitive 4+4 channel Remix Deck faders for fully-integrated Remix Deck access
- 16 color-coded pads for triggering samples, cue points, loops, or beat jumps
- 2 customizable FX units with over 30 studio quality effects plus Macro FX
- Built-in, club-ready audio with pristine 24-bit/48kHz clarity
- 4 analog inputs with phono and mic preamps let you connect up to four turntables, CDJs, or other external gear
- Works as a standalone mixer
- XLR/RCA master and 1/4 inch booth outputs for connecting main and booth soundsystems
- Inputs: 4 x Phono, 2 x Mic, 1 x Midi, USB
- Outputs: 1 x Phono, 2 x XLR (Main Out), 2 x 1/4" Jack (Booth Out), Midi
- Supported Audio Formats: MP3, WAV, AIFF, CD, FLAC, Ogg Vorbis, non-DRM WMA, non-DRM AAC
- Monitor Resolution: 1024 x 768 (Min)
- USB: 2.0 or Higher
- Disc Space: 1.5 GB
- Internet: Required for Installation
- Height: 6.6 cm
- Width: 58.5 cm
- Depth: 38.7 cm
- Weight: 5 Kg
Mac System Requirements
- Operating System: OS X 10.8 or 10.9 (Latest Update)
- Processor: Intel Core i5
- RAM: 4 GB
PC System Requirements
- Operating System: Windows 7 or 8 (32/64 Bit)
- Processor: 2.0 GHz Intel Core i5 or AMD A-Series
- RAM: 4GB
The product price includes a one year warranty and 30 day money back guarantee.
However, the Gear4music extended warranty scheme provides an enhanced service, and is designed to offer a higher level of protection than many 'free' warranties offered by some retailers and manufacturers.
The highlights of this enhanced warranty service are:
- Warranty is extended to 3 years from the date of delivery.
- Our Money Back guarantee is extended from 30 days to 60 days (terms apply after 30 days)
- Collection and delivery costs are included for the first two years
- Claim 50% cash back on the cost of the policy after 3 years if it has not been used!
- Warranty is transferable if the item is re-sold
- Loan or replacement equipment will be provided if the product isn't repaired within 30 days
- If an item can not be repaired, a similar alternative product or cash discount (as defined in this policy) will be offered
- The policy can be cancelled within 30 days, and at any time after that for a pro-rata discount
Please note that this extended warranty is currently only available on products sold within the EU or EEA, and is subject to the terms and conditions as detailed on the extended warranty certificate provided.
For customers in outlying areas of the country, the price of the Extended Warranty may be marginally higher, due to the potential for higher collection and redelivery transport costs.
This enhanced warranty is in addition to the standard Gear4music and manufacturer warranty policies, and the Gear4music terms and conditions of trade. No statement or condition of sale contained within these terms affects or restricts your statutory rights as defined under the Consumer Contracts Regulation 2014.
All Products are new unless stated, and include a minimum of one year warranty.
- CDs & DVDs
- In-ear Monitors
- Earplugs and Ear Protection
- Mouthpieces, Reeds etc… for Woodwind and Brass instruments
- Mouth / Lip Care Products
If you also purchase items that do not qualify for free delivery, some delivery charges may be applied to your order which will be shown in your shopping basket.